Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Audio Failure?

I have once again - and more frequently now - been having an issue where I am playing live and realize no sound is coming out of my iPad. I have narrowed the issue to the iPad itself (not a MIDI connection failure, not an issue between the iPad and the mixer). The audio just... stops. I can see its receiving MIDI.

Generally nothing save a complete restart of the iPad fixes this. I am providing only backup and accent parts mostly but we are doing a show at the end of May where I will be the main keys player and I am feeling pretty stressed about the reliability right now.

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Yes sometimes the audio crashes, probably a plugin causes this. I've found that sometimes certain large patches in Audiolayer does this for me..

Good to try and narrow down the offending app and remove from your set.

• I am using all standalone synths/apps. Primarily:

Korg iM1
    Moog Model D
    AudioKit FM Player
    Korg iMono/Poly
    Fingerlabs DM1