Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Model D bad on eyes

Hi there.i just purchased Model D and have to say it sounds fabulous.
But I’m i the only one having to squeeze my eyes while using the app?
I think the synth sections needs to be a little bigger

Comments

• The 'knobs' are quite ok but it's very hard to do precise value adjustments without any numerical feedback...

The size depends on the device I guess, on the iPhone 8 it's 'too small' on the iPad Air 2 it's 'ok'.

• This came up in a discussion ref the sensitivity of the sliders in Odyssie/Lexington in Gadget and someone suggested to use the screen zoom setting, that's part of the accessibility feature within iOS. And it's really effective on all iOS devices not just iPhones. To enable this setting go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Zoom.

One enabled a double click on screen with three fingers will enable the Zoom feature, which can be dragged around the screen to where you need it. Double click again with three fingers to disable.

It's a great feature to have on iPads an essential one on iPhones.

• @Samu said:
    The 'knobs' are quite ok but it's very hard to do precise value adjustments without any numerical feedback...

The size depends on the device I guess, on the iPhone 8 it's 'too small' on the iPad Air 2 it's 'ok'.

On my iPad Pro 10.5 the nobs ain’t an issue but trying to read the values is a bit hard on the eyes

• @jonmoore said:
    This came up in a discussion ref the sensitivity of the sliders in Odyssie/Lexington in Gadget and someone suggested to use the screen zoom setting, that's part of the accessibility feature within iOS. And it's really effective on all iOS devices not just iPhones. To enable this setting go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Zoom.

One enabled a double click on screen with three fingers will enable the Zoom feature, which can be dragged around the screen to where you need it. Double click again with three fingers to disable.

It's a great feature to have on iPads an essential one on iPhones.

Hi there thanks for the advice.will give it a try

• @jonmoore said:
    This came up in a discussion ref the sensitivity of the sliders in Odyssie/Lexington in Gadget and someone suggested to use the screen zoom setting, that's part of the accessibility feature within iOS. And it's really effective on all iOS devices not just iPhones. To enable this setting go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Zoom.

That works for some apps, but for example PPQ Infinite 'goes nuts' when using the 'zoom' to edit the mod matrix.
    (The app get's 'wrong coordinates' from iOS when zoomed so there's not much that can be done about it other than getting a device that supports the Apple Pencil or another capacitative pointing device with a tiny tip).

Zoom should never be used as an excuse for 'Bad UI design' which is the case with Model D.
    Model 15 on the other hand works well and the same 'pan/scroll' style could have been implemented in Model D as well.

Thankfully I know my way around a Model D so apart from precise value adjustments (for tuning) it's easy enough to use as is on both iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2.

• Are you using the doubletap on the ModelD interface? This gives an enlarged view of the knobs.
    But yes I want them to do a scaleable gui like Model15.
    Or at least a full screen option. As the gui is one of the reasons I don't use i as much as I'd would.

• @Carnbot said:
    Are you using the doubletap on the ModelD interface? This gives an enlarged view of the knobs.
    But yes I want them to do a scaleable gui like Model15.
    Or at least a full screen option. As the gui is one of the reasons I don't use i as much as I'd would.

Sometimes but the 'play mode' hides the modulation (ie. controller) settings which I use quite a lot to tweak the sounds :)
    Model 15 style pan-scroll would be a welcome addition with optional 'tool tips' to show the parameter value.

Even though the Model D app sounds good it's no match for the hardware Volca Bass for fat bass :)

• @samu I wasn't suggesting that the Accessibility zoom feature is ideal but it's a useful workaround at times. But it's certainly not a replacement for bad UI design decisions.

I've not encountered apps where it causes me problems. I only use PPG Infinite on the desktop so haven't encountered that particular matrix issue.

Interestingly, I find Zoom and finger control to offer more finite granularity than using my Apple Pencil in many apps. The screen is simply too slippy. I've tried matte screen protectors (but I have a general hatred of screen protectors) plus it obscures the screen too much. And getting all the air bubbles out when fitting a screen protector is too much of a dark art! I may try the screen protector service that's offered in Apple retail outlets, as I'm definitely searching for a paper like resistance when working with Pencil compatible iOS devices.

• @jonmoore said:

I've not encountered apps where it causes me problems. I only use PPG Infinite on the desktop so haven't encountered that particular matrix issue.

It's only an issue on the iOS version :(
    On the Mac I use 'Control + Two Finger Swipe' on the trackpad to zoom and it works flawlessly.

As my eye-sight degrades I'll see what iPad I'll get in the future.