Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A question for Audiobus 3.4 beta testers

13»

Comments

• Okay, cool. Nothing conclusive in the logs, but it does rule out something I was wondering about, so still a step closer =)

• @Michael said:
    Okay, cool. Nothing conclusive in the logs, but it does rule out something I was wondering about, so still a step closer =)

So, this is very weird. When it failed to load correctly, I did new preset and saved the new copy. And then loaded the copy -- and it loaded fine. I went back to the original and it loaded fine, too.

No idea what to make of that. Any chance that there is an uninitialized or incorrectly initialized pointer or handle and the loading success depends on what happens to be at the address pointed to?

• Hi @Michael
    Got to reproduce this - did as you said and sent via beta "Get Support" button.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Michael said:
    Okay, cool. Nothing conclusive in the logs, but it does rule out something I was wondering about, so still a step closer =)

So, this is very weird. When it failed to load correctly, I did new preset and saved the new copy. And then loaded the copy -- and it loaded fine. I went back to the original and it loaded fine, too.

No idea what to make of that. Any chance that there is an uninitialized or incorrectly initialized pointer or handle and the loading success depends on what happens to be at the address pointed to?

It could be just that AB is reusing the existing AU, now that it's loaded - if you clear the session, then wait for 3 seconds, AB will close and purge that AU from memory; otherwise if you load a new preset straight away (or within that delay), AB will reuse the AU, and probably bypass that issue I guess?

• Okay, I've just uploading a TestFlight build of a step between build 111 and 112 - would you mind giving it a go, and seeing if it works right or not?

• Thanks @MrBlaschke! Yikes, it's much more common than I thought. Wonder why it's not happening on my devices...

• Tested it on my "old" iPad mini - maybe processor or low memory related?

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Tested it on my "old" iPad mini - maybe processor or low memory related?

It's happening on pretty new iPad Pros, so I don't think so - but who knows. I suspect if I knew, then I would have solved the bug 😄

• edited April 2019

@Michael said:
    Okay, I've just uploading a TestFlight build of a step between build 111 and 112 - would you mind giving it a go, and seeing if it works right or not?

Build 112.1: Appears to be working for both 2013 iPad Mini 2 and 2019 iPad Mini 5. Both iOS12.2.

Build 112.1: This Works Great! Build 119: I was able to successfully load the preset from your link multiple times successfully. Also after saving it, and loading the preset, it loads fine.

Build 112.1: This Works Great! Build 119: But, after force-closing AB, opening AB, and loading the saved preset, it always results in the endless loading for the secondary Fugue Machines.

Build 112.1: This Works Great! Build 119: But, while its still trying to load, if I load the preset again, usually it will load successfully.

Build 112.1: This Works Great! Build 119: Also, I checked all the Rozeta AUs, and none showed a 'Not Supported' error?

Build 112.1: This Works Great! Build 119: All 4 Fugue playheads playing, synths playing as expected.

Looking good.

• edited April 2019

@Michael said:
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, it's a preset like this that's causing trouble:

http://preset.audiob.us/lpNlOVN8pY6aFnu

Just tried this link @Michael .

The preset loaded great the first time. I saved it in AB3 latest beta 3.4 (119).

Went to reopen it a only the first lane loads the others are stuck.

Get support sent.

• Wow, I thought it'd be an all-or-nothing kind of thing, but it's weird that it's still failing for the force quit-and-reload deal @ocelot! Still gives me something to work with though. Thank you!

• @Michael said:
    Wow, I thought it'd be an all-or-nothing kind of thing, but it's weird that it's still failing for the force quit-and-reload deal @ocelot! Still gives me something to work with though. Thank you!

No, Build 112.1 works in all circumstances. :smile:
    All 5 scenarios were checked, and each passed successfully with Build 112.1.

• @ocelot said:

@Michael said:
    Wow, I thought it'd be an all-or-nothing kind of thing, but it's weird that it's still failing for the force quit-and-reload deal @ocelot! Still gives me something to work with though. Thank you!

No, Build 112.1 works in all circumstances. :smile:
    All 5 scenarios were checked, and each passed successfully with Build 112.1.

Ahhhh! Beg pardon - right, got it. Excellent. Very good news, that narrows it down nicely.

• Hah!! Got it. Super obscure and annoying, that one. Thanks, guys, couldn't have done it without you.

• The master! Fast like ninja!

• Confirmed on 3.4 (120) - tested 3x in a row. All successful.
    Thanks!

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Confirmed on 3.4 (120) - tested 3x in a row. All successful.
    Thanks!

Wonderful!

• Has anyone tried switching presets by selecting an AU app from the mixer page with the piano roll showing?

• @Michael : seems fixed on my iPad despite many opportunities for it to fail.