Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A question for Audiobus 3.4 beta testers

Comments

• edited April 2019

Looks like an iOS bug (surprise surprise); does this work now? (hidden)

• @ocelot said:
    Just wanted to mention again that "while the secondary Fugues are still trying to load, if I load the preset again, usually it will load successfully. And immediately."

Ah yes, that's right - yeah, that is interesting. Definitely took note; it doesn't explain what's happening just yet, but it's a valuable data point.

• edited April 2019

@Michael said:
    Looks like an iOS bug (surprise surprise); does this work now? (hidden)

Same issue (dim icon; cannot open it).

• Argh. C'mon, iOS! Is it an option to delete the app first and then try the install?

• Not with the latest link you posted. It seems to overwrite it?

But with the first links you posted, I got the same pop-up that @espiegel123 got - "it says I need to delete the app then install." So I deleted AB3.14(118), installed the build from your server, but got the dim icons, and cannot open the app.

• Wow, okay. I think I might be out of ideas – this used to work great, but I guess Apple have changed something...but it's not the thing people seem to be talking about.

Okay, thanks for your time anyway; back to the drawing board, I guess! You should be able to reinstall the version from TestFlight or the App Store.

• edited April 2019

Oh, one more thing to try: it might have been caching the manifest file. Does this work?

(hidden)

• This is what it looks like immediately after installing:

This is what it looks like after rebooting and waiting:

• Ah well, we tried =) Thanks heaps for that, I'll see if I can find another way to solve this thing!

• @Michael said:
    Oh, one more thing to try: it might have been caching the manifest file. Does this work?

(hidden)

Does what work? The forum post just says (hidden)

• @espiegel123 said:

@Michael said:

(hidden)

Does what work? The forum post just says (hidden)

Oh, yeah, I've given up for now - it apparently did not. I've removed the URLs just to avoid temptation =)

• Okay, new TestFlight build is up, @espiegel123/@ocelot, which has some extra debugging stuff in it. If you wouldn't mind reproducing that Fugue Machine "Launching" bug and then tapping "Get Support" in Audiobus' settings, I'm hoping that'll give me some answers!

Sorry to waste your time with the test builds, was pulling my hair out over that one.

• @Michael said:
    Okay, new TestFlight build is up, @espiegel123/@ocelot, which has some extra debugging stuff in it. If you wouldn't mind reproducing that Fugue Machine "Launching" bug and then tapping "Get Support" in Audiobus' settings, I'm hoping that'll give me some answers!

Sorry to waste your time with the test builds, was pulling my hair out over that one.

The problem doesn’t happen in build 119 for me!

Yay!

• Hahah no freaking way. I didn't change anything!

• @Michael said:
    Hahah no freaking way. I didn't change anything!

About to cold boot. WTF!

• @espiegel123 said:

@Michael said:
    Hahah no freaking way. I didn't change anything!

About to cold boot. WTF!

It was 100% reproducible and now it doesn’t happen. Power cycled. Tried 5 times.

• Wow. OMG. This just reinforces my "if in doubt, recompile" problem solving technique. I'm going to be insufferable from here on out.

• edited April 2019

Getting the same behavior with latest build 119, but if it hangs, loading the preset again works, like before.

Awesome new feature by the way. So Polythemus should work now? Anyone try it yet?

• @ocelot said:
    Getting the same behavior with latest build 119, but if it hangs, loading the preset again works, like before.

Awesome new feature by the way. So Polythemus should work now? Anyone try it yet?

Okay great - would you mind reproducing that behaviour, then immediately tapping "Get Support" in the app's settings?

• Done. Sorry to be the party-pooper.

• Huh, that's not what I expected at all! Okay, thanks for that, time for more digging

• That's while it's hanging.
    Should I send another after re-loading it after it's not hanging?

• @Michael said:
    Huh, that's not what I expected at all! Okay, thanks for that, time for more digging

Michael, it just happened to me. I decided that I’d rename the file that I modified and re-download the file you posted. After renaming, I loaded the renamed file ..and it got stuck.

I tapped Get Support. So, you should have my info.

I haven’t done anything in AB since it worked. But I did do a little work in some standalone apps. Nothing that I would think could affect anything.

• Beautiful, thanks @espiegel123. Actually, that'd be interesting, @ocelot - yeah, please do

• Cheers for that guys, good stuff

• Argh, sorry just noticed in the log I loaded a Blue Mango AU FX.
    Let me re-do the 2nd one.

• Sure =)

By the way, when that "Launching" thing is happening, if you actually hit play and move to the mixer screen (or hookup synths on the output), do you actually see/hear anything coming out of those "Launching" ports?

• edited April 2019

Okay, the 3rd one I sent is the clean one. (No logs about opening Blue Mango).
    This is immediately after successfully re-loading the preset after it had been hanging for ~1 minute.

• @Michael said:
    Sure =)

By the way, when that "Launching" thing is happening, if you actually hit play and move to the mixer screen (or hookup synths on the output), do you actually see/hear anything coming out of those "Launching" ports?

If I hit play, I can see that the main out from FM is playing but not the ones that say 'Launching'

I have AU synths connected to the outputs of all the FM channels.

Anything interesting in those logs?

• @Michael said:
    Sure =)

Only in the "All Playheads". Not in the ones that are still attempting to launch. Yes, all 4 playheads are running too. :smile: