Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

N-track studio ios multiple output routing via Audiobus

Hello

I am using n-track to pipe audio from individual tracks to corresponding channel strips that I have setup in AUM via Audiobus (individuak tracks in n-track are sent to AUM separately via Audiobus, each track is supposed to be sent individually~not as a master mixdown)

I had this working properly a couple days ago but now I cannot seem to get n-track to publish it’s multiple audio outputs to audiobus and also cannot get n-track to show the option to route to audiobus

I have ‘multiroute output’ switched on in n-track but this does not seem to help with publishing the outputs to audiobus or allow me to choose audiobus as an output from within n-track.

Can someone please walk me through the proper steps to successfully route multiple individual audio outputs from n-track into audiobus?

Thank you so much!!

Comments

• @annahahn said:
    Hello

I am using n-track to pipe audio from individual tracks to corresponding channel strips that I have setup in AUM via Audiobus (individuak tracks in n-track are sent to AUM separately via Audiobus, each track is supposed to be sent individually~not as a master mixdown)

I had this working properly a couple days ago but now I cannot seem to get n-track to publish it’s multiple audio outputs to audiobus and also cannot get n-track to show the option to route to audiobus

I have ‘multiroute output’ switched on in n-track but this does not seem to help with publishing the outputs to audiobus or allow me to choose audiobus as an output from within n-track.

Can someone please walk me through the proper steps to successfully route multiple individual audio outputs from n-track into audiobus?

Thank you so much!!

Please post your AudioBus preset

• @tja said:

@annahahn said:
    Hello

Thank you so much!!

Please post your AudioBus preset

I am not using a preset, always starting from scratch to get the routing working with the most basic implementation. I have been starting from a blank audiobus setup, adding aum as a source with n-track as a destination, then adding n-track as a source and aum as a destination on another strip

• And now press "Save" and then "Share"

• @tja said:
    And now press "Save" and then "Share"

Thank you

Audiobus preset 'N-track Aum': http://preset.audiob.us/0texQxrvMLGTo3z

Did that work?

I havent been able to get multi output to work again from n track-right now audiobus will only let me add one instance of n-track as an input~ any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks so much!!

• I tried to test this and then I noticed that this feature is only available in the subscription or pro version.

Do you have this or are still in the test phase?

• @tja said:
    I tried to test this and then I noticed that this feature is only available in the subscription or pro version.

Do you have this or are still in the test phase?

>

Hmmm that’s interesting

Yes I do have a subscription to the pro version which includes 64bit audio engine which I have successfully implemented

Any other ideas?

• I’ve not got nTrack so can’t help much... but when adding apps to do routing in Audiobus in the past I have noticed that it can make a difference if the app is running before I launch Audiobus or after.

I would have a try testing out opening the apps in different orders - worth a try!!!

• @ricksteruk said:
    I’ve not got nTrack so can’t help much... but when adding apps to do routing in Audiobus in the past I have noticed that it can make a difference if the app is running before I launch Audiobus or after.

I would have a try testing out opening the apps in different orders - worth a try!!!

Thanks for this~ I had the same thought but none of my tests have resulted in any changes

Any other ideas?

• @annahahn said:

@ricksteruk said:
    I’ve not got nTrack so can’t help much... but when adding apps to do routing in Audiobus in the past I have noticed that it can make a difference if the app is running before I launch Audiobus or after.

Thanks for this~ I had the same thought but none of my tests have resulted in any changes

Any other ideas?

Seems very odd that it was working before but not now. The only other thing I can think of is to do the hard reset:

To perform a hard reset:
    Hold down the home and on/off buttons at the same time.
    Continue holding the buttons even after the slider appears on the screen. The screen will eventually go black.
    When the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons and let the iPad start up like normal.

Good luck. I hope you get it working!!

• @ricksteruk said:

@annahahn said:

@ricksteruk said:

Any other ideas?

Seems very odd that it was working before but not now. The only other thing I can think of is to do the hard reset:

To perform a hard reset:
    Hold down the home and on/off buttons at the same time.
    Continue holding the buttons even after the slider appears on the screen. The screen will eventually go black.
    When the Apple logo appears, let go of the buttons and let the iPad start up like normal.

Good luck. I hope you get it working!!

Thank you!~ I tried a hard reset as well and still no luck.

So confused what the issue could be. Do any other possible explanations/ potential fixes come to mind?