Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 for routing/sending audio to specific audiobus channel

Hello

Is there an AUv3 out there that can send audio to a specific audiobus channel? I am using Audio Evolution and would like to route certain tracks to specific channels in AUM however Evolution only has master stereo output of the entire mixdown and it does not allow you to multiroute output to individual channels in Audiobus

Is anyone aware of an AUv3 that will allow me to route audio between apps regardless of if the host app publishes individual channel outputs? If anyone is familiar with RouteMIDIApp, I am imagining something like this but for audio rather than MIDI

Thank you so much!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

Sorry, but this isn’t possible. There’s no mechanism in iOS whereby a plugin can “jump” sound to another app. Midi is different. There’s a mechanism (Core Midi) for doing that, but there is no similar thing in iOS for audio. To get audio from A into app B, app B needs to be hosted in App A.

• edited April 2019

..or an Audio out, Audio Interface with Audio-In and something to record.
    Using this you can't split up sub-channels from 1 master out - but you could however record seperate "lanes" with muted sounds and re-mix them together later on...
    Worth the setup? Well, you decide.

• ApeMatrix is the AUv3 host that has the most flexible routing options at the moment.

• edited April 2019

• edited April 2019

@Samu said:
    ApeMatrix is the AUv3 host that has the most flexible routing options at the moment.

+1

@dendy said:

NS2, in my opinion, can do same and more. Of course it doesn't have that "matrix" UI, it's approach of routing is more traditional (sends, groups, subgroups,...) .. But it's audio/midi routing capabilities are very advanced. From desktop world, it can be compared to mixer in Reaper.

But when referring to flexibility, apeMatrix is much quicker changing things on the fly, also in the current ApeMatrix beta presets for matrices are being tested so you can quickly swap between different audio and midi routings during the session.

• @dendy said:

@Samu said:
    ApeMatrix is the AUv3 host that has the most flexible routing options at the moment.

NS2, in my opinion, can do same and more. Of course it doesn't have that "matrix" UI, it's approach of routing is more traditional (sends, groups, subgroups,...) .. But it's audio/midi routing capabilities are very advanced. From desktop world, it can be compared to mixer in Reaper.

We all know you love NS2 ;)

I really tried to love NS2 as a 'sampler' but it always 'forgets' where to save the samples (ie. project or library) and the mandatory 'save a sample before using it' slows things down especially comparing to something like BM3 or Renoise which I use on a daily basis using IDAM to 'sample' the iPad apps.

But back to the OT. It's up to the host to do the audio routing.

• @Samu said:

@dendy said:

@Samu said:

We all know you love NS2 ;)

I really tried to love NS2 as a 'sampler' but it always 'forgets' where to save the samples (ie. project or library) and the mandatory 'save a sample before using it' slows things down especially comparing to something like BM3 or Renoise which I use on a daily basis using IDAM to 'sample' the iPad apps.

Did you already post this as Feature Request on the NS2 forum?
    I can volunteer otherwise.

And, what's IDAM, please?