Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BASSalicious 2.0 Now Available on the AppStore

I know it's taken a while, but we have now been approved for BASSalicious 2.0 for iPad. Thanks everyone for their patience and support during this transition. App development is a labor of love, but we do love this stuff. Remember it's a new version and we hope you guys enjoy.

Introductory Rate of $7.99 and a regular price of $14.99. Please wait for the price to change as I see it is not changed yet. Offer ends on May 7th, 2019.

APPStore Link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bassalicious-2/id1459637872?ls=1&mt=8

Highlights

• 400 Presets.
  • 470 Sounds/Sample Streaming (1.6GB).
  • 14 Analog Modeled Waveforms.
  • 894 Wavetables.
  • Analog Modeled Synthesis with PWM.
  • Wavetable Synthesis with PWM.
  • Warm Table Technology (Analog Warmth and thickness applied to wavetables).
  • 22 Digital Effects.
  • Right+Click/Tap-n-Hold easy assign modulation.
  • Analog modeled multi-mode filters with Ladder filter emulations.
  • Easy search and Favorites for Presets.

iOS Features

• iOS 11+.
  • AUv3 Support with Full View.
  • AAX Support.
  • Background Audio Support.
  • Separate MIDI Channel Selection.
  • MIDI Learn any Parameter.
  • Virtual MIDI.
  • Background Audio.
  • Full 2732 x 2048 HD View.
  • NO AudioBus Support.

NEW in This Version

• 458 Brand New Sounds and 8,315 Samples.
  • 65 NEW Wavetables, including Warm Wavetables.
  • Added new electric and acoustic bass samples as well.
  • Band NEW Easy to Use Preset System with quick saving, Favorites, searching and recall.
  • Ported over Version 1 Presets.
  • Version 1 Presets are 100% compatible.
  • NEW SubHarm module to mangle the subharmonics.
  • NEW Detune module for subtle analog detuning.
  • NEW Feedback module for instant warming and feedback effects.
  • NEW Multimode Ladder filters with added drive effect.
  • NEW EASY Modulation System.
  • NEW Favorites Option to recall favorite presets.
  • New Architecture and Synthesis
  • New easier and flexible Preset System with Fast search, loading, and saving.
  • New Lightening Fast Loading Streaming Engine with Custom Lossless format for better streaming.
  • Brand New optimized and better quality sample-set sampled through high quality analog gear.
  • Warm Wavetable Technology - Custom wavetable algorithm to keep waveforms warm and analog sounding.
  • Modulation System with an easy right+click modulator assignment schema.
  • A VA circuit modeled State Variable Filter, giving a warm analog sound.
  • A Classic Ladder Filter emulation for that classic synth bass filter sound.
  • Ability to Double+Click and select multiple oscillators in which to edit.
  • JP-8000 Supersaw Unison/Detune with blend option to be able to blend between regular and JP-Like detuning.
  • Powered Scale Option - Scales the detuning in a unique and playable ways.
  • The Blend Option allows you to blend between classic mode and JP SuperSaw mode.
  • Brand New FX System.
  • Featuring Overloud's VKFX Suite.
  • New Dattorro's figure-of-eight Algorithmic Reverb.
  • New Schroeder Algorithmic Reverb.
  • New Soft Master Limiter with Tube Saturation.
  • New Stereo Spread/Widener with Safe Bass Multi-Mode Settings.
  • Custom Impulse Responses taken from high quality reverbs.

Comments

• Definitely will take that for a spin.

• Guess I'll have to pass this time, no more room for new BIG apps on my iPad Air 2.

Will wait for the next sale if/when I get a bigger iPad...
    (iOS13 will decide what happens, If the iPad Air 2 is no longer supported I'll get a new one otherwise I'll stick with it).

• Yes 2GB is a biggie.

• @Samu said:
    Guess I'll have to pass this time, no more room for new BIG apps on my iPad Air 2.

Will wait for the next sale if/when I get a bigger iPad...
    (iOS13 will decide what happens, If the iPad Air 2 is no longer supported I'll get a new one otherwise I'll stick with it).

1.6GB is considered big? :smile:

• Yeah...We have decided to keep the apps quality high at the expense of the size. We tried reducing the sizes, but the sounds just don't sound as warm and rich. We know we may be missing out on sales, but we really like having desktop level quality for the iOS devices.

• Can’t wait to hear some tunes from this bass monster... maybe something I will put into my arsenal (4pockets creative pack will wait then ;))

• Yes need to hear it first.

• It's exactly the same as the Desktop -

• If this can be one of the go-to cross-genre bass apps, which covers a plethora of sounds, which I suspect it is, this could be a very useful instrument in the arsenal.

• @GospelMusicians Cheers will check the video out. Are there any future plans to bring Pure Synth Platinum 2 to iOS in the future ? Would love the sounds of that on my iPad.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    It's exactly the same as the Desktop -

Thanks for pointing out sir!
    Will study the video soon. How long is the intro early adopters offer ?

• @david_2017 said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@david_2017 Until the 7th May.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@david_2017 said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@david_2017 Until the 7th May.

Thanks man! 👊🏼

• Ok taken the plunge as liked the first version which I probably won’t get a lot of use now as this has these presets in.

Off the bat is seems more stable than when the first one came out.

One instance in AUM with Antony driving hitting 15 to 17 % percent cpu with 512 buffer set on iPad Pro 9.7 2016.

The layout is dead clean and good full screen all the modulation sources show up in AUM and there is a lot of them over 50 I say !
    Here’s the settings page.

• Increase the number of voices, spread, PWM which is great will push up the CPU usage as expected. Does sound good though pushing it through some of FAC Bandit presets.

• @GospelMusicians said:

1.6GB is considered big? :smile:

Well, I've only got a 64GB iPad Air 2 at the moment and it's running out of space so I need to do some 'housekeeping'.

One thing that struck me and could bring me over the edge was, if there is a possibility to use the 'FX Rack' in BASSalicious 2.0 as an AUv3 Plug-In to process other sounds as well?

On the other hand congrats on the release, hope it does well! :)

• @Jumpercollins Thanks so much for the support. It would be good to check the CPU on the Standalone vs the AUv3. We've gotten very small CPU numbers in standalone and it could be the Hosting may be adding a bit more real-estate than normal.

• Funk yea.
    Luv me sum BASSalicious.
    B)

• edited April 2019

Any world class 808 bass in this?

Full View in GB too or just AUM style?

• CPU percentages don't tell us much.
    Possible maximum number of instances playing a few chords without crackling says much more about its cpu-hogginess ;)

• edited April 2019

@GospelMusicians Oh crap spoke to soon about stability the Spring Reverb wet dry and decay knobs are causing a instant crash when turned using the AU version of BASSalicious 2 inside today’s latest update of AUM. iPad Pro 9.7 2016 latest iOS. Think it’s the decay knob that’s the culprit!

• There’s a spring reverb? Cool!

• I hope this has better preset display then old version. Old version you select a preset and have no idea which one you selected. There is no marking or patch name display on synth to tell you. You have to physically remember what patch you are on.

• edited April 2019

Hi @GospelMusicians , just checking how to proceed for owners of the original Bassalicious app.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27928/bassalicious-coming-with-fixes/p1
    Back then, the understanding was we would get the new engine and the new presets would be an IAP.
    Is that still the case?

• @realdawei said:
    Any world class 808 bass in this?

Full View in GB too or just AUM style?

@realdawei There is a lot of presets and banks can’t see any named 808 mind see photo. SH 101 in there.

Also full screen AU in Cubasis 2. I had to delete GarageBand to fit this on my ipad ! So can’t check. Full screen in BM3 also as AU.

• upgrade or new app for B1 users?

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    I hope this has better preset display then old version. Old version you select a preset and have no idea which one you selected. There is no marking or patch name display on synth to tell you. You have to physically remember what patch you are on.

That bugged me too. But the screenshots of the new version seem to display the current preset prominently at the top of the window.

• @GospelMusicians Also getting instant crashes with the DreamVerb when turning knobs. I think you need to look at the effects engine coding!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @GospelMusicians Also getting instant crashes with the DreamVerb when turning knobs. I think you need to look at the effects engine coding!

Please go to Settings—->Log File and email us the Log files.

Impossible to catch everything, but we will get on it ASAP.

• That bugged me too. But the screenshots of the new version seem to display the current preset prominently at the top of the window.

Much better preset system with a favorites option and searching as well.