Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just killed my phone

I just dropped my new iPhone se into a bucket of acid sanitizer! In and out in a matter of seconds but I fear it is gone. I have no rice and can't leave to get any soooo, any advice? I have wrapped in a nice warm towel. 😩

Comments

• Switch it off, leave it to dry for 2 to 3 days!
    Other than that - i saw phones still working that got drained longer than that few seconds.
    Good luck - and stand that test of time for these 3 days!

• Unfortunately I couldn't get it to turn off. It had crazy bars and patterns that were moving around.
    Actually just went to try and turn it off again and it went to the home screen, still looked a little weird but I did get it to power down. Yay! Now I wait. Thanks for the advice.

@MrBlaschke said:
    Switch it off, leave it to dry for 2 to 3 days!
    Other than that - i saw phones still working that got drained longer than that few seconds.
    Good luck - and stand that test of time for these 3 days!

• What phone was it? Most new phones can survive being dunked in liquid, except for the iPhone SE.

• Guess it was an SE

I just dropped my new iPhone se into a bucket...

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Guess it was an SE

Ah yes. There's still hope though, if it dries out for a couple of days. The weak point is the headphone jack...

• I know it's a sad loss, but by throwing your phone into ACID instead of just water like "ordinary" phonethrowers, you definitely took it to the next level 😭

• edited April 2019

We seem to be discussing this normally when this very alarming fact has gone virtually unremarked....

@Bootsy said:
    I just dropped my new iPhone se into a bucket of acid sanitizer!

• Yeah it is/was an se. My first iPhone ever. I bought it because of the headphone jack but that may end up being death of it. 🧐

@richardyot said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    Guess it was an SE

Ah yes. There's still hope though, if it dries out for a couple of days. The weak point is the headphone jack...

• edited April 2019

I agree it might be possible to save it. If you can get a bag of uncooked rice to put it in, that may help. The most important thing is to power it off and leave it alone for at least 3 full days. Don’t fall in to the temptation to turn it on to see if maybe it is OK.

• Well the acid is pretty dilute, I stick my bare hands in it often. So there may still be hope. Lol

@SevenSystems said:
    I know it's a sad loss, but by throwing your phone into ACID instead of just water like "ordinary" phonethrowers, you definitely took it to the next level 😭

@ExAsperis99 said:
    We seem to be discussing this normally when this very alarming fact has gone virtually unremarked....

@Bootsy said:
    I just dropped my new iPhone se into a bucket of acid sanitizer!

• My 13 year old son dropped his SE into a river. He left it in rice overnight and when it had dried out he turned it back on. Everything was OK except there was no sound - but after plugging and unplugging a pair of headphones the sound came back and it all works fine now.

• @Bootsy that rice is gonna cook in acid dude..but fingers crossed though hope it gets sorted.

• Don’t eat the rice afterwards...

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

The Rice idea has been debunked. People thought it would soak up moisture.
    Any fluid that doesn't have chemicals that are conductive like "salts" will dry without
    damage electronics.

People that treat phones for these events do the following:

never turn it on which allows circuits to short and burn transistors out

they flush the phone out with pure H20 which does NOT conduct water which is why
    many phones dry out and people think the rice saved it... it was just evaporation
    of the H20

If you're liquid conducts electricity then it's probably not coming back but the only way to find out is to clean it out and not let salts dry on the chips. Actually flush it out with
    pure water might be a good idea if the liquid has conductive properties

they also put the phone in a machine to vibrate away the salts in a pure water bath

then the pros will put the phone in a vacuum to speed evaporation and get the phone
    back into service as soon as possible

NEVER USE ANYTHING THAT ADDS POWDER TO THE PHONE. Rice is a really bad idea.
    Those packets that absorb moisture don't speed evaporation they just hold moisture in a closed system. So, not much help here.

Wait as long as you can tolerate and try to turn it on. If it comes up and the screen
    flashes you have shorts in the electronics. Turn it off and wash it again in pure water
    without "electrolytes".

Good luck. Probably be a couple days to dry. A cool hair dryer can help and those
    aerosole cans of air to blow out dust help too. If you want I'll find a definitive link to the
    folks that do this and offer this advice about salts and such and NO RICE.

• What about couscous?

• Air... blow air through it. Clean air. Warm maybe to speed up drying but not to remove
    liquid and leave any salts (electrolytes). For electrolytes it actually need a clean bath to wash them out. Don;t take my word for it. Google it.

This one stresses "dry and pray"...
    https://blog.puls.com/how-to-fix-wet-iphone

This stresses no rice...
    https://www.imore.com/how-fix-your-liquid-damaged-iphone-ipad-airpods-or-mac

SO MANY TALK ABOUT RICE AND SILICON GEL. Think about electrons and controlling them.

The liquid in your situation would send me to the sink to get that shit out fast before
    the atoms do that exchange of electrons thing and leave new circuit paths in the phone.

• Go to a pro. At least he will keep it out of your hands for a few days. And you may want to visit a pro while you wait. That would be soothing and distracting.

Very sorry, however, as you say it is your first phone and is a costly situation. No warranty help?

• Ask the Pro what their process is too. Many just buy bags of rice because it's the most popular guidance. You won't find bags of rice in any electronics manufacturing facility.
    Just ari filters and lots of air jets to clean off surfaces.

• Hmm, well for people who live in humid climates without constant air conditioning, a sealed bin of rice can actually help dry out electronics. I’ll stick with my YES RICE advice for those people.
    [I haven’t seen the research but I imagine those who debunked the rice idea are probably comparing a dry climate controlled room to a bag of rice... and in that environment I’ll agree with the NO RICE advice.]

I would also recommend a NO FLUSH with water advice. (For most people)

A water bath/flush would only be an option if you have the skill to open your phone and remove the battery. Then yeah go for it. Wash it and let it dry.

• SE out of luck.

Insurance?

• isn't 3 days the same time frame you're supposed to wait to call a girl after your first date..

thank you @McD for the links and advice..i read them and feel i better just let it dry and pray for the 3 days. shouldn't be to hard as i use my iPad more, my phone use as a phone is minimal.

thanks to everyone else as well for your concerns and advice.. it's just an iPhone se that i bought new from tracfone on sale for 160 dollars. not that i want to waste 160 bucks but at least it's not a 1000 dollar X. not sure on the warranty thing.. i'll just wait it out and if it shot, tracefone has the 6 on sale now for 175... or the 6s for 224.. and the se is pretty small.

cheers all!

• @Hmtx said:
    Hmm, well for people who live in humid climates without constant air conditioning, a sealed bin of rice can actually help dry out electronics. I’ll stick with my YES RICE advice for those people.
    [I haven’t seen the research but I imagine those who debunked the rice idea are probably comparing a dry climate controlled room to a bag of rice... and in that environment I’ll agree with the NO RICE advice.]

I would also recommend a NO FLUSH with water advice. (For most people)

A water bath/flush would only be an option if you have the skill to open your phone and remove the battery. Then yeah go for it. Wash it and let it dry.

I have dropped mine in:

1. a swimming pool - drying it out was OK. I didn't know about the possibility to clean out the chlorine but it came back up wasn't ever the same. The battery took a hit I suspect but still held a charge. I used rice to dry.

2. a toilet - washing it out and it came back after 24 hours using the cool hair dryer while crying (no backups). Without the rinse I'm sure the chemical mix of fluids and solid matter would have made it a brick. I had to change it's odor as well. Wash your hands before serving food.

3. a KOI pond - a very deep KOI pond - good times. Makes a nice prop for stage plays after everyone checks it out and determines it's a perfect prop iPhone. Wash your whole body and clothes before going to a nice restaurant. Fish use their atmosphere as a toilet. Chips?

• @Bootsy said:
    thanks to everyone else as well for your concerns and advice.. it's just an iPhone se that i bought new from tracfone on sale for 160 dollars. not that i want to waste 160 bucks but at least it's not a 1000 dollar X.

This is probably the primary reason I have never actually considered any of the newly released iPhones each year. My enjoyment of my iPhone is much more satisfying just knowing that it is not worth all that much and would not be too hard to replace if I have an incident with the toilet or the sidewalk.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very sorry, however, as you say it is your first phone and is a costly situation. No warranty help?

I’m pretty sure no electronic company would cover water damage under warranty. Otherwise people would start submerging their products when they wanted new ones.