Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Glytch (Scythe Synth ambient)

edited April 2019 in Creations

Glitchy ambient (WIP)

Created with Scythe Synthesizer.

Comments

• I like the choral voice a lot, Edward. I got Scythe, now even more interested. Thanks for posting!

• Nice, really like it!

• edited April 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    I like the choral voice a lot, Edward. I got Scythe, now even more interested. Thanks for posting!

Thanks!

The choral sound is a wavetable generated from a vocal sample of my 10-year-old son)

• @espiegel123 said:

Thanks!

The choral sound is a wavetable generated from a vocal sample of my 10-year-old son)

I would be interested in knowing more about how you did that.

• @cian said:

@espiegel123 said:

Thanks!

I would be interested in knowing more about how you did that.

There is a speaker icon in the column of tools to the right of the wavetable display in Scythe. Tap that button to import audio from AudioShare. When you do that, Scythe creates a wavetable from the imported audio. Depending on the audio's spectral content, somewhere between about 1 and 3 seconds of the audio gets used.

I keep a folder in AudioShare where I stick snippets of things that I want to try out as wavetable sources.

The other preset was created from another wavetable created by importing audio. In that case, it was an audio file in which I copy/pasted together various single cycle waveforms in TwistedWave. That glitchy sound is made up of square, sine and triangle waves hacked together in odd ways. (The single-cycle waves were at about 220 Hz.)

• Cool. I'm going to get my kids to do some singing this weekend.