Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DefleMask by Leonardo Demartino

2»

Comments

• I've had this blackout-crash once so far and noticed the app was still 'zombie' active in the background so I swiped it offscreen, relaunched and have been fine ever since. No re-install or reboot needed here. I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with the default Tutorial load(?) which comes right after the splash page song / intro on first open.

• @Proppa said:
    I've had this blackout-crash once so far and noticed the app was still 'zombie' active in the background so I swiped it offscreen, relaunched and have been fine ever since. No re-install or reboot needed here. I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with the default Tutorial load(?) which comes right after the splash page song / intro on first open.

I’ve tried swiping off screen, restarting, reinstalling, but no luck.

Are you using an iPad Pro 12.9”?

• @busker said:

Are you using an iPad Pro 12.9”?

iPad 12.9" 2015 iOS11.3.1

The fact that three of us here had the same crash is definitely an indication that there's a bug of some sort. I just relaunched DefleMask now to see if it'd freeze again but it launched fine. @Littlewoodg have you had any launch-crashing so far?

No idea if this is relevant but for "voodoo's sake" after my crash and zombie-swipe I launched DefleMask with the iPad in portrait mode and it's worked fine ever since.

• I’ll try to restart it intentionally in portrait mode when I get the chance back home. At work now. Seemed like it would start just fine when I first got it but nothing.

• @Proppa said:
    No idea if this is relevant but for "voodoo's sake" after my crash and zombie-swipe I launched DefleMask with the iPad in portrait mode and it's worked fine ever since.

Your Juju is strong, that was it!

A restart in portrait mode didn’t work, but after reinstalling and making sure it was in portrait for first launch it started up properly. I think your guess about the initial tutorial causing the issue is correct, as once I finished the tutorial I can now start in portrait or landscape with no problem.

Obviously a bug that needs fixing, but the workaround is fine for now.
    Thanks for the tip!

• edited April 2019

@Proppa

Only issues with iPad 10.5-

Sample channel in Genesis doesn’t load samples (which I’m not sure it’s supposed to, or I’m doing it wrong) though Arcade loads samples

And share button crashes the app-
    Which I think is due to my hugely bloated Files app...

• Just tried it intentionally in portrait mode. Same thing happened with the black screen. Looks until they fix it skipping the tutorial may trigger the bug making it unusable.

On the other hand, the same bug doesn’t seem to happen on the phone. I can skip the tutorial at will and not trigger it.

• Deleted and reloaded DefleMask on the iPad Pro (12.5) and the tutorial automatically starts. You can see the hand icon in the middle of the screen and the GUI auto resizes itself (I guess to make sure it fits correctly on the device).
    It lasts only a moment before the screen goes black. Didn’t touch the device at any time to skip the tutorial.

However, I was just about to post the above when I restarted the device and then started the app again in portrait mode (didn’t realize I was in landscape). The screen stayed black until the music ended. Then the tutorial popped up onscreen out of nowhere.

• In terms of the tutorial-
    It can be shut off in Options -

• I’m having the same issues, though intermittently. Also issues with .wav export. Deflemask will export inconsistently. When it manages export, the file type is a .txt. Tried changing the .txt file extension to .wav with no success. So, IME there isn’t a way to get audio out of deflemask at the moment

iOS 12.2 on iPhone 5s, iPhone se, iPad 5th gen.

Reported the issues discussed on the forum to L. Demartino and the export issue was acknowledged. A few weeks before an update.

If we all contact him with the issues, maybe the update will be expedited.

http://delek.net/

• Good call @frond and the direct line is: [email protected] (hoping it's okay to post email contacts here)

@Littlewoodg I'm not sure the serial-crashers have the opportunity to turn that tutorial off and believe it only plays once unless a user invokes that menu button you showed above to play again.

It's a little strange that one can't watch the tutorial at any time rather than only at startups and further borked by the fact that the tutorial may be what's freezing app launch for some.

• Quick response from developer:
    "Hello! We are working to fix the issue and an update will arrive the AppStore soon. Hopefully you guys found a workaround to overcome the bug."

• Wow, I missed this one. Having a blast and its user friendly. Super authentic sounds to me... cheers!

• Wow, I missed this one. Having a blast and its user friendly. Super authentic sounds to me... cheers!

• Where is the hype on this?! This has every game system and is so authentic you could theoretically send the data to the genesis and play it on the hardware. Now I will likely never do that but so far this sounds so great for chip and even more!
    IS it because its standalone and not even audiobus or aU or all that>?

• I may end up getting this for iOS as the the current build fails to run on macOS Catalina...

• I think that a lot of people said it was buggy when it came out and he never released an update.

• edited October 2019

@rezidue said:
    I think that a lot of people said it was buggy when it came out and he never released an update.

Yes, there was an issue with the initial tutorial giving a black screen at the beginning making it impossible to enter the app. There is a workaround though (that only needs to be done once).

Besides that, the app works fine for the most part, although the interface can be a bit fiddly.

Surprised there hasn't been an update since release though.

• No issues, ultra cool

• @Littlewoodg
    @busker
    @oceansinspace

Have any of you had luck exporting audio ? Whenever I attempt a .wav export deflemask crashes.

This has been the main issue since it’s release.

I’ve been in contact with the developer a number of times. The developers response Is always ‘there is an update coming in a week or two’. It’s been six months since it’s release.

• I have not exported yet. I will see tho as pushing play and manually syncing is weak.
    I am just learning the genesis synth and using a yourock midi guitar and just playing and editing tones. Peace

• edited October 2019

DefleMask Mobile 0.13.2 released thanks to your awesome feedback!

New version! So what's new?:

• You will never lose what you were doing. DefleMask will save the module and restore it on startup automatically.
    • Files support on iOS! Open, share, move modules, organize your instruments, samples and wavetables!
    • Fixed a crash while sharing files on some devices.
    • Fixed a sudden black screen that was preventing some users to use the app.
    • Fixed NES performance, now works fast as light.
    • 32 and 64 bits devices support.
    • Note Off input now writes to the patterns if you have record mode turned on.
    • Corrected a ram length issue with the ROM exporter.
    • Now you can delete "C" notes too in the selection area.
    • Fixed an issue while calibrating the UI while in BView mode.
    • The playback floating menu disappeared sometimes when exiting the file menu, this is fixed too.
    • Fixed a bug while editing the macros in the instrument editor.
    • Better UI organization.
    • Fixed a bug that was, in some cases, preventing the tutorial to continue.
    • Fixed link to the Discord server.
    • Many minor bugs were fixed too.

Defle iOS users, your 0.13.1 files are in "Library/Application Support/delek/deflemask/". Defle 0.13.2 and above use "Documents" folder to achieve a better integration with Files app and iOS system.

iOS
    https://itunes.apple.com/ar/app/deflemask/id1390797126?l=en&mt=8
    Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deflemask.mobile

• @Delek said:
    DefleMask Mobile 0.13.2 released thanks to your awesome feedback!

New version! So what's new?:

• You will never lose what you were doing. DefleMask will save the module and restore it on startup automatically.
    • Files support on iOS! Open, share, move modules, organize your instruments, samples and wavetables!
    • Fixed a crash while sharing files on some devices.
    • Fixed a sudden black screen that was preventing some users to use the app.
    • Fixed NES performance, now works fast as light.
    • 32 and 64 bits devices support.
    • Note Off input now writes to the patterns if you have record mode turned on.
    • Corrected a ram length issue with the ROM exporter.
    • Now you can delete "C" notes too in the selection area.
    • Fixed an issue while calibrating the UI while in BView mode.
    • The playback floating menu disappeared sometimes when exiting the file menu, this is fixed too.
    • Fixed a bug while editing the macros in the instrument editor.
    • Better UI organization.
    • Fixed a bug that was, in some cases, preventing the tutorial to continue.
    • Fixed link to the Discord server.
    • Many minor bugs were fixed too.

Defle iOS users, your 0.13.1 files are in "Library/Application Support/delek/deflemask/". Defle 0.13.2 and above use "Documents" folder to achieve a better integration with Files app and iOS system.

iOS
    https://itunes.apple.com/ar/app/deflemask/id1390797126?l=en&mt=8
    Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deflemask.mobile

Glad you posted this and so glad to see update. When the update first went live I meant to put something up here, but the app is so cool I just started using it, instead of writing about it.

• Great stuff, happy to see this getting further support as it’s definitely a nifty program for us chiptune enthusiasts. Autosave and Files support are welcome additions, and hopefully most of the initial bugs have been squashed as well.

I’m 100% iPad for music so this keeps me happy (along with SidTracker64, Squaresynth and Kamata).

• am i lost? can’t find midi au/iaa on this one? anyone pls?

• @jollyDodger said:
    am i lost? can’t find midi au/iaa on this one? anyone pls?

No AU/iaa that I’m aware of. There may be midi out from the tracker portion, but I’ve never tested it. Having the audio chips respond to midi would be incredible.

Maybe @Delek will clarify regarding midi.

Deflemask is working well otherwise. Thank you for fixing the issues Delek.

• It does have MIDI input, so you can connect a MIDI keyboard. Also you can connect QWERTY keyboards to use Copy, Paste, Transpose, and all of the keyboard shortcuts of the PC version in the mobile version.

Oh and another thing... do you guys know a user named "jack splash"? He left a 1 star review in the AppStore because of the already fixed bug of the black screen at the startup on iPads. If you know him please let him know that I replied to his review and fixed the bug.

• @Delek said:
    Oh and another thing... do you guys know a user named "jack splash"? He left a 1 star review in the AppStore because of the already fixed bug of the black screen at the startup on iPads. If you know him please let him know that I replied to his review and fixed the bug.

Doesn't seem like the kind of behavior of one of the regulars. But hope someone knows him

• Anyone recently used it? I see updates have been made