Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband ios multitrack audiobus recording

Hello

Is it possible to setup multitrack recording in garageband such that each track is recording from a different Audiobus channel? If so how would I go about setting this up?

Thank you!

Comments

• I don’t actually know the answer to this - but can you clarify one thing: When you say multitrack recording, are you asking about multiple audio channels from an external multichannel audio device, or about multiple iOS app plugins, or a combination?

• @wim said:
    I don’t actually know the answer to this - but can you clarify one thing: When you say multitrack recording, are you asking about multiple audio channels from an external multichannel audio device, or about multiple iOS app plugins, or a combination?

Thanks for your quick reply~ I am speaking about routing audio from multiple apps such as audiobus and AUM

• Do you know that you can host AU and IAA apps (including AUM) directly in GarageBand? Also, there is an advanced setting in Garageband for multi-track recording. Is there a reason why you need to do it externally?

• edited April 2019

@wim said:
    Do you know that you can host AU and IAA apps (including AUM) directly in GarageBand? Also, there is an advanced setting in Garageband for multi-track recording. Is there a reason why you need to do it externally?

Thank you for pointing this out. I know that I can host these instruments as IAA/ AUV3 directly in garageband however I have a complex midi/ audio routing that cannot be done directly in garageband

I am trying to pipe everything back into garageband via audiobus busses however I would like to maintain the separate channels while recording instead of mixing everything down.

Is anyone aware of a way to achieve this?

Thanks!!

• I’m sorry, I don’t know how to do this. I tried with AUM and failed.

• It might be easier just to record each audio channel in AUM and then import into GarageBand. With files app support this should be pretty easy. if you need to hear other tracks in GarageBand as you play, you can always load GarageBand into Audiobus.

• edited April 2019

I'm pretty sure you cannot record from AUM into garage band via the same iPad... Maybe you could set your iPad to record into your iPhone via an audio interface but I think that's the only way

• edited April 2019

No that don’t works with multiple channels at the same time. But you can record AUM as IAA in GarageBand:

For Audiobus, you don’t have to select special input/output, just select an audio input in GB and it will record from AB.