Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro workflow and midi routing.

I just picked up Gestrument Pro during the Easter sale and I’m loving it so far. I’m wanting to create some quick playable backing tracks for longer narrated videos without the hassle of finding and cutting together royalty free background music. After a day or two of playing and reading through the manual I’ve started to grasp how to use this wonderful instrument and it is really amazing stuff. I’m actually really enjoying the internal sounds it comes with too.

I’m wondering how best to connect this workflow with some of my other apps and whether some of you have come up with some ingenious methods. Gestrument is definitely geared towards performance but I’m finding it can be a bit tricky to juggle all the instruments live at once (without just creating loops). How would you layer up performances? Record in AUM and then play Gestrument over the recording on another layer?

Also any advice with midi routing would be great. I’m not sure how to send the separate nodes to different AU synths in AUM. I just end up getting every node sending signals to the same sound source... I suck at midi routing. 😝

Comments

• In Gestrument Pro, you can set the Midi Out channel for each instrument. It is the last setting, at the bottom of the Instrument edit panel.

In AUM, instruments receive Midi input on all channels by default. You need to isolate just the channel you want to receive on. Open the track routing panel and select ‘none’ to turn off all midi channels, then activate just then channel you want to receive on.

• @CracklePot said:
    In Gestrument Pro, you can set the Midi Out channel for each instrument. It is the last setting, at the bottom of the Instrument edit panel.

In AUM, instruments receive Midi input on all channels by default. You need to isolate just the channel you want to receive on. Open the track routing panel and select ‘none’ to turn off all midi channels, then activate just then channel you want to receive on.
    ![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/gm/87t59p8r1as5.jpeg

That works perfectly, thanks so much @CracklePot !!

• You’re welcome.
    :)