Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS synth sample pack by audiobus forum users

I have been on a mission to condense and explore.

I constantly find myself sampling all my favorite iOS synths into audioshare. Than trim or edit them as needed.

I generally record a “C3” note so things are uniform.

16 bit mono wavs

Examples:

Mitosynth Creeper Pad
Kauldron Hollow Bass
IVCS3 Bubble FX

I think it would be fun to each record a handful of our favorite “C3’s” from IOS only synths and than combine them all and make a Dropbox for the forum to download.

Comments

• I dig this! Maybe hard to organize but if someone is willing we could create an epic sample collection

• My thoughts exactly. My vision is a buffet of everyone’s favorite patches we’ve made or came across.

A collaborative and Epic sample pack made by our beloved apple machines

• I don’t quite get the idea behind only on C3. When I think of the Salamander piano there are like thousand samples...

• I think it’s a great idea. Like a showreel of ios synths. Ill contribute.

I would try the samples out in Elastic Drums first, it’s a killer sample player.

Sunrizer, Synthmaster One and Synthmaster player have some of my favorite presents. It will be interesting which ios synth gets the most posts.

• edited April 2019

C3 doesn’t really mean a lot.

• What do you do with the samples? Would it harm the developer?

I've been sampling all my AU Synths using SynthJacker but I would never pass them around and consider that a fair use of the product. But if someone offered me sampled instruments I'd probably just use them and live with the guilt.

It's a complex ethical question for everyone to manage in their own way but there are also consequences to consider.

I love libraries for example and would just wait for the best sellers. I used to borrow and record tapes from popular records. If the door is open I'll cross that line because I have a massive appetite for media and a limited amount to invest. Is it stealing? Many artists certainly think so and of course the industries do.

So, I'll consume but can't in all good conscience contribute. If a sample shows me value I'd probably buy a standout synth so the case could be made to the developer and permission could be granted to sample and share "C3" for example before putting up a public download site. Maybe the develops would provide licensed C3's with expressed terms of use.

I'm human. If it's freely available I'll consume it. If I have to buy it I'll choose wisely using @thesoundtestroom and others as my reviewers.

• I didn’t think it would create any issues. If anything it would get people interested in buying the app.

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

I see absolutely no problem, nor any threat to developers. I can’t imagine anyone not buying a synth, which has infinite capabilities beyond a few samples of it. And I also would not feel there is any even slight legal or moral issue with passing along something that I produce with an instrument I purchased (well, technically, licensed). Unless there’s something specific in the license agreement prohibiting me passing along my work. In which case, I would NOT purchase it in the first place.

That’s just way over the top, misplaced guilt. IMO.

As for the idea, I think it’s a great one. I wouldn’t make use of it, being too much of a purist, and not minding at all the CPU hit for having the whole app at my disposal. But for those into sampling and minimal processing hit, it’s a nice idea.

(The Linn drum machine samples are an example of something prohibited from re-distributing, I believe. Distributing factory samples direct from a sample based instrument would be another in most cases.)

• A lot of synths will be purchased as a result. It will be fun to see everyone’s favorites and hidden gems

• I own about every synth worth getting in this folder...

I have a bunch of crazy and phenomenal samples built up this way.

• Looks like there's no developer harm but a benefit.

What do you do with these samples? Use them to decide which app to grab and a specific preset? Or if you don't own it... go and buy it?

Am I close?

• Labeling more for the sake of ease of use digging through your collection.

I mostly use mine as food for samplers!

Electribes, Casio sk1, tape loops, Kaoss pad 3, or mangle within the auv3 world

Everyone has drum samples and they are great for making beats, but samples of unique cool favorites all “c3” more along the lines of pads, basses, leads, etc featuring iOS only synths would be a cool concept.

I had an idea to use a different iOS synth sample on each of the Electribe 2’s pads.

So that would be 16 pads each playing different melodies or notes

Lately I’ve been using it with multi timbral synths which is a whole other insane topic... but I don’t want to derail

It can benefit those of you who use gadgets sampler or any sampler for that matter.

Also it’s interesting for soundscapes using drum machines that eat samples.

Grooverider. Is a beast with samples

I resample interesting samples in FieldScaper or stack up multiple Fx and re record

The sky is the limit

• @stuck80s said:
    Labeling more for the sake of ease of use digging through your collection.

OK. I'll wait to see what the samples are like and contribute.