Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPulsaret is now AU

This is the kind of app that has so much potential...thanks dev for the (free) upgrade

Comments

• @cuscolima said:
    This is the kind of app that has so much potential...thanks dev for the (free) upgrade

Great news! Thanks :)

• Marvellous, just picked up apeDelay as a Thank You.

• Ooooooh. So much niceness for the experimental one :smile:
    Enjoying it with a Cello atm.

• Thanks for the tip! Great app for ambient music and to use with my You Rock MiDi guitar

• Great to see this as an AU, look forward to Stria next :)

• Rejoice...!!! Even the FX of iPulsaret is now AU 💪🏼 Graziemille Allessandro!!!

• Take iPulsaret for a ride as AU fx. After you load it as an effect and have input set as LIVE, then use iPulsaret's keyboard for the fx.

I like to either latch a few keys, or send some notes to it from another sequencer.

Out of this world!

Thanks mucho for this Alessandro!!!

• Haven’t got this, would be good to see/hear a few recent demos.

• A dumb question: How is this different from iDensity?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    A dumb question: How is this different from iDensity?

I'm trying to work out how it's different from Stria...

• Of the three (iPulsaret, iDensity and Stria) this is the one I got on with the best. In fact, this is the granular synth I've had the most fun messing with. Can't make anything musical with it but it's so much fun I don't even try!

• @Daveypoo said:
    Of the three (iPulsaret, iDensity and Stria) this is the one I got on with the best. In fact, this is the granular synth I've had the most fun messing with. Can't make anything musical with it but it's so much fun I don't even try!

Have you got anything online we can listen to Dave? I find Stria a bit frustrating as I can only seem to get pops and squeaks out of it.

• edited April 2019

@MonzoPro

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1llcva0vewmd8x/iPulsaret presets.wav?dl=0

Just for you, in a nice neat little package. I ran through the presets I created. Be careful - the levels jump wildly from preset to preset, but I did this quickly so you could hear the sounds that a very non-granular dude can wrangle from this bad boy.

Wow, just listening to these has made me want to dive back in...

• @Daveypoo said:
    @MonzoPro

Just for you, in a nice neat little package. I ran through the presets I created. Be careful - the levels jump wildly from preset to preset, but I did this quickly so you could hear the sounds that a very non-granular dude can wrangle from this bad boy.

Aw lovely, thanks Dave, I'll have a listen :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Daveypoo said:
    @MonzoPro

I'm interested to know your thoughts, especially as this kinda thing is much more your wheelhouse than mine...

• @Daveypoo said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Daveypoo said:
    @MonzoPro

I'm interested to know your thoughts, especially as this kinda thing is much more your wheelhouse than mine...

Actually some of these do sound a bit like Stria (the squeaky rubbery ones), there's a couple though that sound more musical - I particularly like the one starting at 2.34.

Yeah, I do inhabit the weirder edges of the iOS Universe, but I struggle a bit with Stria to make anything usable from it, but if that one goes AU too, then running a few at once would make things more interesting. iDensity I love though, that's a great app.

I think if iPulsaret goes on sale I might give it a twirl.

• Over the moon!

I was close to sending apesoft a begging email recently, thankfully no need!

IPulsaret is amazing, one of my favourite synths let alone iOS synth. You absolutely can make it pretty and accessible but the fun is taking those patches and melting them into glitches.

Stria next would make my summer.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    A dumb question: How is this different from iDensity?

I'm trying to work out how it's different from Stria...

Stria is an FM synth that also has wavetables. IDensity and iPulsaret use granular synthesis.

• Does iPulsaret let you load samples the way iDensity does?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Does iPulsaret let you load samples the way iDensity does?

Yes.

• I can’t believe he didn’t at least raise the price on this. For what it’s capable of, I think he should’ve bumped the price up to $11.99. Major update including AUv3, fx and mFx. He didn’t even charge an IAP. Probably his most powerful synth.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019

@Max23 said:
    ipulsaret makes the most lovely pad sounds on iOS (besides all the noise and fx sounds)
    (if you know what you are doing)

There's a random patch function (if you don't know what you're doing). 🤷

Nice that the AU plugin can load samples directly from the Files App.

• Is this a sale price or regular?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is this a sale price or regular?

It’s the regular price, but it’s been at that same price for a couple years or so, and he chose not to raise the price for the AUv3 update OR charge an IAP. I thought he should’ve and it’d be more than justified IMO but he wanted to keep it where it’s been and a free update.

To me, this is a cool granular synth AND a very cool effect plugin.

• @Max23 said:
    yay <3 <3 <3
    lets fly away B) <3

@MonzoPro

stria - the name hints at this ;)
    (inventor of digital fm)
    not my cup of tea either

ipulsaret makes the most lovely pad sounds on iOS (besides all the noise and fx sounds)
    (if you know what you are doing)
    that's why I love it so much <3
    make instant ambient drama in no time and play it on the keyboard
    now as Au = fire on all slots, yay
    all (!!!) kinds of granular time domain stuff available (FM (and lfos to everything(!!!) on top, apesoft style)) <3
    entertainment for years
    I can amuse myself to death with it B)
    someone should upload a good demo, I am to lazy to do that

if you think ah I have so many granular tools why get this you are really missing something
    way to cheap for what it does
    and its been supported for so many years now free au update
    dont miss this one if you love sound

lol, Im beginning to sound like a salesman so I stop here

Thanks Max!

Yeah this sounds much more like my cup of tea, I do like an evolving ambient pad....will investigate further!

• A iOS general music question here but seems to apply to ape apps, what’s the difference between Mfx and FX when loading this any other Ape apps into the effects slot of AUM , ApeMatrix ?

• Yeah it's a great synth and I'll use it even more now. I have it on desktop too. :)
    It's really interesting for soundscapes and import your own samples and you can make this sound really orchestral and big.

@Jumpercollins said:
    A iOS general music question here but seems to apply to ape apps, what’s the difference between Mfx and FX when loading this any other Ape apps into the effects slot of AUM , ApeMatrix ?

MFX means midi controlled Audio AUfx, so has midi input. So just Audio fx can't receive midi in etc.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah it's a great synth and I'll use it even more now. I have it on desktop too. :)
    It's really interesting for soundscapes and import your own samples and you can make this sound really orchestral and big.

@Jumpercollins said:
    A iOS general music question here but seems to apply to ape apps, what’s the difference between Mfx and FX when loading this any other Ape apps into the effects slot of AUM , ApeMatrix ?

MFX means midi controlled Audio AUfx, so has midi input. So just Audio fx can't receive midi in etc.

@Carnbot Ok thanks for that makes sense.

• edited April 2019

I'm confused here. After loading ipulsaret as an FX in Aum, is there any way to route the midi keyboard to it? Ipulsaret only appears as a destination as an instrument, not in the FX slot.

I can access the ipulsaret built in keyboard just fine, but that's play by hand only, no midi access.

Help a brother out? This is my #1 iOS app.

Edit: I read 80% of the thread and posted before reading the response directly above mine. I had it loaded as a regular Fx, rather than MFx (which I though was multi FX lol). Problem solved!