Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Masterclass with Prince Fatty (Mad Professor / J Dilla)

I really enjoyed this.

Comments

• Really enjoyed that… Thanks

• Jesus that's good. First time I've sat still for half hour in a month :) Thanks GG.

• Oh I cannot wait to watch this.

• The pre delay tip is killer

• All very useful stuff. Thanka

Off to change the skin on my bass drum! :)

• @supadom said:
    All very useful stuff. Thanka

Off to change the skin on my bass drum! :)

Hey, always good to have skin in the game Mister :) (And that was a good tip....)

• edited April 2019

Like!
    i’m off to rootle in my Orphan Sock Drawer asap..

• Highly recommend this book if you want to research the Jamaican pioneers a little deeper. It's a little dry and scholarly in terms of delivery, but there's no finer book documenting the originators, the technologies they used and the techniques they pioneered that continue to have a huge influence today.

Ace recommended listening appendix too, broken down by recording engineer/producer.

Amazon Link - various formats

• Nice one @jonmoore.

I can recommend this book as well for the UK take on all things reggae. Killer CD of tunes as well.

• Thanks @gusgranite hadn't come across Tighten Up!

I'm a West London boy and over the years spent a fair bit of cash at Dub Vendor on Ladbroke Groove. Much of it was on homegrown tunes. Dennis Bovell was a particular favourite UK producer of mine as he was just as instrumental in the 80s post-punk scene as he was for with lovers rock releases and such like. Happy times!

• @jonmoore I spent a lot of time at Dub Vendor as well. I worked in Soho though so Berwick St was my daily haunt. I used to go digging every lunchtime to grab the promos.

• @jonmoore said:
    Thanks @gusgranite hadn't come across Tighten Up!

I'm a West London boy and over the years spent a fair bit of cash at Dub Vendor on Ladbroke Groove. Much of it was on homegrown tunes. Dennis Bovell was a particular favourite UK producer of mine as he was just as instrumental in the 80s post-punk scene as he was for with lovers rock releases and such like. Happy times!

Far flung though we may be at this point, I think we should consider some sort of West-London-by-birth AB Merch. A small but troublesome subset :)

• I remember chasing all over London for this Ernest Ranglin LP https://www.discogs.com/Ernest-Ranglin-From-Kingston-JA-To-Miami-USA/release/2651297

Soho didn't have it, neither did Dub Vendor or the stores in Brixton. One of the record shops gave me a phone number though. 20 quid from a guy in Stokey. It was a different hunt in those days. :smiley:

• @gusgranite said:

Soho didn't have it, neither did Dub Vendor or the stores in Brixton. One of the record shops gave me a phone number though. 20 quid from a guy in Stokey. It was a different hunt in those days. :smiley:

Stokey, East London's very own haunt of the trustafarian. ;)

• @gusgranite said:
    I remember chasing all over London for this Ernest Ranglin LP https://www.discogs.com/Ernest-Ranglin-From-Kingston-JA-To-Miami-USA/release/2651297

C'mon: 20 quid from a guy in Stokey. Great last line to a song you just haven't written yet...