Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Polysix Fat line bass

Would anyone be so kind to help me out with a Korg Polysix “fat line” bass preset sample.

I use to own a polysix and miss the first factory preset. ALOT

I’m needing a c3 sample for sample food.

Thankyou friends !!

Comments

• I only use iPhone, but if someone could send me some wavs of the iPad app polysix fat line bass I’ll love you forever

• I’d love that too!

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

I don’t see that preset among the factory patches for the iPad app.

• thanks for checking wim.

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

Close?

I recreated the patch as close as I could from the screen-shot.

• @rs2000 said:

Nice one, that picture also shows what the iPad version is missing, the two slots for external modulation :)

• @Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Nice one, that picture also shows what the iPad version is missing, the two slots for external modulation :)

Non Intentional hi Jack.... But ...Hey since you brought it up 😆
    Model d has an external input knob.... But how do you send something to that...?

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@reasOne said:
    Model d has an external input knob.... But how do you send something to that...?

It’s not really an external input. It feeds the output into the mixer, which can introduce overdrive.

External Input Volume
    Just as on the Minimoog Model D hardware synthesizer, the Main Audio Output of the Minimoog Model D App is attenuated slightly, and then sent back to the External Input of the Mixer. By increasing the EXTERNAL INPUT VOLUME knob setting far enough, the Mixer will overload, introducing varying levels of overdrive or distortion. When this occurs, the Overload indicator lamp will illuminate.

• @wim said:

@reasOne said:

It’s not really an external input. It feeds the output into the mixer, which can introduce overdrive.

External Input Volume
    Just as on the Minimoog Model D hardware synthesizer, the Main Audio Output of the Minimoog Model D App is attenuated slightly, and then sent back to the External Input of the Mixer. By increasing the EXTERNAL INPUT VOLUME knob setting far enough, the Mixer will overload, introducing varying levels of overdrive or distortion. When this occurs, the Overload indicator lamp will illuminate.

Ahhhhh!! Excellent, that clears that up! Gonna have to abuse that more now 💉 thanks

• edited April 2019

@reasOne said:

Ahhhhh!! Excellent, that clears that up! Gonna have to abuse that more now 💉 thanks

That 'trick' can also be abused with the iMS-20 there's quite a 'level difference' from feeding the main output and head-phone output back to the filter input, different 'flavours' of distortion/overdrive.

With Moog Model 15 it's possible to feed any external source into the synth using AudioBus :)
    (Don't know if it's possible using the AUv3 but will try at some point)

And well, regarding iMini (the Arturia/Retronyms version of 'Model D') the input on that one is actually either the microphone or an attached audio-interface...

• edited April 2019

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Good point - I think that the iMono/Poly is the better iPolysix anyway.
    Same oscillator sound, same filter characteristic but great FX and a deep modulation system make it even better than the original, and I had it, it was my first synth o:)
    (Sorry @stuck80s for going off-topic ;) )

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Same oscillator sound, same filter characteristic but great FX and a deep modulation system make it even better than the original, and I had it, it was my first synth o:)

Mono/Poly’s ‘polyphony’ is paraphonic all voices go thru the same filter and amp envelope while PolySix has one filter for each voice and 6 voices of polyphony.

But yeah Mono/Poly is more flexible as a synth.

OT is good sometimes...

• edited April 2019

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

@rs2000 said:

Mono/Poly’s ‘polyphony’ is paraphonic all voices go thru the same filter and amp envelope while PolySix has one filter for each voice and 6 voices of polyphony.

Thanks god iMono is better than the original and it features these filters too :+1:

OT is good sometimes...

:smiley:

• Thanks for stepping up to the challenge wim !!! That’s a great bass patch!

It was Cool to see you recreate it and honestly it’s pretty close to what I’m looking for.

////.

I love when threads get highjacked!!

I would love to hear more reincarnations of the the line bass recreated in some other worthy iOS synths if you guys can!!

Love you all

• @stuck80s said:
    Thanks for stepping up to the challenge wim !!! That’s a great bass patch!

It was Cool to see you recreate it and honestly it’s pretty close to what I’m looking for.

////.

I love when threads get highjacked!!

I would love to hear more reincarnations of the the line bass recreated in some other worthy iOS synths if you guys can!!

Love you all

Thanks for your kind response!
    What iOS synths do you own already? And which DAWs?

• Im an appoholic 😉 which synths don’t i have

I get stuck in ruts where i default to ones I’m comfy with at times

• Ones on iPhone mainly ..

• Heh, I just went through this same exercise from KORG Collection Polysix to the iPolysix on iOS, only to find out that the velocity modulation (missing from iPolysix) makes a big difference in the patch.

I might still make a SynthJacker BYOAF demo video with this one, as it came out sounding pretty good. Definitely a go-to bass sound if you're into synthwave.

• @coniferprod said:
    Heh, I just went through this same exercise from KORG Collection Polysix to the iPolysix on iOS, only to find out that the velocity modulation (missing from iPolysix) makes a big difference in the patch.

I might still make a SynthJacker BYOAF demo video with this one, as it came out sounding pretty good. Definitely a go-to bass sound if you're into synthwave.

😎👍🏼

• Anyone have something close to this using other apps?

Such a great Bass sound. A Synthwave cliche, but for good reason.