Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best MONO synth?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2019

@ocelot said:

@jonmoore said:
    And it's the only VA synth on any platform other than the Softube Modular, that can do audio rate modulation accurately.

Really? ODYSSEi does audio-rate modulation accurately? That's one of the reasons why I was never too impressed with any VA. Always favored digitals like the Wavestation and Microwave.

Indeed it does. The Odyssey way of doing audio rate modulation is a little 'arse over tit' as you have to use the badly named Sample & Hold Mixer to route oscillator 1 to be able to FM oscillator 2, but once you get your head around that particular cul de sac of ARP routing, things let rip. And when you pile on the super thick and tasty unison things really begin to start cooking!

This is a simple patch sheet for a rather knarly FM bass. If Korg does an Easter weekend sale as per usual, you should definitely consider picking it up.

• @MobileMusic said:

Have you taken a look at SynthMaster One wavetable synthesizer?

Seeing as I pretty much bought every iOs music app, I am still acquainting myself with most of them... I hadn't worked with SM1 in a while, and tnx for the reminder, been enjoying it a lot since you mentioned.

• Cool, thanks @jonmoore I have space once again to reinstall Gadget, so will wait for the Korg sales and try iOdyssey.

• Mini Synthesizer for iPhone by Electro-Harmonix
    i adore that one. its an emulation of some old school synth. it does have poly mode, but i absolutely love sequencing it in aum in mono mode. it has few parameters to change which i like , because i prefer synths with their own limited sound instead of ones that allow you all sort of tweaks. (also sexy sliders instead of common knobs)
    i dunno. i rediscovered this app recently and it just does it for me

• @SevenSystems said:
    Attention, heresy: ANY mono software synth is essentially "bad", because the developer was too lazy to implement dynamic voice allocation, and to compensate develops a marketing strategy insinuating that being "mono" is good!

It's a different story with actual analog hardware synths, because there, cost multiplies by the number of available voices.

OK, you can flame now :)

UNLESS it has a super sequencer or something a la Matrixbrute or DSI pro-2/3 functionality right? That shit doesn’t translate to polysynths really. And limits can be rad sometimes eh?

• In the same vein, who offers the best version of the Moog Taurus? I've ben looking for a very simple bass synth app with a spot on Taurus emulation.

• Best mono synth?
    The SH-101 is my personal favorite.

On iOS, P-202 is very efficient and versatile.

Flowtones is also very powerful, but I don’t like the user interface, because nothing is where I expect it to be on a synth.
    I need some time to get used to it.

• @jolico said:
    Best mono synth?

Flowtones is also very powerful, but I don’t like the user interface, because nothing is where I expect it to be on a synth.

If you are familiar with Toneboosters other apps the layout in Flowtones is very consistent.

• Model D, Zeon, etc, all great. But if I want something really different, this is a total beast:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/shockwave-synth-module/id1449844670

• Odyssei…. Korg, why no AUv3 😭

• edited October 2021

@Svetlovska said:
    Model D, Zeon, etc, all great. But if I want something really different, this is a total beast:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/shockwave-synth-module/id1449844670

I do like me some Shockwave. I even like Agonizer.

• @NeuM said:

@jolico said:
    Best mono synth?

If you are familiar with Toneboosters other apps the layout in Flowtones is very consistent.

Maybe it’s better on iPad.

On my iPhone, the LFOs are inside the FX1 screen and the envelopes are in the FX2 screen.

• edited October 2021

Running Zeeon as a mono synth.

I also believe the ARP Oddysei is the best mono-synth on the platform. Sire it's not AUv3, who cares, it sounds near identical to the hardware via its various emulations (all three filter variations.).

• I agree with ODYSSEi, sounds very raw and ‘alive’ to me.
    Luckily I work in Gadget, so no AUv3 is not a problem.

• Bass 808 is a favourite of mine. Goes really well with the new Nembrini Black.