Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Inconsistent results when searching forum

dj8dj8
edited January 2014 in General App Discussion

I'm noticing that the search feature for the forum isn't always providing reliable results. For example, I was replying to a post about Cubasis today. I entered a search for "Cubasis" to pull up the link to a previous, related thread and paste it into my reply, but the thread didn't show up in the results. Since I knew the thread existed, I manually combed through the thread pages until I found it again. Same problem when I searched for IAA".

This reduces the effectiveness of the discussion site as an information archive, IMO. Is anyone else noticing this/running into this? Or, is there some sort of formatting that's required that I'm missing out on?

Comments

• I have a different problem using search from my iPad. When searching for popular topics (like Cubasis), I'll get a page of results as normal. However, when I click "more results", nothing happens. Anyone else? I too thought it might be something I'm missing.

• edited January 2014

Yes @CSwinn I messaged with @Sebastian regarding that same exact issue.

Hopefully he's ok with me sharing his reply and advice....

"Sadly the forum software isn't really great at search, but you can use Google for that: https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=electrify site:forum.audiob.us

Just add the search term in the search field and add "site:forum.audiob.us" as well so Google only searches the Audiobus forum.

I know it's not a perfect solution but Google's just pretty damn good..."

• That's a drag. Thanks @SpookyZoo for the info.

• Cool tip! I had problems with the search function before too, so I'm glad there's a workaround.

• Good to know!! Bookmarked!

• Ok, great tip, @SpookyZoo, thanks. Is there a central place where this short of info is being collected.

Especially helpful for a new user to the forum & helps to reduce redundant threads.

• Google is the only way to search the forum on mobile.

Vanilla is great, vanilla search... Not so much.

• Yeah google search is way ahead of the forum search.

• Hmm... isn't clicking on your forum name tab at the top of each forum page & then the Activity tab taking you to a much more manageable (i.e. easily searchable) list of your responses in each thread?