Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does ENSO midi mapping works on BM3?

Hi guys! I’ve tried many settings and I have no idea how to control Enso by midi controller. Anyone could help me?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

Hey, here are the basic steps. Hopefully that’s enough detail, but if anything isn’t clear enough, let me know and I’ll flesh it out with some screen shots.

[EDIT] Now that I think about it, you can only get to certain controls this way. You need to actually get midi directly into the app to do things like triggering. Let me see if I can figure that out.

[EDIT 2] Sorry, I’m stumped. I can see how to automate exposed AU parameters, but not how to get midi cc’s directly into Enso to use it’s own midi controls. If no-one else here knows, I suggest you ask over on the Intuit forum.

1. Make sure your midi controller is recognized and enabled for input in Settings > Audio and Midi Devices.
    2. Load up a bank with whatever it is you want to be the sound source.
    3. Load Enso as an audio FX on the bank.
    4. Show Enso in the interface, and select Show AU Knobs above the keyboard on the left.
    5. Double-tap the dial for the control you want to automate, then select Macro Controls and assign it to an available Macro.
    6. Go to Settings > Midi Focus Actions. Then scroll down to find the macro control that you assigned and tap on it. It will start flashing.
    7. Move the control on your midi controller that you want to control the parameter. It will be bound to the macro, which is bound to the AU parameter.
  • Than> @wim said:

Hey, here are the basic steps. Hopefully that’s enough detail, but if anything isn’t clear enough, let me know and I’ll flesh it out with some screen shots.

[EDIT] Now that I think about it, you can only get to certain controls this way. You need to actually get midi directly into the app to do things like triggering. Let me see if I can figure that out.

[EDIT 2] Sorry, I’m stumped. I can see how to automate exposed AU parameters, but not how to get midi cc’s directly into Enso to use it’s own midi controls. If no-one else here knows, I suggest you ask over on the Intuit forum.

1. Make sure your midi controller is recognized and enabled for input in Settings > Audio and Midi Devices.
    2. Load up a bank with whatever it is you want to be the sound source.
    3. Load Enso as an audio FX on the bank.
    4. Show Enso in the interface, and select Show AU Knobs above the keyboard on the left.
    5. Double-tap the dial for the control you want to automate, then select Macro Controls and assign it to an available Macro.
    6. Go to Settings > Midi Focus Actions. Then scroll down to find the macro control that you assigned and tap on it. It will start flashing.
    7. Move the control on your midi controller that you want to control the parameter. It will be bound to the macro, which is bound to the AU parameter.

Thanks a lot to replying! Unfortunately I didn’t get my targets with it yet. I decided to use BM3 like multiple instruments platform inside AUM (controlled by midi) and loop it in Quantiloop. If I figure out another way I’ll let you know!