Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy Redux

Anyone else?

I've subscribed to this app three times. Cancelled. Waited. Missed the fluency of the 'writing', literally the ease of use/export elsewhere and then snuck back.

I feel like I'm sat on the wagon just waiting to fall off, but flow is so hard to ignore....

Comments

• I've also been on again off again a few times. I'm in the off again mode now. It's still very very fast, it does sound good right out of the box, but there's a lot of weird things I enjoy doing on iOS that Auxy can't do (most people I know who use it are using it as an all-in-one solution to song production, start to finish).

As a sound module / groovebox, I can't bring myself to pay the sub when I know I'm gonna feed it up into something else, not to mention it doesn't have the ability to be hosted as IAA or AUv3. Link works, sort of.

shrug

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Anyone else?

I've subscribed to this app three times. Cancelled. Waited. Missed the fluency of the 'writing', literally the ease of use/export elsewhere and then snuck back.

I feel like I'm sat on the wagon just waiting to fall off, but flow is so hard to ignore....

I was a big fan of the original Auxy version (classic piano roll) and now found a great successor in Korg Gadget, just as easy to use but a whole different world in terms of sounds and connectivity. Subscriptions are not my thing, and the new Auxy didn't click with me.

• I've told them many times that I'd bite if there was midi in. My workflow is to play parts in on a keyboard, not just draw them in on a piano roll. Hopefully they'll change their minds.

• Love Auxy. I don’t use it all the time but I ’s one of my only subscriptions.

• Didn't today's latest update give it Ableton set export?

• Recently resubscribed and was happy to see I had a handful of new sound packs that I had missed. They just updated it with 16 drum sounds per kit plus other things. I really hope they add live recording sometime. Only then will I be permanently subscribed

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Didn't today's latest update give it Ableton set export?

Yep - I haven’t tested but I opened up the export in AudioShare and all the bits n bobs look good. Overall a good QOL update, but still leaves a bit to be desired. It’s cool cause there’s plenty of ways to fill those cracks :)

• I was on and off, now im off, until it plays well with others, I just can't get it to fit my sessions unfortunately cuz it is fun and sounds nice

• @reasOne said:
    I was on and off, now im off, until it plays well with others, I just can't get it to fit my sessions unfortunately cuz it is fun and sounds nice

having Ableton set export does go a long way to playing well with others....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@reasOne said:
    I was on and off, now im off, until it plays well with others, I just can't get it to fit my sessions unfortunately cuz it is fun and sounds nice

having Ableton set export does go a long way to playing well with others....

That's a good thing for many, and deff a pro feature, I don't really work with audio like that tho, I need to load all my stuff up in AUM apeMatrix or ab3 , separate stand alone apps are not good with my work habits

• Thanks guys. Always feels reassuring to sit in these rooms and know one's not entirely alone...

• Used to be my favorite app but they keep making it more feature laden which for me means it loses the immediacy I liked about it originally. Plus I don't like functionality being behind the subscription method. It would have been great for the additional sounds, but I was bummed they removed things like the brilliant Transitions at the same time.

• @Tarekith said:
    Used to be my favorite app but they keep making it more feature laden which for me means it loses the immediacy I liked about it originally. Plus I don't like functionality being behind the subscription method. It would have been great for the additional sounds, but I was bummed they removed things like the brilliant Transitions at the same time.

I was pretty bummed when they removed transitions too, HOWEVER, I did come up with a way to kind of work with the automation in a less intellectual way, kind of a mental paradigm if you will. You just place an automation node, keep your finger on it, close your eyes, move it around till it hits a good spot, rinse and repeat as necessary. If I go about it that way, it feels less “programmy” and more fun.