Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

Comments

• edited April 2019

@db909 had fun on my lunch hour jamming w/ you. damn, this app is a blast. I could imagine getting obsessed with it

That little "whoop" is a slide whistle I happened to have sitting on my desk (for some unknown reason).

• edited April 2019

Lol! my wife is immortalized telling us to have a pee. :lol:

Edit: can’t play, laughing too hard.... hehehe Let if flow Badrico! Fantastic stuff Tim!

• edited April 2019

Badrico layin it down.

I aspire to Tim Exile's skillz.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@timexile said:
    Hey Audiob.us gang, great to meet you and sorry for being a little late to the party - the past few days since the Sonicstate vid went out have been a little off the hook.

It's wonderful reading your comments - thank you for being kind about us while we're still ironing out a whole host of things.

We'd love to support the AB forum jam so we've made an invitation permalink -> http://bit.ly/2UtHHn8. Anyone with this link can join the AB Forum Jam. Currently we can only do this in the backend but we hope to bake this 'community jam' feature into the app in the next few weeks so you can set up your own community jams and share them wherever - IRL or meatspace.

It's great to see you're having fun with it... that's the goal of Endlesss... real flow-state fun with real people that can get deep. We realise the depth isn't THAT deep right now - 12 'bass' sounds and 12 'notes' sounds is more of a puddle than an ocean. We're a very small team (only one full-time dev) so the sounds, FX and features in there are the bare minimum and we have pleeenty of interaction and integration improvements to make which we're as eager as anyone to get done.

On that note at some point we'd love to pick your brains about exactly how you'd expect AUM, IAA, Audioshare, Audiobus, Intergalactic Megabus etc to work. The bottom line is we want you to be able to make rifffs on Endlesss as simply as possible with anything you currently use to make music with.

The dev team are focussing on shipping our interface rebuild and responding to all the stuff we've learned in the first month of our beta test but at some point we'll be putting time into integrations. That's where the fun begins - and that's where we could definitely do with a steer from folk like you who are deep into using iOS stuff.

Finally - with a nod to the fact that this is terrible community etiquette but genuinely not an attempt at leaching - I just want to mention that we have a Discord channel where we'll be focussing most of our online community efforts https://discord.gg/FAzU7QR. I'll try to pop in this forum from time to time but the hottest chat will be there. For example there's a chat going on about monetisation right now which I know a few of you are interested in...

Enough for now - sorry for the verbosity!

Is this the link to join the beta too?

The link to join the beta is on the youtube description.

Cheers Gus

@MonzoPro said:
    Has anyone got a link to the beta signup for this? The video with the link seems to have been removed.

Thanks

@MonzoPro Gaz said the first link was full, I heard he was putting up a second video from twitter with a new link. See below.

• @MonzoPro In the app if you invite someone to your jam, it generates a one use invite token not sure if this gets you on the beta. I’ve send one out a while ago but didn’t get the answer back. Can people confirm maybe this isn’t working in the beta version.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @MonzoPro In the app if you invite someone to your jam, it generates a one use invite token not sure if this gets you on the beta. I’ve send one out a while ago but didn’t get the answer back. Can people confirm maybe this isn’t working in the beta version.

Thanks JC, I’ll give it a try :)

• edited April 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @db909 had fun on my lunch hour jamming w/ you. damn, this app is a blast. I could imagine getting obsessed with it

That little "whoop" is a slide whistle I happened to have sitting on my desk (for some unknown reason).

Yeah man it was pretty fun. (Also my lunch break). I kept forgetting that every time you hit the looper it publishes it. Not used to being able to just keep jamming until it’s just right and then having the look back looper loop the last good bits. Almost feels too good

• @db909 said:
    Yeah man it was pretty fun. (Also my lunch break). I kept forgetting that every time you hit the looper it publishes it. Not used to being able to just keep jamming until it’s just right and then having the look back looper loop the last good bits. Almost feels too good

At first I was disconcerted about having the loop published right away--felt exposed somehow that something would be "subpar" or something. But now I find it pretty liberating. It's ephemeral. Just shoot it out there and it'll get ignored if it's not good. Or who knows? Maybe that loop you think is horrible catches someone else's ear and they make it into something great. It's a really cool trick if you can just let go and let things flow with brain turned off.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019

I’m convinced every loop based app needs a look back looper like this now. It’s almost as liberating as the erase-replace recording in iKaossilator. Who needs an undo button when you can just keep playing? Ya’ll get it now?

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Hopefully they can smooth the ‘take a bunch of scattered parts and turn it in to a finished song’ productivity aspect out over the next few updates :)

Yep, this would take it to a whole nuther level. Would be awesome to "save" rifffs and put them into a "holding pen" where you could then construct a track/song/session.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Think the server blew up heh

• Welcome @timexile. Looking forward to Intergalactic Megabus!

• @AudioGus said:
    Think the server blew up heh

Gave me time to pee.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Hopefully they can smooth the ‘take a bunch of scattered parts and turn it in to a finished song’ productivity aspect out over the next few updates :)

Yep, this would take it to a whole nuther level. Would be awesome to "save" rifffs and put them into a "holding pen" where you could then construct a track/song/session.

Definitely. Free form chaos jams is cool. But for arranging songs, live shows, sharing specific ideas, collaboration on a certain thing etc...some kind of organisation tools would be really nice.

Gaz mentioned that favoriting was on the todo list. That'd mostly cover it for me. That alone would enable future bits like 'Export all favorites as stems' in one swoop and/or 'New session from favorites' (clean up the fluff) and/or 'Import favorites from...' (hello, templates) and/or ...

• @syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:

Definitely. Free form chaos jams is cool. But for arranging songs, live shows, sharing specific ideas, collaboration on a certain thing etc...some kind of organisation tools would be really nice.

Gaz mentioned that favoriting was on the todo list. That'd mostly cover it for me. That alone would enable future bits like 'Export all favorites as stems' in one swoop and/or 'New session from favorites' (clean up the fluff) and/or 'Import favorites from...' (hello, templates) and/or ...

You joining the AB jam? Gus just lit the joint up. Some seriously fun jams going down yo

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    You joining the AB jam? Gus just lit the joint up. Some seriously fun jams going down yo

Alas, it's a lot easier to fake like I'm working on the AB forum than with headphones and my phone. o:)

• @syrupcore said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Alas, it's a lot easier to fake like I'm working on the AB forum than with headphones and my phone. o:)

Ha, I hear you!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:

Loving what you have been adding.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:

This all feels like some underground club that the cool kids are vaping their heroin tablets on the internet at. Looking forward to its high street debut.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:

This all feels like some underground club that the cool kids are vaping their heroin tablets on the internet at. Looking forward to its high street debut.

I have seen the future. And it is endless fun and endlessly creative.

• .....Surrender to the throbbing dots of aural splendour ...

• ...lose yourself in the cavern...

• Wow. This is great. Used the fixed invite to jump in. This is what I dreamed about for a long time, my former regular session partners didn‘t want to have „direct audio-lines between each other for wrangling each other‘s bits“, because they were so afraid, I‘d kill their great sounds by using them.... Apologies ahead of time, if people should feel the same way about my interferences in the Audiobus-jam..., I invite everyone to just use mine and make them better!... Cheers, t

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @MonzoPro Second Gaz UT.

Thanks JC, I signed up...just need to work out how this thing works...

• @InfoCheck the riff you uploaded at 16:41 on Saturday is WICKED. 😍

I look forward to the new interface for endlesss so we can comment right in the app!