Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

Comments

• This is pretty fantastic. To cycle through the iterations and see how they grow is stunning. Can't wait to form a Jam posse and build some big stream of consciousness mixes. Makes me want a nice stems editor on iOS even more now.

• Oh errr, and I have no idea if I should be talking about a beta here, heh...

• edited April 2019

@AudioGus said:
    This is pretty fantastic. To cycle through the iterations and see how they grow is stunning. Can't wait to form a Jam posse and build some big stream of consciousness mixes. Makes me want a nice stems editor on iOS even more now.

What is your username? Can I see your jams somewhere?

• So how do I join the beta?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    This is pretty fantastic. To cycle through the iterations and see how they grow is stunning. Can't wait to form a Jam posse and build some big stream of consciousness mixes. Makes me want a nice stems editor on iOS even more now.

Still 'Audiogus'. I am just in the big soup of Sonic State jams. I mostly just play around with other peoples stuff at the moment. I don't think we can make our own jam rooms in the beta (as I assume there would be a bunch of others now)

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can somebody please tell me how to join the beta? Pretty please with sugar on top

• Is the beta request the same as joining the email list?
    https://endlesss.fm/

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

Still 'Audiogus'. I am just in the big soup of Sonic State jams. I mostly just play around with other peoples stuff at the moment. I don't think we can make our own jam rooms in the beta (as I assume there would be a bunch of others now)

uh, wow. don't know how I'd find you in that list. no search?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

I think being a beta it is just everyone dog piling at the moment to get a sense of what it will be like. Seems like we should be able to invite other users over the server. Right now when I make a new jam I can only invite people over wifi.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

I think being a beta it is just everyone dog piling at the moment to get a sense of what it will be like. Seems like we should be able to invite other users over the server. Right now when I make a new jam I can only invite people over wifi.

Seems like something they'd want to test in a beta? Maybe that's still to come... Anyway, will be fun to jam in an "Audiobus Jam".

• Hmmm... so far it seems to me this app was made to make AI generative music seem “good” by comparison.

• edited April 2019

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Hmmm... so far it seems to me this app was made to make AI generative music seem “good” by comparison.

it ebs and flows depending on who is doing what at the time. kdenhen has some sweet ones. redskylulaby was kickin it too. radiofreeusa is sweet too. Yah, i think yesterdays stuff was stronger overall.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Hmmm... so far it seems to me this app was made to make AI generative music seem “good” by comparison.

Really? I had the complete opposite reaction. Sure I get annoyed by the onboard tilt toward modern EDM tropes but you can use as mic/line in!

• @EyeOhEss said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

If you don’t like the stuff happening in the sonic state mass brawl then start a solo jam ;)

from my POV and something to either use or not use. Im more excited about the app’s core workflow for looping and song structuring, for a portable little phone instrument it’s excellent....Possibly best iPhone screen music making concept I’ve ever used. Possibly actually rivals a lot of portable hardware for me....and it’s still only in beta for v1.0...

do you know of any good videos focusing on this?

• @EyeOhEss said:

@kobamoto said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

If you don’t like the stuff happening in the sonic state mass brawl then start a solo jam ;)

from my POV and something to either use or not use. Im more excited about the app’s core workflow for looping and song structuring, for a portable little phone instrument it’s excellent....Possibly best iPhone screen music making concept I’ve ever used. Possibly actually rivals a lot of portable hardware for me....and it’s still only in beta for v1.0...

do you know of any good videos focusing on this?

Sorry, haven’t seen any out there yet.

But if you imagine something like every clip in ableton being an audio looper and being able to flick between those loopers in a grid. And create new variations on any loop (or entirely new loops) instantly just by tapping once AFTER you play/tweak something new that you like.... it’s like that. Super fast...

ok, this is a great description!.... thanks

• edited April 2019

Just to confirm, you can't currently save your own jams, right?

How do you get back to your current jam after (accidentally) going to the main menu? Seems like it should be possible but I can't figure out whether the option exists. The music is still playing but I can't get back to the creation screen!

This is super-fun overall already - I would love it to integrate with other apps so that we could easily run a synth app into it as the stock sounds aren't particularly inspiring. Cool FX, though, and I really like the workflow.

• thank you for your insights, these are just the kind of musings I needed.

• The "look back" looper in this app is a classic example of meeting unmet UX needs. Brilliant.

• edited April 2019

This is the first app to tempt me to upgrade my phone.

Would be so cool to have a blocs like slicer.

• So how does the look back looper work specifically? I didn’t quite grasp how it was looping perfectly in the video

• Looks like someone has finally brought years of '...game changer for music collaboration...' type BS statements to life. It's limited in scope but the collab part looks to work like magic (in the Arthur C. Clarke sense anyway).

Signed up for the beta.

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Where’s everything stored? Online? Sometimes my loops in solo jams take a minute to load up. Not long enough that it’s an issue....just long enough to feel like maybe they aren’t stored on my phone.

I assume it's stored "in the cloud", otherwise collaboration would be difficult. ;) You could probably find out for sure by trying to create/save riffs while in airplane mode. Though that might not be the whole story—it might save locally until connected again.

Really hope this isn’t going to be a subscription app :( If it is then I hope you can at least buy a non-collaboration ‘local only’ version at a one off price...

I hope the same but since cloud storage and collaboration is involved, I'd understand if they did. That said, on their site under "FUTURE FEATURES" they list:

• Chat-style interface update
    • More soundpacks
    • Analogue modelling synthesis
    • Text messages in jams
    • Uncompressed audio (paid option)

Though only the last specifically says 'paid option', I imagine they might reasonably charge for any of those.

• @syrupcore said:

• More soundpacks

Cool!

• Analogue modelling synthesis

Yum!

• Uncompressed audio (paid option)

Sweet!

• edited April 2019

(This is a ‘one use invite token’ apparently. Does it work?)

Let's jam together on Endlesss! Here's a personal invite to a jam called 'AB Forum Jam'
    https://endlesss.fm/invite/audiogus/384c99fc21b8f0a6c484

• @AudioGus said:
    (This is a ‘one use invite token’ apparently. Does it work?)

Let's jam together on Endlesss! Here's a personal invite to a jam called 'AB Forum Jam'
    https://endlesss.fm/invite/audiogus/384c99fc21b8f0a6c484

Hey Koolio ! This things a gas ... thanks for opening this jam room ... I jumped in .. something kooky though, the loops are extra long compared to other rooms