Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fabfilter Pro-Q2 AUv3 on sale

2»

Comments

• @jonmoore said:

@McD said:
    Maybe making money on this first AU will encourage the production on more FX.

Gotta love your glass half full sense of optimism. :)

I took it as a not-so-subtle peer pressure: If we iOS shlubs want nice things, we'd ALL better chip in and make the devs love us!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@jonmoore said:

@McD said:

I took it as a not-so-subtle peer pressure: If we iOS shlubs want nice things, we'd ALL better chip in and make the devs love us!

:)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    If we iOS shlubs want nice things...

Shlubs :D
    My new favorite word!

• Does it side chain?

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    If we iOS shlubs want nice things...

Shlubs :D
    My new favorite word!

It's amazing the amount of slang that doesn't cross the Atlantic even in this hyper-connected world of ours. I thought I'd have to Urban Dictionary it to get a definition but my Apple dictionary saved me the effort. Shlub also gets the award for being the most onomatopoeic word I've come across in quite some time. Ace!

• @cuscolima said:
    Does it side chain?

Yes, shlubs side chain all the time.
    Depends on which side is the shlub-side.

• @jonmoore said:

@McD said:

I want those AU's that are inside Auria Pro for all the DAW options.

Pro-Q2 is such a good GUI and sound that I want them all.

If we don't buy enough they will just pass on porting them. Hopefully this sale indicates some movement towards putting out additional IOS products.

• She said “Hey babe take a walk on the shlub side. Hey babe take a walk on the shlub side...”

doot da doot doot doot da doot...

• https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/post/2687

Hi :)
    Will there be an upgrade path for Pro-Q 2 to Pro-Q 3 on iOS (AUv3)
    Just wondered on your plans here, you can upgrade in Auria, but it's a bit more tricky on the app store...

Audiot — Apr 16, 2019

——

Hi Audiot,

Unfortunately, Apple does not offer the technical possibility of upgrades or crossgrades.

Pro-Q 3 will be released as a separate plug-in and separate purchase in the iOS app store, but we will probably use a highly discounted introduction price to ease the pain a bit... Fortunately, the overall price point on the iOS platform is very low already.

Cheers,

Floris (FabFilter) — Apr 16, 2019

——

Hi Floris,
    If Pro-Q 3 is a separate plugin then you do actually have a way to allow Pro-Q2 owners to have an exclusive upgrade price by using the iOS AppStore "bundle" option.

If you were to release an app bundle with Pro-Q 2 and Pro-Q 3, for $40 for example, then existing Pro-Q 2 owners would be able to purchase that bundle for $10 (if they originally bought Pro-Q 2 for $30).
    This is because Apple discounts bundles by the amount a user has paid toward previous purchase of any of the apps in the bundle if you own one of the apps already.

For those who have not yet purchased either app, the bundle is clearly unneeded since the price would be more than just purchasing Pro-Q 3 at regular price.

Thanks for making the iOS port! I must say I am looking forward to giving FabFilter lots of my moneys as more iOS apps are made :-)

hymnotix — Apr 16, 2019

———-

Hi hymnotix,

Very interesting; we didn't realize that we could use the bundle option in this way. We will explore this option...

Floris (FabFilter) — Apr 16, 2019

• A> @wim said:

She said “Hey babe take a walk on the shlub side. Hey babe take a walk on the shlub side...”

_doot da doot doot doot da

Q: Are we not shlubs?

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

• It’s what hobbledehoys grow up to be.

• Just to make it ultra clear: They have not yet committed to a date for Pro-Q 3, right? So it could be a year away?

• edited April 2019

@_ki , @Hmtx , @jonmoore ,

Thanks, everyone! It is interesting. I'll definitely wait and get v3 when it releases :smile:
    (Apparently, the current v2 cannot save user presets)

• @hellquist said:
    Just to make it ultra clear: They have not yet committed to a date for Pro-Q 3, right? So it could be a year away?

That's my take on things. But others have had more recent contact with their customer support team so may know otherwise.

• I took the plunge. Wow finally an EQ I can understand. Not in depth but the surface.
    I think this will be used frequently ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    I took the plunge. Wow finally an EQ I can understand. Not in depth but the surface.

exactly my view. The app is so well made it is super easy to use and get results even just for basic EQ

... and the deeper stuff, well its nice to know it is there even if I will probably never use it.

• @Hmtx said:

@david_2017 said:
    I took the plunge. Wow finally an EQ I can understand. Not in depth but the surface.

exactly my view. The app is so well made it is super easy to use and get results even just for basic EQ

... and the deeper stuff, well its nice to know it is there even if I will probably never use it.

Agreed. Also exactly my thoughts after first meeting my wife.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Hmtx said:

@david_2017 said:

Agreed. Also exactly my thoughts after first meeting my wife.

Ha!