Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Describe Music Production In 2050 / Is It Possible?

πŸ€” πŸ€–? πŸ‘½? πŸ‘Ύ? 🌏? 🌈? 🍭? πŸ’€?

Comments

• Humans won’t be able to compete against Artificial Intelligence for any β€œstandard” music. Human will have a chance only if they will produce masterpieces...at least

• One way would be to 'break the rules' of the AI and confuse the sensory sub-system :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think by then we will have cybernetics that will blur the lines of recording and performance.

The lead musician will start the song perhaps. The crowd will be wirelessly connected with humidi clock, key sig, primary beat markers, and lyrics. The crowd will then be able to add percussion or take turns with melodic phrases at the direction of the lead musician. In sync, whether or not they knew the song or structure previously.

This is a natural historical progression back to the roots of human music that was not a specialized art for most of our pre history, as far as we know.

• edited April 2019

If there will be humankind at all (which is very unlikely) most people will spend most of their life in simulations ... you will use for music whatever you will want :)

• @EyeOhEss said:
    50ft robots using humans as bongos.

:joy:

• @gusgranite said:

@EyeOhEss said:

:joy:

Nah, they'd make something like this but with humans :D

• edited April 2019

@dendy said:
    If there will be humankind at all (which is very unlikely)

Awww don't be a dendy downer. The elite humans will simply evolve into higher robotic lifeforms and jam on through the galaxy as for-told in this complete and unabridged prophecy.

• When does personal preference re: music styles come into play? AI isn’t going to produce music that everybody is going to like. It’s my opinion that human creativity will generally trump the offerings of computer-based compositions.

• @EyeOhEss said:

And we have a winner...

• @Multicellular said:
    I think by then we will have cybernetics that will blur the lines of recording and performance.

The lead musician will start the song perhaps. The crowd will be wirelessly connected with humidi clock, key sig, primary beat markers, and lyrics. The crowd will then be able to add percussion or take turns with melodic phrases at the direction of the lead musician. In sync, whether or not they knew the song or structure previously.

This is a natural historical progression back to the roots of human music that was not a specialized art for most of our pre history, as far as we know.

I sure hope this is where we are headed. In my head this is where I want to go with my creations and I'm just waiting for the pioneer devs/technologists to jump on board.

• @Multicellular said:
    I think by then we will have cybernetics that will blur the lines of recording and performance.

Crowd? How primitive. More like Cloud.

• @AudioGus said:

@Multicellular said:

Crowd? How primitive. More like Cloud.

01110100 01101111 01110101 01100011 01101000 11101001

• I hate to be negative, but with the way the world is headed, I suspect we'll be banging on rocks with sticks by then...

• Korg audio units?

• What I understood we have only 12 years left because of the climate. So no music in humans anymore in 2050.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    I hate to be negative, but with the way the world is headed, I suspect we'll be banging on rocks with sticks by then...

I highly recommend Stephen Pinker's book Enlightenment Now. Here's a video of the author that describes his premise:

• @greengrocer, do not fear. In the Carter years oil was predicted to run out around 2000. Absolutely climate change is happening, but hopefully the reality will not reflect the predictions. They are computer models after all and different parameters produce different results.

Back to music... what about music delivery? Can it get any better?

• I predict it won't sound like music to anyone here that makes it to 2050.
    More like what we'd consider a drug. High's and Low's will mean something
    different... more like Red's and Blue's to the pill poppers.

Many will refuse the implants required to hear 2050 music it because it can be used to
    surveil your subconscious and assume your identity to make you act as a surrogate...
    "He was a 'music zombie' (with that dull affect) and drove off in my jet car".

• you know that the year 2050 is just over 30 years away? When I was young the year 2000 was the "future" :-)

Anyway

Climate change - absolutely we should be worrying about it, it's the biggest threat to us all. The Authoritarian governments trying to rise in the US and UK will have gone, one way or the other, by then. I think the models are likely good - in the last 10 years our understanding of the atmosphere has dramatically improved and processing power is good. However I think that there are good signs - carbon use IS dropping, there are signs that there are workable carbon extraction is possible. I don't think the human race will die out but don't be poor or live near the coast (or in places that are borderline deserts already, like say: California)

AI - I think the "singularity" is way past 2050. We have at least one, and likely more, cycle of AI being the answer to everything and then it going out of fashion I reckon. This current one is the third time in my lifetime AI has been the answer to everything. When it finally does arrive I'd bet that machine music and human music will be distinct things. Anyway - if we really do achieve proper AI then the AI's will make music for themselves, not us. I do think that media composers will be competing with machines that make music by the yard for crappy TV but just like the top media composers still use human players and not sample libraries - human touch will have value

I'd hope that the interface between humans and machines that make music will improve - I reckon AR should have delivered by 2050 so we might all be standing there waving our arms and legs about to make music rather than touching anything. Processing power will likely increase so things like physically modelling may become amazing

BUT - I think blade runner (the original obviously) & William Gibson got it right - the future has all the same stuff we have today with lots of fancy gadgets mixed in.

• Read the novel, Dolphin Music

• @LinearLineman: improvise your best guess. Then we'll re-visit it in 2050 years on May Day.

• I think that in 2050, the human race is divided in 2 camps. The one's that embrace AI as a new religion, and the one's that see AI as the fall of mankind.
    The AI-religious people listen to music that is composed with AI, by the standards of the people that rule the world. Non-anarchistic, so common folk bend to the will of the rulers, who also have the music industry in their pockets (the " rulers" are the mega-cooperations and the selective rich) You can already see that the music you hear on commercial radio stations are "made to be sold". Fabricated music!.
    History tells us that revolution always occur, so will it be in the future. So there's hope.

• edited April 2019

In 30 years we will be rehashing the music and style of the present day.

The music will still suck, but it will be interesting seeing all the retro-squared hipsters.

• Well, @mcd, I would imagine the input system has to bypass the ears and go directly to the cortex. Once there the listener, if he or she wishes will be able to play with it, substituting favorite vocalists, arrangements, tempos, etc. Earl Grey will be the top vocalist in 2050. Perhaps the frequency range will be broadened so we can listen to doggie music.

Touch will have moved to voice recognition leaving your hand free for something better. You will be able to license any band or instrumentalist to either work or rework your tracks in particular styles. @Multicellular 's prediction is brilliant. I forget if he is the synesthesiac, but I believe switching and combining senses will be available and musical taste will come to mean something quite different.

I believe Chopin, Beethoven and John Lennon will be back composing better than ever.

The qwerty keyboard will be long gone, or morphed into holographic reality with depth of information accrual, sorting and analyzing being triggered by velocity layers (sense of touch having been quantified with muscle memory enhancement in 2040).

Famous VR holographic bands will be purchased for all weddings and Bar Mitzvahs, driving the Musicians Union insane for the last time.

Musicals will become total environments one can step into and play any role.... holodeck meets karaoke.

And I will certainly be dead, but our holograms can meet up and talk about the good old days when steaks were bloody with real blood.

• Busted / Year 3000

• I have received a transmission from my future self, containing the top music video from 30 years in the future.

• edited April 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Touch will have moved to voice recognition leaving your hand free for something better. You will be able to license any band or instrumentalist to either work or rework your tracks in particular styles. @Multicellular 's prediction is brilliant. I forget if he is the synesthesiac, but I believe switching and combining senses will be available and musical taste will come to mean something quite different.

Well thank you. And wow...I never thought of that, but that does seem highly likely you could cybernetically make people synesthetic. That will be a relief. I feel I can never explain it very well. Probably should read some about it. Yes I may have synesthesia but have merely read the wiki page.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    I hate to be negative, but with the way the world is headed, I suspect we'll be banging on rocks with sticks by then...

I highly recommend Stephen Pinker's book Enlightenment Now. Here's a video of the author that describes his premise:

Wow! Very interesting! I’ll have to look into the book. I enjoyed the β€œTED” talk! πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸΌ