Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Easter app sales upcoming

Comments

• Shoots ive been waiting on NS2 to go on sale this is awesome!!! loving it so far! Obsidian sounds so lush

• @McD said:

@McD said:

@david_2017 said:
    Does anyone know how many presets Chamäleon ships with?

I can't find it in writing but I think the videos mentioned 50 but it could just as well have been 15. There's only one way to tell so I'll buy it and report back.

I pulled the trigger on the Creatives 2 Bundle with Chameleon, Shimmer FX and Atomizer for $17 to save a bit.

94 presets delivered in "All" (alphabetically) or in 11 Categories and an "Other" folder.

I think you'll be pleased with Chameleon if you want good coverage of instruments in presets.
    The FX are on the primary page in a "Hardware Rack Unit" interface like most of the 4Pockets Apps. I've been slowly buying them all so helping you was just the bit of push I

Thanks for your help, mate! I saw my creative 2 bundle displays 11€ which is the amount I have left on my card. What you said sound quite fitting to my needs. Maybe a throw another Doug Video in there and push the button, pull the trigger, jump down from the fence... shimmer is amazing, chameleon seems to fit my needs to get some various sounding instruments in AU format and for another 3 quid atomizer sounds like another nice addition to the arsenal! 👊🏼

• @wim said:

I try very hard to separate out the composition and sound design phases. If I’m creating, I don’t want to get sucked down the rabbit hole of finding the perfect sound. I try to force myself to get something “close enough”, then worry about refining the sound later.

This. I'm not a sound designer. I'm a musician first and just want to get at it. I start refining later on in the process. And yes, lots to learn about Obsidian because there are so many different types of patches. I'm jealous of all sound designers.

Personally, i haven't been disappointed in the IAP's for NS2, but I have a rather simple palette.

• @david_2017 said:
    Thanks for your help, mate! I saw my creative 2 bundle displays 11€ which is the amount I have left on my card. What you said sound quite fitting to my needs. Maybe a throw another Doug Video in there and push the button, pull the trigger, jump down from the fence... shimmer is amazing, chameleon seems to fit my needs to get some various sounding instruments in AU format and for another 3 quid atomizer sounds like another nice addition to the arsenal! 👊🏼

@rs2000 maks an excellent point re: layering. I gave the Chameleon instruments a test drive and I do miss the responsiveness of AudioLayer to the MIDI controller. Fingering the App's keyboard doesn't allow for an adequate evaluation of the psych-acoustic connection between the player and the sampler.

It's like comparing a decent Digital Piano (I have weighted keys) and an entry level Casio... too much latency and a fake veneer. Still for $8 it's interesting. If it's an $8 product AudioLayer is a $25 implementation of a digital workstation: complex but wonderfully made and worth the effort for me.

I need to make some sample sets for NS2 using SynthJacker. I heard Obsidian doesn't support the sustain pedal. @_Ki created a StreamByter script to fix that but it only works in MidiFire because of MIDI routing in NS2.

Tradeoffs.

• Hey, thanks @White for being such a great deal scout!

• Thanks @White, Just got it. V-e-e-ry in-ter-est-Ing!

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey guys I would love to hear a recommendation. I was thinking on getting NS2 packs but I thought I may go better with 4pockets chameleon? How many presets has it? I have AudioLayer but it’s like overkill for me and I don’t have much instruments in it. Use it mostly for piano on iPhone 🙈 I am more interested in this regard for normal instruments and no neurofunkbass patches and stuff like that...

Chameleon for sure, much better investment imo

• edited April 2019

Picked up Pixound on sale for $1. It’s by the Different Drummer dude.

Very weird app and no manual. I’ve figured enough of it out though.

It’s got IAA/AB and universal. It’s a bit frustrating but you can get a lot of good sound out of this and even import your own samples.

If you can get past the weird interface, it’s a very sweet value-packed deal for a buck. :)

Pixound by Techné Media
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixound/id486076965?mt=8

• @White said:
    Harmonic Exciter AUv3 Plugin

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1458704222

Fuck. I just bought that Thursday at full price.
    :D

Well, I got Chameleon for $4 that day, so it all evens out, I suppose.

• Shimmer AUv3 Audio Plugin 29% off

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1451968439

• @White said:
    Shimmer AUv3 Audio Plugin 29% off

Thanks for the tip on this one!

• @White said:
    Shimmer AUv3 Audio Plugin 29% off

Just picked this one up. Love it! One of my fav fx in recent memory. :)

• Can you export sounds from Obsidian? @Gaia.Tree ? I assume not.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Can you export sounds from Obsidian? @Gaia.Tree ? I assume not.

Quick reply. I have NS2 and there are Folders in the Files App but the IAP I bought
    are not exposed there. I suspect they are for importing sounds but not exporting.
    The quality of the samples are not up to your standards, IMHO. Not BeatHawk quality
    for example but UVI has great sampling assets to package in the their Apps from the Desktop business.

NS2 is great for song building. I hope I choose my words carefully. Anyway, ignore is available.

As for today only sale opportunities, I think you'd benefit from the User Interface of Gestrument Pro. There's a Jazz Piano Trio preset. It's likely you own it and don't use it but
    still that's all I can see for you except the free Scythe Synth. NOTE: Scythe updated and is broken but it will get patched up. It's a lot like SpaceCraft in it's presets... lot's of air and hiss that makes you think you're in a vacuum filled with air: like outer space in the movies.

I hope you haven't hit ignore on me (yet).

• I honestly don’t even know where the ignore button is, @McD and don’t tell me.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I honestly don’t even know where the ignore button is, @McD and don’t tell me.

You might need it if Anti-keyboardist Hate invades the Forum like it has across the Dark Net.
    It's the rise of PAD-ism and it looks like our days are numbered. Practice scales? There are presets. Fingering? (How rude.)

IGNORE? You click on the Person's Handle. Then choose Edit Profile and pick "ignore". It's the same process to "unignore". I've ignored and unignored you 6 times today just for practice. I only wish you knew I has throwing shade at you so you could call me names while I had my fingers in my ears.

I'll "ignore" you for a bit.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Can you export sounds from Obsidian? @Gaia.Tree ? I assume not.

Hey, I was somewhat dismissive of NS2 in another thread that was closed.

My opinion was only that I didn’t feel like it quite lived up to the insane hype that it got around release. I don’t think any app could live up to that off the charts fanatic level.

And, that it’s annoying when an app comes out at $40 then drops to $20, then on sale for $11

That said, I feel it’s very well worth the $20 I paid for it, even if I haven’t used it all that much yet. The lack of use has more to do with having too many apps already. ;)

At $11, it’s an absolute steal. I’d buy it again at the $20 even knowing what I know now, and at $11 i wouldn’t even think twice hitting that buy button.

• @skiphunt yeah, bought it the second it came out. They said „it will never go on sale you will see“ and all that... now June coming up and I feel pain in my stomach to deposit another tenner for audiotracks. Maybe there will be some sort of update bundle, so the $40 people (e.g. earliest adopters) will get somehow a good deal for the missing audiotracks...

Back to topic. Whoever don’t buy this at the 12€ Tag right now is insane. It’s incredible for that price. 20€ would have been enough, the 34€ I paid... hmmm don’t know. But as you said, don think twice; phenomenal DAW at this sale price point right now

• Trying to settle in on one DAW, music studio, or modular kind of workflow on iOS is beyond me. I was hesitant on NS2 only because I don't need any more iOS apps. But it looked good... For anyone using it regularly, who composes with a traditional kind of sequencer workflow, I think it's well worth the money at full price. Devs having to offer so many sales suggests the iOS music-making market isn't able to support much, and devs are forced to be charitable. NS2 will probably get even better, and hopefully not be a financial failure.

• Just got all the pro features for blocs and launch for like ten USD, great deal..
    I think it ends at midnight..
    Now I can take my AUM loops ama arrange em into tracks using both these apps thanks to some advice from other forum members

• edited April 2019

I got scythe @McD and Harmonic Exciter as I mentioned. Not much else gets me right now. When Yonac goes on sale I will collect the other synths as Kauldron is terrific in my little preset world. Passing on ProQ2. Too much power for these tiny hands.

Some late night (3am here in mysterious and very dark Istanbul) purchasing. Kai Aras Chorus and kB-1 keyboard suite. Downloaded roli Noise... now @McD... which role soundpacks do you recommend?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD... which Roli Noise soundpacks do you recommend?

For us "real instrument" types I love the Hybrid Acoustic Pack.
    The Swam instruments are great but only work in standalone (non-AU) and
    with the internal Noise on-screen keyboard. It's stated in the fine print. I bought
    and said "WTF" and then saw the details. They don't trust the AU restrictions on
    performance and want to encourage Roli Seaboard sales I guess. Go figure.

I read that this might change, I think.

There are hardware companies that give away the software and software companies
    that accept all hardware.

• SynthDrum Kick AUv3 by DesignByPaul is on sale (from $6 to $3).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthdrum-kick/id1362619238?mt=8

• @McD @LinearLineman
    Do you have a roli block controller? Do one get stuff (e.g. sounds) got free when you buy and register these blocks? I can’t see a definitive answer on their AppStore description or on their website.
    Maybe someone here knows it. Thanks

• @david_2017 , download Roli Noise free and there are demos of the soundpaks you get gratis when registering a Roli Block. Someone correct me if this is inaccurate, but I think that’s how it works.

• I thought it’s that easy... :)

No not all. Only those marked with the corresponding icon right? But these are only seven. On their website they state it’s 8 and on their „comparison“ site they talk about 11... so I am confused 🙈

• In general, ROLI's own soundpacks are better than the third-party ones; they have a finer-tuned sense of how to make expressive use of the modulators. Floatation is far and away my favourite (I could spend forever in the Sinusoid Mist preset), and I like Cinematica; Stadium Rock is a nice idea but doesn't quite deliver for me; and I found Jordan Rudess one a bit of a letdown. But I'm using an Artiphon rather than ROLI gear, so may be getting different mileage.

If you're jailbroken, you can get the presets out of Noise and into Equator on desktop, which is fantastic; some of them are a masterclass in Equator patch design. Many of the older ones are already there, but the more recent packs aren't even available for Equator, so if you want to see how some of these patches are made and tweak them for yourself Noise + Unc0ver is your only option.

• Oh, i did not know that the NS2 IAP are on sale, never saw a topic mentioning this.

Anyway, got them now. :)