Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Notre Dame

2»

Comments

• edited April 2019

@supadom You're not incorrect. At the risk of politicizing this issue, I'll offer a brief response.

I didn't fully read the article, but the headline spoke volumes.

Yes - Notre Dame is just a building like so many others in the world. Yes - there are much greater tragedies and injustices in the world. Yes - this fire and the attention it got raises questions about many, many related issues that are arguably more serious but are not receiving the same attention.

I don't want to dismiss all this, or the intention of your post. Notre Dame gets the attention and the money because it's highly visible in our collective human consciousness. I'm not one to argue for or against whether this is deserved, or earned, or just, or any of these issues - I merely am remarking on the loss of an enduring piece of the history of human civilization. These monuments are increasingly more rare in this world (as is apparent to me the more I travel), and it is always a shame to see something lost that is not only iconic to our shared history but irreplaceable for the same reasons. Notre Dame burning is a tragedy in the same way that ISIS destroying those ancient Babylonian monuments was.

Ok - I'm off my soapbox. Resume!

• Truly horrific things happen all over the planet every day, and whitey gets emotional over part of an old building going up in smoke. I truly can't get my mind around all this nonsense.

• @Daveypoo
    Notre Dame burning is a tragedy in the same way that ISIS destroying those ancient Babylonian monuments was.

Correction: Notre Dame burning down was a tragedy, ISIS destroying stuff was terrorism ;) slight difference. But I agree with the rest.

• edited April 2019

@SevenSystems said:

@Daveypoo
    Notre Dame burning is a tragedy in the same way that ISIS destroying those ancient Babylonian monuments was.

Correction: Notre Dame burning down was a tragedy, ISIS destroying stuff was terrorism ;) slight difference. But I agree with the rest.

Yes, but my point above is not about the why, who or how but the loss itself (for the sake of this conversation). In this sense, both losses are tragic.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@ocelot said:
    Oh, I think it's IRs are in this 5GB free IR library from Waves.
    https://www.waves.com/downloads/ir-convolution-reverb-library

Nope. :-( ☹️

I'm sorry. I'll edit my post.

• edited April 2019

@legsmechanical said:
    Truly horrific things happen all over the planet every day, and whitey gets emotional over part of an old building going up in smoke. I truly can't get my mind around all this nonsense.

1.) These things aren’t binary. People can mourn multiple things at once.

2.) It may be unimportant to you, but that old building has been a part of many people’s lives their whole life. It’s a part of France’s cultural fabric.

3.) The way in which you bring race into this comes across as exceptionally bigoted. There’s no place for that here.

• @robertreynolds said:

@legsmechanical said:
    Truly horrific things happen all over the planet every day, and whitey gets emotional over part of an old building going up in smoke. I truly can't get my mind around all this nonsense.

1.) These things aren’t binary. People can mourn multiple things at once.

2.) It may be unimportant to you, but that old building has been a part of many people’s lives their whole life. It’s a part of France’s cultural fabric.

3.) The way in which you bring race into this comes across as exceptionally bigoted. There’s no place for that here.

Meh.

• The reason why it has touched a raw nerve in me is that I see Notre Dame as a monument of the church's power over the years, the oppression it has excerted over the lesser humans etc, etc. Church, politics, power, wealth. Beauty of a building juxtaposed with a true tragedy of humanity.

There's no way (for me) to view this in isolation from the history.

The destruction of the whole coutry/culture of Syria has been a result of the same nightmarish struggle between tectonic plates of power which Notre Dame symbolises if you know your history.

I'm not saying that appreciation of architectural beauty is wrong it's just in different people it triggers different feelings. These things are heavily intertwined and not parallel (binary) as someone said earlier. Generally distruction is negative but can also be cathartic.

• The Notre Dame is the centerpiece of fond memories for tens of millions of people. Most of these memories have nothing to do with religion, but just with them sharing a good time with people they care about in a beautiful location. Nostalgia and good memories are precious and valuable. Seeing the backdrop for these memories burn down to ashes hurts on a personal level.

There is no need to bring religion or politics or other tangential stuff into it.

• Apparently they may be able to use Assasins Creed to help with the repairs .

• @brambos said:
    The Notre Dame is the centerpiece of fond memories for tens of millions of people. Most of these memories have nothing to do with religion, but just with them sharing a good time with people they care about in a beautiful location. Nostalgia and good memories are precious and valuable. Seeing the backdrop for these memories burn down to ashes hurts on a personal level.

There is no need to bring religion or politics or other tangential stuff into it.

I didn’t bring religion and politics into Notre Dame, they were both there since its conception.

If you feel my comments detract from your romantic view of the building please feel free to ignore them.

• edited April 2019

Notre Dame is an amazing work of civilization, architecture, and art. I wish I had the chance to see it in my lifetime. Every one of us as artists can recognize the magnitude of loss here,

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s a tragic loss, which obviously will be rebuilt but I can’t help feeling uncomfortable at the millions pledged to help the rebuild from various rich individuals.
    Surely it would be more Christian to utilise that money to feed and help those in need.

• @e121 said:
    It's been said ancient Israel is a prophetic foreshadowing, yada yada yada...

Not again, if you really feel the need to preach, go practise your ministry on a street corner somewhere.

• @CRAKROX said:

@e121 said:
    It's been said ancient Israel is a prophetic foreshadowing, yada yada yada...

Not again, if you really feel the need to preach, go practise your ministry on a street corner somewhere.

You said this directly under a message in which you preached what Christians should do with their money. Weird.

• Shame to see what was lost, but I can’t help thinking the World would be a much better place if politicians got as upset at the staggering loss of plant and animal species that’s occurring, and the environmental catastrophes their policies are causing, as they have over one cathedral roof.

• edited April 2019

The most important / impressive thing about this for me isn't the religious or architectural loss, but the fact that Notre Dame is a "witness to the development of civilization and culture".

That building stood there for almost a thousand (!) years, essentially half of modern human civilization, and was host to several very important events, decisions etc. that had profound effects on history.

It's just a bit unsettling that it has survived several world wars, "standard" wars, revolutions, etc. and now, in our supposedly "modern" HEALTHANDSAFETY time almost gets destroyed by supposedly a short circuit.

So maybe all those amazing safety standards are not working well, or maybe it wasn't accidental. (don't you think it's strange that the FIRST official statement, when the cathedral wasn't even fully ablaze yet, was along the lines of "We have no idea what happened, but we're almost ABSOLUTELY SURE IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!111").

Conspiracy theorist out! ;)

• edited April 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    Shame to see what was lost, but I can’t help thinking the World would be a much better place if politicians got as upset at the staggering loss of plant and animal species that’s occurring, and the environmental catastrophes their policies are causing, as they have over one cathedral roof.

Western politics is always short term thinking. It has a lot to do with how Western democracies work. They work with 4 or 5 year election cycles. Although you can critize this system the alternative is better than a dictatorship.

That said just see a case as Notre Dame as a sad incident and don't put it out of context. I agree with Bram Os, lots of good memories are attached for of lot of peopel to this building, give people a chance to "mourn" it's not more than that.

• @mannix said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Shame to see what was lost, but I can’t help thinking the World would be a much better place if politicians got as upset at the staggering loss of plant and animal species that’s occurring, and the environmental catastrophes their policies are causing, as they have over one cathedral roof.

Western politics is always short term thinking. It has a lot to do with how Western democracies work. They work with 4 or 5 year election cycles. Although you can critize this system the alternative is better than a dictatorship.

That said just see a case as Notre Dame as a sad incident and don't put it out of context. I agree with Bram Os, lots of good memories are attached for of lot of peopel to this building, give people a chance to "mourn" it's not more than that.

But it is though. If the amount of energy expelled on ‘mourning’ a single building was directed at say, the extinction of a particular species of bird - lost forever, the planet wouldn’t be as fucked up as it is.

Buildings can be repaired, not so easy with an entire ecosystem.

Not saying it’s not sad, just a bit overblown considering what else is going down.

• @CRAKROX said:
    It’s a tragic loss, which obviously will be rebuilt but I can’t help feeling uncomfortable at the millions pledged to help the rebuild from various rich individuals.

Let's face it, it's not like the Catholic Church (or almost any church) needs outside money.

Surely it would be more Christian to utilise that money to feed and help those in need.

Absolutely!

• @sch said:
    Let's face it, it's not like the Catholic Church (or almost any church) needs outside money.

Then again, Notre Dame is owned by the french state, not the Catholic church...

• edited April 2019

@lasselu said:

@sch said:

Then again, Notre Dame is owned by the french state, not the Catholic church...

Let the French government pay for it then :) (sorry French people)

• edited April 2019

I think on the whole we humans take ourselves way too seriously: our civilization, our planet, our future bollocks. We are part of the ecosystem and eventually the human empire will go as any other empire in the past, along with our religions, gods, democracies and benign dictatorships.

It's funny how we keep going about saving the planet. No, save yourselves idiots, the planet will be alright.

• @supadom said:
    I think on the whole we humans take ourselves way too seriously: our civilization, our planet, our future bollocks. We are part of the ecosystem and eventually the human empire will go as any other empire in the past, along with our religions, gods, democracies and benign dictatorships.

It's funny how we keep going about saving the planet. No, save yourselves idiots, the planet will be alright.

Lol

• This thread is a parody. Most of the comments are so over the top, the writers could not have been serious when they wrote them. Aside from a few, the contributions have been absolute drivel. I fear for the future of this forum.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mannix said:

@MonzoPro said:

But it is though. If the amount of energy expelled on ‘mourning’ a single building was directed at say, the extinction of a particular species of bird - lost forever, the planet wouldn’t be as fucked up as it is.

Not saying it’s not sad, just a bit overblown considering what else is going down.

If we talk about wasted energy. You can say this of a lot of things of course. From soccer matches to gigs of superstars. And the energy it and resources it costs to build the arena's where it all plays. Some people even say that stadium are the modern churches. Anyway people have feelings too. Life goes on.

• edited April 2019

@Beathoven said:
    This thread is a parody. Most of the comments are so over the top, the writers could not have been serious when they wrote them. Aside from a few, the contributions have been absolute drivel. I fear for the future of this forum.

Well, not sure where you stand on this but the moment 'rip ND' hit the stage there was nothing left to collect from the battlefield.

Discussions get heated because the subjects are loaded. It's only human to treat them with due importance within the given context. Rip Notre Dame... No... Rip all of those who built it. Anyway I think the whole ooopla about it is because they raised so much money to rebuild it while the whole western world is in longevity crisis where companies get fat and governments are in dire straights. I guess it is a question of bad governance but we definitely need intergovernmental cooperation to bring corporate tax evasion in check. Phew sorry, it all just came outs... Had a few drinks etc. :)

Just ignore... I'm mixing shit up like no tomorrow. Its fun tho. Hipeuly nobody gets offended... Esp the religious types... What was that line... Write drunk and edit sober? I'll edit it tomorrow ;)

• @mannix said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mannix said:

@MonzoPro said:

If we talk about wasted energy. You can say this of a lot of things of course. From soccer matches to gigs of superstars. And the energy it and resources it costs to build the arena's where it all plays. Some people even say that stadium are the modern churches. Anyway people have feelings too. Life goes on.

Of course they do, and we must respect their feelings of loss over the roof of this building. But in the meantime:

“The scarcity of water is a result of numerous factors such as climate change, altered weather patterns, pollution, and the overall poor management of the accessible supply. ... It is recorded that France is receiving over 60% less rainfall and that its water levels have been at their lowest for over fifty years”

My issue is with the hypocrisy of world leaders expressing grief over the cathedral fire, whilst aggressively pursuing policies that will increase the risk of devastating fires across the country as a whole.

Life goes on, but not as we know it Jim.