PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Launchpad Pro help needed

Hi figured someone here might be able to throw some light on this. I am using a Launchpad Pro in standalone mode. I am using a Yamaha MD-BT01 as a midi wireless transmiter and an Ipad to receive and Play . Only note mode lights up and I have to put it into setup mode to access Session, Device and User. Is this normal? I do not possess a lighten to usb so hence the midi adapter. I have a Mac if I plug it in to the Mac will all the controls become available? and should I get a lightening to Usb connector and connect directly to the Ipad?
Hope somebody can understand me, since I am a complete newbe to the Launchpad and I don’t know what I should be receiving.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• @Metalman said:
    Hi figured someone here might be able to throw some light on this. I am using a Launchpad Pro in standalone mode. I am using a Yamaha MD-BT01 as a midi wireless transmiter and an Ipad to receive and Play . Only note mode lights up and I have to put it into setup mode to access Session, Device and User. Is this normal? I do not possess a lighten to usb so hence the midi adapter. I have a Mac if I plug it in to the Mac will all the controls become available? and should I get a lightening to Usb connector and connect directly to the Ipad?
    Hope somebody can understand me, since I am a complete newbe to the Launchpad and I don’t know what I should be receiving.
    Thank you in advance.

Yes this is normal. I use setup to switch modes all the time. Only note and fader modes work on iOS. Session is only Ableton and bitwig etc.

• Cheers, just worried I had a dodgy unit. Thanks for your quick reply.

• @Metalman said:
    Thank you in advance.

Try just powering up and connecting cables in a different order or plug in power before turning on, etc....don't have other apps open especially like the Launchpad app when you plug in.

Just my experience w Novation gear oddities.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Metalman said:
    Thank you in advance.

Try just powering up and connecting cables in a different order or plug in power before turning on, etc....don't have other apps open especially like the Launchpad app when you plug in.

Just my experience w Novation gear oddities.

His unit is working fine. Session mode doesn't light up in iOS or when you use it to control external hardware.