Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad Pro help needed

Hi figured someone here might be able to throw some light on this. I am using a Launchpad Pro in standalone mode. I am using a Yamaha MD-BT01 as a midi wireless transmiter and an Ipad to receive and Play . Only note mode lights up and I have to put it into setup mode to access Session, Device and User. Is this normal? I do not possess a lighten to usb so hence the midi adapter. I have a Mac if I plug it in to the Mac will all the controls become available? and should I get a lightening to Usb connector and connect directly to the Ipad?
Hope somebody can understand me, since I am a complete newbe to the Launchpad and I don’t know what I should be receiving.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• @Metalman said:
    Hi figured someone here might be able to throw some light on this. I am using a Launchpad Pro in standalone mode. I am using a Yamaha MD-BT01 as a midi wireless transmiter and an Ipad to receive and Play . Only note mode lights up and I have to put it into setup mode to access Session, Device and User. Is this normal? I do not possess a lighten to usb so hence the midi adapter. I have a Mac if I plug it in to the Mac will all the controls become available? and should I get a lightening to Usb connector and connect directly to the Ipad?
    Hope somebody can understand me, since I am a complete newbe to the Launchpad and I don’t know what I should be receiving.
    Thank you in advance.

Yes this is normal. I use setup to switch modes all the time. Only note and fader modes work on iOS. Session is only Ableton and bitwig etc.

• Cheers, just worried I had a dodgy unit. Thanks for your quick reply.

• @Metalman said:
    Thank you in advance.

Try just powering up and connecting cables in a different order or plug in power before turning on, etc....don't have other apps open especially like the Launchpad app when you plug in.

Just my experience w Novation gear oddities.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Metalman said:
    Thank you in advance.

Try just powering up and connecting cables in a different order or plug in power before turning on, etc....don't have other apps open especially like the Launchpad app when you plug in.

Just my experience w Novation gear oddities.

His unit is working fine. Session mode doesn't light up in iOS or when you use it to control external hardware.