Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Bandit by Frederic Corvest

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

I don't think I'd ever use it as a send effect. That thought had never even occurred to me. But a dry/wet control should probably be a part of any FX, come to think of it.

• If you want to use it on a send you could always set the send to pre fader then turn the dry track down. One advantage of a send over using it as an insert is that you can send multiple tracks to one instance of the plug in for creative or cpu reasons.

• @Samu @wim @klownshed
    Hi there guys thanks for the reply.
    @klownshed is definitely right on using it for multiple tracks. That’s what I was tryIng to do.
    I wanted all my drum tracks to have the same settings.
    Unfortunately in Cubasis I don’t think Cubasis has the pre fader option.

• @gregsmith said:

@audio_DT said:

@carbonchris said:
    This app though. Its become a staple.

Agreed. I use it in every single project, without fail. All his apps - every one of them - are great. Mind you, I confess that I’ve never really got Envolver doing anything interesting. But I’m sure it’s still great - it’s just me not knowing how to use it properly 😇

Try feeding a drum track into it then use the midi out to ‘play’ the filter cutoff on a synth 😉

Cheers, will do

• Thank you all for your great feedback and support, really appreciated.

Here is the official demo, some presets are presented.

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Thank you all for your great feedback and support, really appreciated.

Here is the official demo, some presets are presented.

good lord they sound sweet

• @FredAntonCorvest Thank you not only for building such a great plugin, but also for taking the time to provide these nice presets. Sunclub Reverb or Poly LOFI Stereo Delay? 💣

• Dear Fred,
    from now on this is my favourite effect app. Like, ever.
    Why couldn't you invent it one or two years earlier? Would have saved me a lot of Euros. Everything is so ... usable. Right from the start.

Thank you. BTW, this app is to cheap for what it can do.

Yours, sincerely,
    LK

(Now tell me a way how to use it in Gadget...😜)

• @divmod said:
    @FredAntonCorvest Thank you not only for building such a great plugin, but also for taking the time to provide these nice presets. Sunclub Reverb or Poly LOFI Stereo Delay? 💣

Glad to read that you love the presets too!
    It's a very very important step for me in the design of a fx.

I spend a lot of time in this phase, I'm very self-criticism and I try to avoid redundancy and keep focusing on originality.
    Most of the time you should find something that fit your needs and requires very little tuning.

• @LeonKowalski said:
    Dear Fred,
    from now on this is my favourite effect app. Like, ever.
    Why couldn't you invent it one or two years earlier? Would have saved me a lot of Euros. Everything is so ... usable. Right from the start.

Thank you. BTW, this app is to cheap for what it can do.

Yours, sincerely,
    LK

(Now tell me a way how to use it in Gadget...😜)

Whooooo really appreciated, it means a lot! Thanks!
    Why? because I was designing Fac Chorus, Maxima, Transient and Envolver :D

• @FredAntonCorvest Just digging into the new reverb and presets...love it!!! With Bandit and Maxima together my drums are sounding massive!

• Anybody else using this not so much as an effect but a primary instrument almost to warp a track into something very trippy and unique? The synced pre-delays on the reverbs are so nice

• IAPs belatedly P’d. Cheers Fred.

• Updating the feed with fresh and super nice contents B)

• FAC Bandit and FAC Chorus are in all my projects. But all the @FredAntonCorvest ones are must have. I got the bundle for 18€ during the last sale, a great deal!

• This app is a legend for me!

• @FredAntonCorvest, if your plate is clear please consider adding some "pitch detection" to FAC Envolver
    so it can support the MIDI Drum Trigger use case. If it can discriminate on pitch it could send bass and snare MIDI notes for specific transient impulses. With fine tuned pitch detection it could serve as a MIDI converter for voice and acoustic instruments but I'd be happy with something to replace Impaktor as a
    "mic-based" hand drumming input app... just tapping different spots on the iPad or using different materials to create the "pitched" transients for trigger detection.

You could also spin this feature up as a more focused app for hand drummers and a low cost drum set midi trigger app and just leave FAC Envolver "as is" for side-chaining and other effective MIDI FX use cases.

• edited February 2020

@FredAntonCorvest Shot in the dark: would you consider adding a series routing mode to Bandit as an IAP? (I mean, an option to turn off multiband, and use Bandit as a simple series multifx unit.) I find myself reaching for bandit even when I only want single band fx because the effects are fantastic, and the vertical UX on the phone is phenomenal. It strikes me that the option of creating series effect chains within Bandit would make it the ultimate one stop AUv3 creative fx box, especially on iPhone!

Regardless, Bandit is bananas! Thanks for your fantastic plugins!

• @royor said:
    Said it before and I’ll say it again.. FAC Bandit is absolutely killer on drums!! With the new delay IAP, you can just slap Bandit on a normal stereo drum track and NOT have ANY delay on the kick 🥁 (unless you really want it). The frequency separation within Bandit combined with these new delays are the PB+J for all sorts of percussion shenanigans .. 🤪

well that’sa dang clever idea!!

• @reasOne said:

@royor said:
    Said it before and I’ll say it again.. FAC Bandit is absolutely killer on drums!! With the new delay IAP, you can just slap Bandit on a normal stereo drum track and NOT have ANY delay on the kick 🥁 (unless you really want it). The frequency separation within Bandit combined with these new delays are the PB+J for all sorts of percussion shenanigans .. 🤪

well that’sa dang clever idea!!

It’s still my 1st choice for FX on a drum loop.. it’s SO versatile..
    Changing the frequencies, changes the loop.. change the preset.. rinse + repeat..
    And it’s different for pretty much EVERY loop.. I ❤️ FAC Bandit!

• I forgot to mention the soloing + muting of the frequency bands with drum loops.. super cool + easy to use as a fill or break section..
    Have I mentioned that I ❤️ FAC Bandit lately?

• @FredAntonCorvest, hi! Thank you for your hard work! I didn't found in docs what parameters are controllable by MIDI? (Not just in Bandit but in Envolver and other apps too)

• @royor said:
    I forgot to mention the soloing + muting of the frequency bands with drum loops.. super cool + easy to use as a fill or break section..
    Have I mentioned that I ❤️ FAC Bandit lately?

This was my last FAC purchase. You are spot on to how useful this app is!

• This came up in a thread by @reasOne -- imagine Bandit with multi-out...😍

• @auxmux said:
    This came up in a thread by @reasOne -- imagine Bandit with multi-out...😍

Yes!!!!!!!

• @jolico said:

@auxmux said:

Yes!!!!!!!

What would be even more amazing would be multiple inputs after the outputs so you could run them like inserts out to external effects and them recombine (and / or not recombine).

Super bonus points (aka IAP $s) for the ability to place the internal effects either before or after these inserts!

• @aplourde said:

@jolico said:

@auxmux said:

Yes!!!!!!!

What would be even more amazing would be multiple inputs after the outputs so you could run them like inserts out to external effects and them recombine (and / or not recombine).

Super bonus points (aka IAP $s) for the ability to place the internal effects either before or after these inserts!

Even better. What if bandit could host AuV3s?

• @jolico said:

@aplourde said:

@jolico said:

@auxmux said:

Yes!!!!!!!

AUv3's can't be hosts of other AUv3's.

• @espiegel123 said:

@jolico said:

@aplourde said:

@jolico said:

@auxmux said:

Yes!!!!!!!

AUv3's can't be hosts of other AUv3's.

Yet?