Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Bandit by Frederic Corvest

Comments

• Anyone using this on an iPad Pro 11 with GarageBand? Some of the presets work - very nice! - but some crash GarageBand so much it needs closing in the multitasking page and restarting.

• @AtticusL said:
    Anyone using this on an iPad Pro 11 with GarageBand? Some of the presets work - very nice! - but some crash GarageBand so much it needs closing in the multitasking page and

I could test this but I am away from iPad for another few hours. Can you narrow down? Which presets will wreck it? Thanks

• @david_2017 said:

@AtticusL said:
    Anyone using this on an iPad Pro 11 with GarageBand? Some of the presets work - very nice! - but some crash GarageBand so much it needs closing in the multitasking page and

I could test this but I am away from iPad for another few hours. Can you narrow down? Which presets will wreck it? Thanks

Cheers. Seems whenever I change a preset a loud clicking noise starts and carries on until I close the song. A few times I can’t get any sound out of the iPad after this, playing music or YouTube etc, have to switch off and back on until the audio works. I’ll try reinstalling.

• @AtticusL said:

@david_2017 said:

@AtticusL said:

Cheers. Seems whenever I change a preset a loud clicking noise starts and carries on until I close the song. A few times I can’t get any sound out of the iPad after this, playing music or YouTube etc, have to switch off and back on until the audio works. I’ll try reinstalling.

Strange I use GarageBand a lot, please send me a private message with your mail for TestFlight. I'll register you, then you could get the app from TestFlight and I'll monitor the issue :)

• @gregsmith said:
    In stagelight on iPhone, it’s cutoff top and bottom, and I can’t scroll up and down like I can left and right. See screenshot below. Maxima is exactly the same which I was going to report to you. Also it would be really good if the knobs showed what setting they were on as I can’t see the value without scrolling to the left on maxima.

The next FAC Bandit update is about views :)
    Please who's the dev behind stagelight ? Do you know if the host supports view configuration management?

• @AtticusL meanwhile could you please:

• Restart your iPad
    • Start a new GarageBand project
    • Add a track and add FAC Bandit (Same scenario that lead to crash)
    • Select the parameters view (you know the one with all the automatic parameters sliders)
    • Go over the presets, using the menu provided by Garage Band

Thx :)

• Thx all for the great feedbacks, really appreciated :)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    @AtticusL meanwhile could you please:

• Restart your iPad
    • Start a new GarageBand project
    • Add a track and add FAC Bandit (Same scenario that lead to crash)
    • Select the parameters view (you know the one with all the automatic parameters sliders)
    • Go over the presets, using the menu provided by Garage Band

Thx :)

Thanks for replying! Did all you said, worked great until I tried single bit filter. After that switching to any other preset didn’t work and I had to close the song. Presets sound great though, I’m probably doing something wrong.

• Love it. So nice playing with the high end and muting the bands.

• Here is my video for FAC Bandit

• @AtticusL
    I cannot confirm your crashes in GB. Was changing presets like crazy and setting up parameters and changing values and everything. No crash here on my iPad Pro
    But I think you are free of crashes too by now?!? ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    @AtticusL
    I cannot confirm your crashes in GB. Was changing presets like crazy and setting up parameters and changing values and everything. No crash here on my iPad Pro

Thanks for testing David. Nah, I start a new song, record a few piano notes with the standard GarageBand piano, I add Bandit to it, change a preset, sound cuts out entirely and I have to restart my iPad to get sound out of any app! I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve messed up somehow.

• edited April 2019

@AtticusL said:

@david_2017 said:
    @AtticusL

Thanks for testing David. Nah, I start a new song, record a few piano notes with the standard GarageBand piano, I add Bandit to it, change a preset, sound cuts out entirely and I have to restart my iPad to get sound out of any app! I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve messed up somehow.

Will try piano. Used the drumming lady for my test...

Edit. Piano. Played some chords. No problems. Changing smoothly all presets and paras. I am sorry man... this will be sorted out soon 👍🏼

• @david_2017 said:

@AtticusL said:

@david_2017 said:
    @AtticusL

Will try piano. Used the drumming lady for my test...

Edit. Piano. Played some chords. No problems. Changing smoothly all presets and paras. I am sorry man... this will be sorted out soon 👍🏼

No really, thanks for answering. If it’s only me then I must have messed something up.

@gregsmith said:
    In stagelight on iPhone, it’s cutoff top and bottom, and I can’t scroll up and down like I can left and right. See screenshot below. Maxima is exactly the same which I was going to report to you. Also it would be really good if the knobs showed what setting they were on as I can’t see the value without scrolling to the left on maxima.

The next FAC Bandit update is about views :)
    Please who's the dev behind stagelight ? Do you know if the host supports view configuration management?

@MatthewAtStagelight is the dev. Not sure about view config management. You can set different zoom levels but this didn’t help in my case.

• It's just a matter of time but here an idea about how the view management will be handled in FAC apps B) And yes the first is FacBandit (TestFlight in Review) :)

It's just a matter of time but here an idea about how the view management will be handled in FAC apps B) And yes the first is FacBandit (TestFlight in Review) :)

Wow, it looks really good 😊 👍

• edited April 2019

i really REALLY love this plugin. Especially hard saturator on extreme settings, just beautiful distortion... this plugin goes instantly to my TOP 10 best plugins on iOS.. i have installed actually just 12 effect plugins on my iPad but 3 of them are FAC stuff :))

• Options to transform the view from horizontal to vertical (or vice versa) will be an excellent addition to an already excellent suite of apps. Thank you @FredAntonCorvest
    Was using Bandit with Poison 202 inside Midi Guitar 2 the other day.. Whoa!! Too much fun! It's my new favorite effect. Love the instant muting OR soloing of the 3 bands.. SO many sound sculpting possibilities..

• edited April 2019

Wow I just bought this. The price said $8.99 and my credit card was immediately billed $18.10 by iTunes what in the world.

Edit: never mind it looks like it queued up my bassalicious 2 purchase from a few days ago and combined it with this 😂

• tjatja
    edited April 2019

I just don't understand what Apple is ALWAYS doing with the bundles:

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

You probably bought FAC Maxima and FAC Chorus at a discount. It’s probably only giving you credit for what you paid, not the current price of the purchased apps.

Let’s say the apps were 10 € each = 40 € if bought separately, but the bundle is 30 €.

Now let’s say you bought two of the apps for only 1 € each. To get the bundle you somehow have to pay the full 30 €. If you only paid 2 € so far, then the remainder is 28 €.

To you it looks like the bundle should cost 20 € or less but to do that, they’d have to credit you more than you actually paid for the two apps.

So, for you, it’s cheaper not to buy the bundle. But not, I think, due to a math error - but because they are clever enough not to credit you more than you paid for the apps.

Apple should be smarter and just not allow the bundle purchase if it would be more expensive. And they should provide a breakdown of the pricing so this is more clear.

(Of course, if you didn’t buy those apps at a discount, then my logic above is totally off!)

• tjatja
    edited April 2019

@wim said:
    You probably bought FAC Maxima and FAC Chorus at a discount. It’s probably only giving you credit for what you paid, not the current price.

That is not the purpose of a bundle.
    It is not interesting at what prices I got 2 of 4 Apps or any other number from any other bundle.

A bundle is a psychological method to get people to buy something because they have already bought some part and see a way to spend less than the sum of the parts.

Asking MORE than the sum is just stupid.
    And asking the SAME just does not produce the wanted effect!

You want people so say "Oh wow, I can get a discount - let's buy this, even if I normally would not".

And Apple simply misses this.

It's simple as that - what you wrote may be the reasoning of Apple, but it is just wrong and fruitless.

Even a 1 Euro discount would get me to buy the bundle, just to support FAC, even as I don't see me using those two Apps.

Anyway, Apple has many strange thoughts and makes strange decisions.

:smile:

• @tja said:
    And Apple simply misses this.

No disagreement there.

• F*cking hell yeah !! Instabuy !! Fred maniac :))

• Has anyone tried using this as a ring mod yet?
    If so, how do you find it?

• @TimRussell said:
    Has anyone tried using this as a ring mod yet?
    If so, how do you find it?

There are 3 bands of interest in the App:

Low
    Mid
    High

In each you can load an FX from a list of 10 FX'es.

On the bottom of each list you will find 2 Ring Modulator choices:

RM 01 - Single Ring Modulator
    RM 02 - Dual Ring Modulator

There's also a preset called "Ring Bot Vox".

I'll let someone with Ring Mod experience weigh in on the quality of the Effect.
    I try not to use Ring Mod's as a general practice preferring more subtle FX.

• @FredAntonCorvest i hope to see Bandit get a Master Compressor IAP. :)