Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Bandit by Frederic Corvest

Comments

• @samu Can't say more about the next fxs :)

Regarding the pre/post switch => The audio signal is split into three bands of frequencies defined by an adjustable crossover points, so if you have one LOFI per band (L,M,H) the input of each band is already pre filtered.

The midi note control of the ring mod freq is definitely a feature planed from the very beginning, ohhh yes. Will come in future updates as usual. But not the one that will follow the release version. Maybe the next one or so.

ha ha cool for the design! Not fan of the dark side? :D

Guys the deal ends soon :)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

ha ha cool for the design! Not fan of the dark side? :D

Depends, it's all about contrast and usability.
    Kinda fed up with dark backgrounds and gazillions of small objects made up of thin lines which are almost impossible to touch and when one finally manages to touch the object the values get covered by the finger or 'pen tip' :D
    (And when 'scaled down' to the iPhone size-screens they are practically un-usable).

• I know UI is partly a matter of taste, but I really like the 4 pockets design.

• edited April 2019

I think the only thing I would change about the others is the layout, so they would look like they do on the website (vertical stacking as opposed to long horizontal strip).

Edit: ah, adn maybe not have the name of the app taking a big chunk of space at the top

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I know UI is partly a matter of taste, but I really like the 4 pockets design.

Same. They are excellent.

• I like FAC's rotary controls, subdued color scheme, and overall aesthetics. I do wish their UI would use more of the screen when expanded.

I find the 4pockets colors to be comparatively "loud" and I also wish their UI would use more of the screen when expanded. The big complaint I have about 4pockets is the scrolling panels. I find these fickle and hard to use.

• I much prefer the FAC design over 4pockets although I do wish both would use expanded view as well. :)

• Ive got BANDIT...just downloaded

• edited April 2019

@FredAntonCorvest First impressions..where are the threshold controls? I feel it needs a threshold to control all three bands globally and global lofi /saturate effect which can be applied to all 3 bands. Early days still testing it out.
    I do like the current options of controlling in each band though. Testing testing
    I think some 3 vertical LED’s for each band could be added to see visually whats going on and a Master Volume LED too.
    The UI is really good be nice to see this interface style updated to your other apps too

• edited April 2019

@FredAntonCorvest excellent Low Frequency range WOW :-) very good
    Edit : my mistake regarding above comment . I thought it was a MultiBand compressor. Really like the results Iam testing. LED’s though would help.

• edited April 2019

Still showing as a pre-order here in the western US. Can’t wait to play with it.

• Out in UK now, tried it out on my 808 apps and keys very good adds a lot of flavour.

• Hey Mr Fred, this looks great, def will buy...

I am curious if you have pondered creating a filterbank to rival something like the Sherman Filterbank 2. I would trust you for the task, and def buy it. Even the Sherman is a bit dated, but there isn't really much like it on iOS. Anyhow, I like Apefilter, but I know we could go deeper!

TBH, filter / distortion seems a tad under repped on eye yo ess. I am so over bitcrushing, no more bitcrushers for a while devs :smile:

• Just noticed it arrived on my iPad. I’m in CST. Jumping in now!

• @rezidue said:
    Just noticed it arrived on my iPad. I’m in CST. Jumping in now!

Me too! Like it so far.

• Dropped on my devices too :)

But I do wonder if we’ll ever get built-in preset management so we can share our presets between hosts? (Maybe Apple will ‘fix’ this with iOS13, who knows!?).

• edited April 2019

Just downloaded, @FredAntonCorvest the UI is shifted slightly to the right in Cubasis. This is on one of the the new 10.5” Airs with iOS 12.2. Doesn’t happen in AUM.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can just scroll to fix the positioning. :) Didn’t know you could do that in Cubasis.

• @stormbeats said:
    @FredAntonCorvest excellent Low Frequency range WOW :-) very good
    Edit : my mistake regarding above comment . I thought it was a MultiBand compressor. Really like the results Iam testing. LED’s though would help.

Yes, LED may help indeed :)

@Samu said:
    Dropped on my devices too :)

But I do wonder if we’ll ever get built-in preset management so we can share our presets between hosts? (Maybe Apple will ‘fix’ this with iOS13, who knows!?).

Already supported, fire AUM load FAC Bandit, tweak to taste, long press the preset title, select "Save Preset As" and save to "TEST". Close AUM, fire ApeMatrix, load FAC Bandit, select "USER: Test".

@e121 said:
    Just downloaded, @FredAntonCorvest the UI is shifted slightly to the right in Cubasis. This is on one of the the new 10.5” Airs with iOS 12.2. Doesn’t happen in AUM.

Already in contact with Steinberg, a fix is planned.

• @FredAntonCorvest you are on fire 👊🏼😎

• Used it a bit already and it will get plenty of use in my app FX rotation.

• edited April 2019

Hi @FredAntonCorvest really looking forward to playing with this.

In stagelight on iPhone, it’s cutoff top and bottom, and I can’t scroll up and down like I can left and right. See screenshot below. Maxima is exactly the same which I was going to report to you. Also it would be really good if the knobs showed what setting they were on as I can’t see the value without scrolling to the left on maxima.

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

Already supported, fire AUM load FAC Bandit, tweak to taste, long press the preset title, select "Save Preset As" and save to "TEST". Close AUM, fire ApeMatrix, load FAC Bandit, select "USER: Test".

>

Thanks those 'long taps' or 'double taps' are not always super obvious...
    But thanks, it works :)

• My initial experience just selecting FX and turning knobs is:

This is like ReAmp with knobs that can go to 11 for tone shaping a single (Amp Sim)
    This is like a massive Menu of Multi-FX (Ring Mod, Bit-crush)

Another brilliant GUI to layer excellent DSP modules.

• @FredAntonCorvest if can develope a version of Bandit with a Compressor built in ..this could be the much needed iOS Channel Strip . I would happily pay $$$ £££ for this. :-)

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@stormbeats said:
    @FredAntonCorvest if can develope a version of Bandit with a Compressor built in ..this could be the much needed iOS Channel Strip . I would happily pay $$$ £££ for this. :-)

Good description: "Channel Strip" using more audio mangling than the Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, EQ line-up.

Slipping "FAC Maxima" before or after FAC Bandit should work for now.

• My wife will be presented with a huuuuge diesel bill after my Easter road trip, to cover app expenses 😂

• @Kühl said:
    My wife will be presented with a huuuuge diesel bill after my Easter road trip, to cover app expenses 😂

Black Friday was huge for me. This time I had almost everything already. Still, I managed to
    find things I must have even tho' many were not on sale.

I love the FAC Products but I have to admit I buy them and it takes someone to explain to me how to use it. He offered everything on sale at Black Friday and I had several that I haven't used yet. Someone told me that FAC Envolver could convert Impulses to Notes (like Impaktor) and I went crazy finding use cases including playing with sticks on a drum pad into
    a BeatHawk Snare Drum.

So, FAC announced Bandit Pre-sale and I thought I'll get it so save $5.50 now.
    I've been on the trail of "amp sims" and FAC Bandit is like an Amp Sim with all the
    cool FX rather than just reverb, delay, (yawn), etc. It seems to have buckets of distortion options so many it will work for guitarists... I got buried in counter-opinions when I declared
    Stark to be amazing. Turns out it's not. Who knew? I play clean tones and it's good for that in an AU interface. The other aspects are all shite, they say.

So, my opinion of Bandit might get a yellow card by the end of the week (I wonder if I got that right using a "Footie" reference?)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Out in UK now, tried it out on my 808 apps and keys very good adds a lot of flavour.

What 808 apps do you have? Are they auv3?

• @McD said:

So, FAC announced Bandit Pre-sale and I thought I'll get it so save $5.50 now.
    I've been on the trail of "amp sims" and FAC Bandit is like an Amp Sim with all the
    cool FX rather than just reverb, delay, (yawn), etc. It seems to have buckets of distortion

That's good to hear it has more then reverb and delay, I feel like I'm pretty set on those in terms of send effects... I like a small amount of distortion to make my synths and instruments sound a bit more hardware like so this maybe a payday grab!

@stormbeats said:
    @FredAntonCorvest if can develope a version of Bandit with a Compressor built in ..this could be the much needed iOS Channel Strip . I would happily pay $$$ £££ for this. :-)

good call!!!!

• Wow this is a really impressive effect. The processing between the separate bands sounds suuuuper clean. This will be my new goto to beef up drums.