Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSEM as AU -- now with CC64 functionality!

I stay up at night and think of iSEM. Love this synth so much.

Unfortunately it does not work with a sustain pedal when used as an AU. For months I resolved to mapping my pedal to open up the Decay when depressed -- really wack solution btw.

But I found this and it works amazingly, so I thought to share it:
http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/611/sustainnotes-delay-depending-sustain-pedal

I really need to experiment more with StreamByter. Clearly it can do some MIDI magic. :smiley:

Have fun with iSEM! It is incredible. Don't forget to make your own patches and save them in AB3 as User Presets to access via MIDI -- an amazing feature!!

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@cnsg_music said:
    I stay up at night and think of iSEM. Love this synth so much.

Unfortunately it does not work with a sustain pedal when used as an AU. For months I resolved to mapping my pedal to open up the Decay when depressed -- really wack solution btw.

But I found this and it works amazingly, so I thought to share it:
    http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/611/sustainnotes-delay-depending-sustain-pedal

I really need to experiment more with StreamByter. Clearly it can do some MIDI magic. :smiley:

Have fun with iSEM! It is incredible. Don't forget to make your own patches and save them in AB3 as User Presets to access via MIDI -- an amazing feature!!

@_Ki wrote that script to help the NS2 users complaining about the sustain pedal issues.
    It works for them but only outside NS when running in MidiFire. The MIDI FX routing in NS2 doesn't forward to Obsidian I think. Could be changed but "Audio" tracks is more important.

I don't think Moog ever made a "sustain pedal" and Beethoven never played a Moog.
    But with StreamByter we can route Beethoven into a rack of synths. Mind blown. It sustains me.

• I respect the history of synths and that some were never intended to be used with a sustain pedal. But for what I like to do on keys, I absolutely need one! :smiley:

• @cnsg_music said:
    I respect the history of synths and that some were never intended to be used with a sustain pedal. But for what I like to do on keys, I absolutely need one! :smiley:

Me too. Historically it was too hard to implement. It took years to give users more than 1 note and the sustain can allow dozens of notes to sound simultaneously like running your fingers across the keys with that pedal down.

There are many user's here that avoid keyboards and those extra controllers entirely and
    start/stop notes with sequencers, generators and pre-defined audio and MIDI Loops.

What @_Ki does in his script is so clever:

Recognize the Sustain Down event and filter out the "Note Offs" when you lift keys but make a list of those Notes.

Then send the List of Notes "Note Offs" when the pedal is lifted.

I have a friend that grabbed a Sustain Pedal with the wrong polarity for a vacation so I wrote
    a script to invert the meaning of the pedal's messages. He never used it and I can't tell when he plays. That would drive me crazy but buying/loading StreamByter for Cubasis was a bridge too far for him.