Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland Guide to Synthesis

edited April 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

Continuing the trend of sharing little treasures I've found lurking in the far corners of my hard drives, this one's an absolute beauty.

Back in 1979, Roland released a bunch of guides (sold in music hardware stores) covering synthesis and electronic music more generally.

The foundation and two volumes titled 'Practical Synthesis for Electronic Music' are the real gold but to share them without it being the complete set seemed somehow wrong.

So enjoy:

Download - Roland - Guide to Synthesis

And thanks for this gem go to Chris Randall (Audio Damage), who shared these 7 years ago on his now defunct blog Analog Industries. I had a little rant ref AD in a thread regarding Axon 2 the other day, but that doesn't mean that I don't have uber respect for their work over the years.

If you're not familiar with the Analog Industries blog, I've linked to Chris's very first post in 2005. I highly recommend scanning through the whole archive, there's so much great content. Luckily, the blog is still being hosted even though it's now officially retired.

Analog Industries - Year Dot

Comments