Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM 304 by DesignByPaul

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1449167984

FM 304 is a set of Three 4 operator FM synths, each with integrated sequencers and onboard effects. FM 304 exposes all synth parameters with a one knob per function paradigm, allowing for quick, fun and intuitive real-time manipulation and creation of tunes and sounds.

Tech specs
— 3x four op FM synth
— 3x LFO
— 3x 16 step sequencer
— Effects: delay, reverb, chorus
— 100 save slots
— 8 algorithms
— Note frequency quantize

Comments

• Been beta testing it it's different !

• Go on....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Been beta testing it it's different !

Ha! If ever there was a comment to make folks sit the hell back down on the fence that would be it :)

• Is it just standalone?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Been beta testing it it's different !

Ha! If ever there was a comment to make folks sit the hell back down on the fence that would be it :)

I wouldn’t get off the fence for this one. Not my sort of jump to app. The screen is to busy, no connectivity as yet. Ok if you are just after a sound module for background sounds that’s about it.

• edited April 2019

I beta tested this one too. It’s kind of like tweaking modules that are all interconnected with each other and with sequencers.

You can twiddle your way to some interesting sounds, but I don’t think there’s any way to record and no connectivity. At least there’s not in the last beta. I asked about that a couple times and never got a reply.

I really like it and it’s something I’d likely buy if it had either recording with export, or preferably IAA/AB3

Maybe it got recording and/or connectivity sometime between the last beta build and release? There haven’t been any updates to the beta in what seems like a couple months.

• @skiphunt said:
    I beta tested this one too. It’s kind of like tweaking modules that are all interconnected with each other and with sequencers.

You can twiddle your way to some interesting sounds, but I don’t think there’s any way to record and no connectivity. At least there’s not in the last beta. I asked about that a couple times and never got a reply.

I really like it and it’s something I’d likely buy if it had either recording with export, or preferably IAA/AB3

Maybe it got recording and/or connectivity sometime between the last beta build and release? There haven’t been any updates to the beta in what seems like a couple months.

Yes agreed the beta was pretty weak no many updates or changes.

• ‘Hey, when is connectivity going to be added?’

‘Dreckly...’

(Cornish joke...)

• Most of his apps are kind of unfinished. Sad.

I do like the bass drum one though. Which is on sale.

• Hello,
    Is it AUv3?

• @Jeezs said:
    Hello,
    Is it AUv3?

No. It doesn’t appear to connect with other iOS apps via IAA, Audiobus, or AU, nor can it export audio.

• With zero connectivity, why is it on iOS ? what am I supposed to do with a synth that can't connect to my set up....???

• @reasOne said:
    With zero connectivity, why is it on iOS ? what am I supposed to do with a synth that can't connect to my set up....???

I suppose with an audio interface you could feed your output into an input and record live for sampling later. Maybe build up a kit for audiolayer. Or just have fun stand alone? Hopefully he adds support for routing down the road.

• @cian said:
    Most of his apps are kind of unfinished. Sad.

This. So much this.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@cian said:
    Most of his apps are kind of unfinished. Sad.

This. So much this.

Reminds me of my songs.
    Kind of unfinished and sad.
    :D

• I am loving this! the fact its all on one screen is brilliant for FM as its normally overwhelming. This makes the noodling sound actually pretty great to me and not as random as I thought . Also, if you just forget about midi and audiobus and all that and just play with it 'as is' its amazing. I DO vote for midi though, clock at least. Cheers and Im surprised this isn't a bigger hit. Pretend its a video game in the 80s and you are a warlock with an insane touchscreen and we are living in the early 80s! haha yes

• I like the 3 sequencer thing with time divisions and lengths for poly rhythms. I swear I'm not just being opposite guy here I really love this as a fan of FM and lil synth based drum machines.

• But it’s a totally closed app isn’t it? There’s no way to use the sounds in a track? That seems like such a perverse decision for a music production app. Unless there’s more to come and this is just a stage 1 get it out there release to let people play with the sounds like you are?

• Man I'm a sucker for these kind of apps but Zero output short of cables? Harsh.

I once bought a totally closed app telling myself I'd cable-out to record and did that exactly one time.

Paul: finish your app, please!

• Wow you can change the algorithm per step?! That sounds like fun.

Gonna check back when it plays well with others.

• Only pitch and amp per step.

• Ok, so yeah I understand what you mean by closed app. This app is good enough to be in AUM and audiobus for sure. I wonder if paul is here? With these kind of apps I am running them into my keyboard amp and or recording it gangster style with cable. Sometimes instead of the cable method I have used audio share and looked under the mic/app list and found the closed app and recorded direct in to that app. Lastly and oddly I have used screen capture or that app that makes audio go thru lighting cable. I am totally just rambling how I work around these kind of apps. Another example is LH grain, so so good but closed app I think. Anyway, lets get the FM304 groove box on the bus! or midi clock and export audio?

• Even though its all on one page, I don't know what that bottom row of colored buttons are? I think its operators but then what is top red light buttons? This could also use a mini tutorial. If no videos show up I can capture my totally random FM lack of knowledge...

• @Philippe said:
    Only pitch and amp per step.

Oh. Guess I won’t be checking back at all then. 😂

• @oceansinspace said:
    Even though its all on one page, I don't know what that bottom row of colored buttons are? I think its operators but then what is top red light buttons? This could also use a mini tutorial. If no videos show up I can capture my totally random FM lack of knowledge...

I think they are step sequencer buttons aren't they?

• The way bottom buttons are something weird to me, not sure. I think this can go the way of his modular app and have at least minimal features pretty please its worth it!

• They are for notes selection (scale) played by sequencer.

Aren’t the dev around to answer those questions?

• Did this ever get AB connectivity

• Looks fun but I gotta know if you can get the audio out without going external