Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magellan in effects slot

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

Big update to Magellan just came through. Works in the effects slot now. :-))

Comments

• Yes, Magellan now becomes the reigning behemoth in the effects slot!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magellan/id544119998?mt=8

• Can't wait to try it out. I also saw the bs-16i is on the bus too!!

• I can run Animoog and Molten Drums thru Magellan effects to Loopy HD!! no problems here on iPad 2. This is going to be a lot of fun

Magellan and Animoog used to be unable to run simultaneously on my iPad. since both got a 2.0 version overhaul and audiobus, they actually play together. Thanks Audiobus guys for making our music apps be better friends :)

• The new randomisation function for the presets is AMAZING. It produces just as cool results as the similar Wavemapper function, plus it can also create random arpeggios!

• The Yonac guys were right about not being able to put down the new Magellan------ MUST KEEP
    SPAWNING !!! Really. Amazing.

• Magellan Jr. was always available in the FX slot, right? I guess I didn't realize it's big brother wasn't until now.

• This is a Great update! I played with it for a little while and loved it. I'm so happy to be a part of the Audio Bus revolution!!!

• How long has Magellan had a 'Spinal Tap' Volume knob? Has it always gone up to 11? :)

• @spookyzoo I think it's been there since day 1
    @phoenixone4 have you done any comparisons with other fx slot apps? I'm pretty impressed with Magellan's compressor and equalizer, but I don't have any of the others. For example, how does it compare to NLogSynth as fx for audiobus? Or how is the quality compared to LiveFX?

• As with hardware, different fx of the same type have different characteristics. If you have several, you probably end up with a favourite, but that doesn't mean the others don't have their uses at times. However, apps like Nlog and Magellan are so much more than just their fx section, and Live FX is more about performing on the touch pad than straight fx processing, so I'd say the functional differences between these apps are more significant than just the characteristics of the fx.