Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording di guitar in aum

Seems to be the only way to record a dry track and also monitor fx like bias at the same time. In doing this is there a way to adjust the level of the di signal before hitting the Bias Fx app?

Comments

• BIAS has an input gain, have you tried adjusting that?

• If you have a buss send from your dry channel to the bias channel, you can use the dial next to the buss send node on the dry channel.

If you have everything on a single channel, you could insert an AUM gain node before bias in the FX chain.

• FWIW, I find it useful to have my DI guitar input on one lane and bus that (pre-fader) to a bus that I put BIAS or ToneStack on. I can mute or turn the DI channel all the way down so that I only hear the amped signal in my cans and can record the raw guitar. This lets you insert gain adjustment in AUM if you don't want to make the input level adjustment in BIAS.

• That's the proper way of doing it :+1:

• AUM has an input gain adjustment for interfaces that need it. It’s in the slide-out settings panel on the right.

• @wim: what app did you use for the telestration?

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    @wim: what app did you use for the telestration?

I just used the built-in iOS photo editing tools. When editing photos you can click the “...” button to find “Markup”.

Actually I do a bit more than that so as to reduce the file size of the attachments. I have a shortcuts macro that lets me select screenshots, reduce their size, then dumps me into photos to do any editing that I want to. I typically reduce screenshots to 800px width before editing.

Other apps such as Pixelmator are useful too, but I like to stick with the built-in tools when they are good enough.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@wim You get the buttons to talk! But they don't listen. They all talk at the same time.
    Can you add the little circles that show what they are thinking? ("What a tool this clown is... Ouch. Touch screen. Touch is a verb!")

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @wim: what app did you use for the telestration?

I just used the built-in iOS photo editing tools. When editing photos you can click the “...” button to find “Markup”.

Actually I do a bit more than that so as to reduce the file size of the attachments. I have a shortcuts macro that lets me select screenshots, reduce their size, then dumps me into photos to do any editing that I want to. I typically reduce screenshots to 800px width before editing.

Other apps such as Pixelmator are useful too, but I like to stick with the built-in tools when they are good enough.

Very good tips.
    Thank you.

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@McD said:
    @wim You get the buttons to talk! But they don't listen. They all talk at the same time.
    Can you add the little circles that show what they are thinking? ("What a tool this clown is... Ouch. Touch screen. Touch is a verb!")

You’re right. Animated gifs are definitely needed! 😂
    Or I need to go to comic book artist training school.