Scythe Synthesizer by Bitmask Studio Ltd. Is free right now

13»

Comments

  • I bought all the iAP's also. It's a cool product with much potential.

  • Never crashed once. Air 1 12.2

  • Removed, reboot and re-installed Scyth. I could change 3 presets(random choice) while sound is playing without any problem. When I changed to the 4th preset the app crashed.

    Hope for a fix or good tip because I use and like Scyth very much.

  • edited April 21

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

    @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

    Air2, 12.0.1 - Yep, especially on swopping out presets.

    Same here, crashing on the presets. (IPad Pro 12.9 2017 model, IOS 12.2)

    Are notes sounding when you change presets? It seems like it is especially prone to crash if it is generating sound and the preset or wavetable changes.

    Yup, it primarily crashes for me when sound is being generated, via the latchkey, & then changing presets - the audio crackles & breaks up prior to the app quitting. Assuming it’s just a case of cpu overload as there’s clearly a fair bit going on what with it using wavetables. Fewer crashes if I remember to unlatch before swopping out.

    Personally I still really like it & feel that it has great potential, can’t regret acquiring it gratis & then having punted on a few of the expansion packs.

  • @Paul16 said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

    @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

    Air2, 12.0.1 - Yep, especially on swopping out presets.

    Same here, crashing on the presets. (IPad Pro 12.9 2017 model, IOS 12.2)

    Are notes sounding when you change presets? It seems like it is especially prone to crash if it is generating sound and the preset or wavetable changes.

    Yup, it primarily crashes for me when sound is being generated, via the latchkey, & then changing presets - the audio crackles & breaks up prior to the app quitting. Assuming it’s just a case of cpu overload as there’s clearly a fair bit going on what with it using wavetables. Fewer crashes if I remember to unlatch before swopping out.

    Same for me. I managed to browse a few presets after unlatching.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @Paul16 said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

    @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

    Air2, 12.0.1 - Yep, especially on swopping out presets.

    Same here, crashing on the presets. (IPad Pro 12.9 2017 model, IOS 12.2)

    Are notes sounding when you change presets? It seems like it is especially prone to crash if it is generating sound and the preset or wavetable changes.

    Yup, it primarily crashes for me when sound is being generated, via the latchkey, & then changing presets - the audio crackles & breaks up prior to the app quitting. Assuming it’s just a case of cpu overload as there’s clearly a fair bit going on what with it using wavetables. Fewer crashes if I remember to unlatch before swopping out.

    Same for me. I managed to browse a few presets after unlatching.

    As long as I remember to unlatch or turn off notes, I don’t get many crashes.

    I like Scythe quite a lot, and I don’t thinks it’s presets do it justice. I mostly use wavetables I’ve created with AudioShare importing. I use Twisted Wave a fair amount to hack together sequences of single-cycle waveforms grabbed from my various synths that I bring into Scythe.

    The filter delay adds a lot of character. And I pretty much always end up running Scythe through a delay and or reverb.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Paul16 said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

    @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

    Air2, 12.0.1 - Yep, especially on swopping out presets.

    Same here, crashing on the presets. (IPad Pro 12.9 2017 model, IOS 12.2)

    Are notes sounding when you change presets? It seems like it is especially prone to crash if it is generating sound and the preset or wavetable changes.

    Yup, it primarily crashes for me when sound is being generated, via the latchkey, & then changing presets - the audio crackles & breaks up prior to the app quitting. Assuming it’s just a case of cpu overload as there’s clearly a fair bit going on what with it using wavetables. Fewer crashes if I remember to unlatch before swopping out.

    Same for me. I managed to browse a few presets after unlatching.

    As long as I remember to unlatch or turn off notes, I don’t get many crashes.

    I like Scythe quite a lot, and I don’t thinks it’s presets do it justice. I mostly use wavetables I’ve created with AudioShare importing. I use Twisted Wave a fair amount to hack together sequences of single-cycle waveforms grabbed from my various synths that I bring into Scythe.

    The filter delay adds a lot of character. And I pretty much always end up running Scythe through a delay and or reverb.

    Yep, the filter delay he has in the app is pretty decent. I like a lot of the devs presets, but most are kind of metallic and dark. That’s cool, but I enjoy messing with importing my own samples more.

    The wave creator iap is really well done, but I think it requires a bit more skill to get great stuff from it.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @Paul16 said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

    @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

    Air2, 12.0.1 - Yep, especially on swopping out presets.

    Same here, crashing on the presets. (IPad Pro 12.9 2017 model, IOS 12.2)

    Are notes sounding when you change presets? It seems like it is especially prone to crash if it is generating sound and the preset or wavetable changes.

    Yup, it primarily crashes for me when sound is being generated, via the latchkey, & then changing presets - the audio crackles & breaks up prior to the app quitting. Assuming it’s just a case of cpu overload as there’s clearly a fair bit going on what with it using wavetables. Fewer crashes if I remember to unlatch before swopping out.

    Same for me. I managed to browse a few presets after unlatching.

    As long as I remember to unlatch or turn off notes, I don’t get many crashes.

    I like Scythe quite a lot, and I don’t thinks it’s presets do it justice. I mostly use wavetables I’ve created with AudioShare importing. I use Twisted Wave a fair amount to hack together sequences of single-cycle waveforms grabbed from my various synths that I bring into Scythe.

    The filter delay adds a lot of character. And I pretty much always end up running Scythe through a delay and or reverb.

    Yeah it's got an interesting sound, I'll definitely use it in a track at some point. I'll have to try making some single-cycle waveforms. Just discovered the sample import, so will have a bit of fun with that for a while.

  • Here is a track done entirely with Scythe plus some reverb and a little Kosmonaut. I am posting as I used sounds that are a bit different from what you hear in the included presets. The sounds were built from custom wavetables that started as imported sounds. There are just two different presets used, and each uses one wavetable.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    Here is a track done entirely with Scythe plus some reverb and a little Kosmonaut. I am posting as I used sounds that are a bit different from what you hear in the included presets. The sounds were built from custom wavetables that started as imported sounds. There are just two different presets used, and each uses one wavetable.

    Like it!

    btw The developer replied my email about the crashing of Scyth. He will look into it.

  • @Pierre118 said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    Here is a track done entirely with Scythe plus some reverb and a little Kosmonaut. I am posting as I used sounds that are a bit different from what you hear in the included presets. The sounds were built from custom wavetables that started as imported sounds. There are just two different presets used, and each uses one wavetable.

    Like it!

    btw The developer replied my email about the crashing of Scyth. He will look into it.

    Tx!

  • edited May 3

    @espiegel123 and others,

    Jarryd, the developer of Scyth, send me a e-mail that he just pushed a update to the App Store. The crashing when changing presets while playing sounds is solved.

  • Hurray!

  • @reasOne said:
    I've never been able to make this guy sound good 🤣 that's just me tho..
    Anyone wanna share some presets you've made

    Same here. I just downloaded it; free presets sound like crap. Next.

  • The update seems to have successfully addressed the frequent crashes when changing presets. Still seems not to be saving/restoring the filter delay state with presets.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    The update seems to have successfully addressed the frequent crashes when changing presets. Still seems not to be saving/restoring the filter delay state with presets.

    The preset crash is a big fix. Thank you to the developer! This synth is big potential for little money. I hope the delay state gets fixed as well.

Sign In or Register to comment.