Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live Coding Performance (sequencing iOS) + New Track by UDAGAN! Model D Modulation Mayhem!!!!!!

edited April 2019 in Creations

I've posted snippets hinting toward this kind of thing before now -- it's something I've been working on for a long time! Well, this week a good friend of ours came to visit for a few days and brought his keyboard with him, so while he was here we set a few cameras up and jammed this tune out. Turned out pretty well in the end (the audio just came from the portable mic that you can see in the video shot) and I'm very happy to share something this awesome with you all!

You can't see much of the iOS stuff beside the back of a couple of iPads, however I can assure you that fantastic things are happening on those iPads -- a multitude of apps being sequenced and modulated directly from an interface of pure text! I'm using the Haskell programming language with TidalCycles pattern syntax to sequence the following apps over two iPads:

Air2
AudioBus3 (MIDI Learn!!)
AUM (a shiiiitttt ton of fancy M/S routing and automation of AUM nodes)
Moog Model D
Viking Synth
Ruismaker
PerforatorX2
KosmonautX2

Mini4
BeatMaker 3
Mersenne
Tons of custom made BM3 sampler instruments (In this video there are drumkit sounds and electric piano most prominently)
AUFX Push
AUFX Space

I've been working heavily on constructing the tech and expanding/building out with the software
to make this possible (many custom Haskell modules defining Types that capture the essence of musical behaviour have been created!). It's fantastic to get to the point with this stuff that I can start really digging into musical development, start outputting content and get out performing. We're rehearsing for this upcoming event -- https://algomech.com/2019/artists/udagan/ -- so I'd say with fair certainty that there'll be plenty more to follow this!

Oscar

Comments

• Very interesting stuff!
    Your code looks almost like it could be done in MidiFire :D

• @rs2000 said:
    Very interesting stuff!
    Your code looks almost like it could be done in MidiFire :D

I haven’t actually checked out MIDIfire but I’m planning to play more with Stream Byter — I feel that it could add a lot of potential to the setup and gel very nicely conceptually.