Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU recorder with Timestretch

Hello everybody,
Anyone knows if there's an AU recorder or a looper like Enso that can record and follow tempo changes without changing the pitch?
Thanks

Comments

• Yes, BeatHawk.

• But it won't record as it's not seen as an AUV3 fx.
    only Chameleon Enso and few others does record, but none of the one I known have timestretch.

• True, recording only works when using as IAA or standalone.
    I wonder why the AU version has a record feature.

• @rs2000 said:
    True, recording only works when using as IAA or standalone.
    I wonder why the AU version has a record feature.

Once you stretch it in BeatHawk, can you save it and import it into Enso? Always seeking workarounds until the next AU App show up to save the file transfers.

I wish Enso could record longer timeframes but I suspect the audio gets loaded into RAM and needs to be limited versus a file player which could disk stream. Still Enso is a powerful
    tool in the DIY (Do It Yourself) DAW Construction Kit (DDCK) also called the "Dee-Dick" (rude) or "Do, Duck!" (imperative).

IAA is still powerful. I avoided buying ShimmerFX buy asking myself, do you need more than one of these Shimmer Reverbs at a time? So, I bought HarmonicExciter since I don't have anything that add harmonics, do I? Does any else add Harmonics? I asked something like this before and found out I already had 4 Apps with the "Dotted Quarter Delay" capability.

Someone wrote that "Harmony 8" can do the Frippertronic Looper, is I tried it and damn that's an amazing App that I assumed had different use cases. Is @Virsyn's catalog still on sale? Check "Harmony 8" out. It's one of those "Kitchen Sink" FX apps that are made from several FX algorithms (pitch, delay, EQ, compress/limit, reverb). But Loop? Who knew.

PS - Does anyone have advice on making Harmony 8 Loop. I assume you set the lowest delay and 100% feedback but once I started playing with the presets an hour had past without remembering why I opened the AU FX App.

• @McD said:
    Once you stretch it in BeatHawk, can you save it and import it into Enso? Always seeking workarounds until the next AU App show up to save the file transfers.

BlocsWave is likely a better candidate for that purpose.

• @rs2000 said:

@McD said:

Nice. I'm going to try that with some Enso recordings I have already and see how it goes.
    I'm pretty sure I have BlocsWave. Is there an IAP required to do the stretching?

• @McD said:

@rs2000 said:

@McD said:

Nice. I'm going to try that with some Enso recordings I have already and see how it goes.
    I'm pretty sure I have BlocsWave. Is there an IAP required to do the stretching?

IAP for the EQ

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@Halftone said:

@McD said:

@rs2000 said:

@McD said:

IAP for the EQ

$6 for the Audio Import feature
    $5 for the slicer (which I suspect is needed for stretching but maybe not)
    $2 for EQ (not sure if it's needed here but hey! Get the bundle and it's free)

$10 Pro Tools Bundle of Audio Import, Slicer, EQ

Too many other Apps on my short list.

Maybe Auria Pro will do the job to stretch an Enso Loop. I own it already.

• Definitely need a Blocs Wave upgrade to AU.. along with these new pending loopcloud 4 features...

• edited April 2019

@McD said:

@Halftone said:

@McD said:

@rs2000 said:

@McD said:

IAP for the EQ

$6 for the Audio Import feature
    $5 for the slicer (which I suspect is needed for stretching but maybe not)

$2 for EQ (not sure if it's needed here but hey! Get the bundle and it's free)

$10 Pro Tools Bundle of Audio Import, Slicer, EQ

Too many other Apps on my short list.

Maybe Auria Pro will do the job to stretch an Enso Loop. I own it already.

BTW, TwistedWave, Amazing SlowDowner, Audio Evolution, Cubasis - they can all stretch too. For stretching and exporting your files quickly, the first two should be the fastest and they have different algorithms you can match your audio material. Try the free Amazing SlowDowner...