Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StepBud AUv3 MIDI Sequencer - Available

Comments

• New version 1.3.5 has released! Updated with few minor changes related to iOS 13 issues.
    It would be great if some iOS 13 users give me feedback about how's the behavior on their devices.

• @cem_olcay said:
    New version 1.3.5 has released! Updated with few minor changes related to iOS 13 issues.
    It would be great if some iOS 13 users give me feedback about how's the behavior on their devices.

Dear Cem - so far StepBud works fine for me on IOS 13 - but I noticed a bug which I experienced also in the previous version:

The snapshot function doesn’t work in the chords-mode anymore - in note-mode everything works fine .,,,

But in chords-mode just the first snapshot works as expected - as soon as I add more snapshots they don’t remember the individual chords given to a step - instead they offer me a flat line of „BM7“ chords over all steps as soon as I recall them for the first time ...

• slysly
    edited October 2019

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change midi channel when using AU? When I open the app itself it is there but I can not find it in AU version. Thanks for help!

• Unfortunately, no option to do this. Hope @cem_olcay will add. For workaround, use Midi Tools AU which has a clone and filter AU to change midi channel.

• @cem_olcay i was playing with Stepbud driving your new RhythmBud. A great combination, thoroughly recommended!

Unfortunately snapshots seem to be playing up. I was working in chord mode, the first snapshot recorded ok. Then i alter the chords and make another few snapshots but, on recalling other snapshots, they appear almost as a flat line. Not resembling the snapshotted chords at all.

Nixes my plan to use this as a songwriting tool for now..

• Yeah I spotted the snapshot bug too, hope there's a fix coming....

• Nice, welcome update.

• Awesome news, I've just uploaded the v1.5.0 to the testflight, the new version will be ready this week.
    This is a HUGE update and I'm very excited about it. Other than the record mode, you'll have a new ratchet setting and also MIDI Channel specification for AUv3 mode!

Record Mode:

• Route a MIDI source as MIDI Input
    • Arm the record button at the end of the step view
    • Send MIDI notes or chords!
    • StepBud recognizes the notes and chords in the currently selected key and scale pair.
    • If the entered note/chord is not a member of the current scale, then it appears as a custom step.
    • You can always edit your steps by double-tapping their LED buttons.

Ratchet Mode:

• You can enter up to 4 ratchets for each of your steps.

MIDI Channel for AUv3 Mode:

• You can set the MIDI Channel from the MIDI menu now
    • Press the MIDI button on the settings strip
    • Set any MIDI Channel (0 - 15)
    • StepBud will send the MIDI messages to that channel.

@Carnbot said:
    Yeah I spotted the snapshot bug too, hope there's a fix coming....

I couldn't reproduce the snapshot bug, it was working fine with notes and chords configurations in different keys/scales as well.
    Actually a quick video would be great 🙏

• @cem_olcay here's a quick vid, don't think I'm doing anything wrong...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/076uuvgw8r8is41/RPReplay-Final1578327333.MP4?dl=0

New update looks great :)

• @Carnbot said:
    @cem_olcay here's a quick vid, don't think I'm doing anything wrong...

Thanks for the video! This is soooo strange, it doesn’t happening on the iPhone, maybe it’s a wierd new iPadOS bug. I’m heading home now, I’ll try it on my iPad and let you know soon. BTW — is the standalone version broken as well, or just an AUv3 thing?

• @cem_olcay said:

@Carnbot said:

Thanks for the video! This is soooo strange, it doesn’t happening on the iPhone, maybe it’s a wierd new iPadOS bug. I’m heading home now, I’ll try it on my iPad and let you know soon. BTW — is the standalone version broken as well, or just an AUv3 thing?

Just tried on standalone and the same thing happens in chord mode, btw if in note mode it works in both AU and standalone versions.

• @cem_olcay said:

@Carnbot said:

This bug already occurred on IOS12 - so it was not related to the 13-update ... at least not for me ,..

• edited January 2020

@Bon_Tempi said:

@cem_olcay said:

@Carnbot said:

This bug already occurred on IOS12 - so it was not related to the 13-update ... at least not for me ,..

@Carnbot said:

@cem_olcay said:

@Carnbot said:

Just tried on standalone and the same thing happens in chord mode, btw if in note mode it works in both AU and standalone versions.

OK, the bug has smashed :smiley:
    Thanks for the heads up!

• @cem_olcay said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Great news! Thanks ...

Looking forward to the exciting update ... !

• @Bon_Tempi said:

@cem_olcay said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Great news! Thanks ...

Looking forward to the exciting update ... !

Thanks for the fix + update :)

• Cool, when is dropping? ::waits anxiously::

• @auxmux said:
    Cool, when is dropping? ::waits anxiously::

Well, the testflight version is ready. If I don't get any bug reports I'll submit it to the app store today.

• Nice, thanks, happy to beta, if needed.

• The 1.5 update is in the store now

• Is it worth the record being able to record but also duplicate the rate of the previous step, instead of recording a note and stepbuds default rate?

Saying that it makes better melodies with sliders, than actual keyboard ( for now )

• Maybe it isnt supposed to be like a pianoroll type recorder as its good to use the screen. Just wondering if it can record rate so it plays back something like you play via keyboard but with all the extra features which you would use in addition anyway. Might even hinder stepbuds abilities. What I mean is, theres probabilty, ratchets and everything that would change the way it sounds anyway.

• OK curiosity got me, changing rate, note length, on vertical sliders is more analogue to staff notation and I like that.
    I'm wondering about resyncing to host start of bar though. There doesn't seem anyway to do this apart from reset the song position on the host transport, the nuclear option 😬

• Just in case anyone missed these updates.. SoundForMore covered these nicely..
    StepBud - Tutorial: Update! Record midi in, select midi out, ratchet, chord recognition...

• Nice @royor StepBud is my favorite step sequencer, very underrated.

• @royor thx for the info, great vid👍🏼

• @cem_olcay
    Could you please fix this issue - triplets run out of sync after couple of bars...
    It's already noticeable after 10 bars, after 20 you can't miss it and after 30 it's a mess...
    (Nothing adjusted while capturing)

Any chance for SB stay in sync as you tweak it's rate parameter?

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @cem_olcay
    Could you please fix this issue - triplets run out of sync after couple of bars...
    It's already noticeable after 10 bars, after 20 you can't miss it and after 30 it's a mess...
    (Nothing adjusted while capturing)

Any chance for SB stay in sync as you tweak it's rate parameter?

yes please! i love stepbud2 but i have to do a quick record of the audio cuz of the sync, please fix 🤘🏽

• Interesting sequencer...no control of anything. @cem_olcay. IOS 13.5.1 6th gen iPad. Was really looking forward to this one.

• @Bill_Brasky that’s a known bug, happening sometimes on the first load of the plugin. So, you can remove the plugin and load it again for the quickest possible fix.