Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria, AB, MIDI question

edited January 2014 in General App Discussion

I am just starting to really use AB with Auria and was wondering if anyone has utilized Auria's MIDI capabilities to sync drum tracks in another app via MIDI? The reason I ask is I'm hoping to construct tracks using a basic drum machine track as a guide, but then create a more complex drum track later on when the project is more complete. I hope this question makes sense....

Comments

• Auria hasn't implemented any midi yet (that I know of...)

• They do actually, or at least it say it does in the manual...I haven't tried utilizing it yet, but I was hoping maybe someone in the forum might have had some experience with it

• Sync on iOS is pretty unreliable. Apps implement it differently. Most people, include Auria, blame the other guy. I've had pretty good luck syncing auria and funkbox but funkbox has to start and stop it all. I've had Auria in Loopy in sync a few times but other than those two (Loopy and Funkbox being two of the most sync reliable apps I know of) it's been hit and miss at best with Auria, usually a total failure.

• That's not good news... Well this is a new frontier after all! Thanks for the input!

• I've used Auria's clock to start and stop Genome. Works perfect.

• I've used Auria to start/stop drumjam and it works and stays in sync. Same for BM2.

• Works for iElectribe... sometimes. Nice when it does, but I've found it to still be a little sloppy. Things had drifted more than I liked.

Oh well, early days I guess.

• Sorry about that - wasn't thinking midi clock - am waiting and watching for mudi tracks and editing for Auria