Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMS20 Drum Synthesis Guide

Found this lurking away on my laptop drive today and thought others might find it useful.

It's a 31-page guide to creating drum and percussion sounds with the Korg MS20 but it's equally useful for iMS20/Memphis. The guide was put together by one of the talented sound designers at Wave Alchemy.

Go grab it here: https://d.pr/f/7Xjqiq

Comments

• Thanks 😊👍

• Thank you very much!

• This is very cool, thank you!

• Talking of old stuff Discchord did a series on how to make iMS-20 patches back in 2011

• Very generous...thank you :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Very generous...thank you :)

Strictly speaking, the generosity was Wave Alchemy's, I'm just the postman delivering very old mail! ;)

• Cool, I’ll check this out later and I sent it to my friend’s son, who is a wizard with his ms-20 mini at 17 years old.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Cool, I’ll check this out later and I sent it to my friend’s son, who is a wizard with his ms-20 mini at 17 years old.

That's the ticket, get 'em young and they'll be hooked for life!

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

Nice! Thank you for posting this!
    Between this and the great article on Plugin Doctor that you linked, you’ve supplied a good portion of my learning material this last week. B)

• @jonmoore said:

@mrufino1 said:
    Cool, I’ll check this out later and I sent it to my friend’s son, who is a wizard with his ms-20 mini at 17 years old.

That's the ticket, get 'em young and they'll be hooked for life!

He’s 17 and putting out his 4th album in a few weeks, he’s taught us to pick up our creative pace!

Here's his bandcamp page
    https://transgalacticexpress.bandcamp.com/album/departure

Track 4 on that album, revenue and ridership, came from a sequence that we put in my microbrute, just to show him the sequencer. By the time I was leaving those sessions (I go to see them for a week every summer when we do our shutterwax sessions), it became his microbrute because he had done WAY more with it already than I'd ever figure out!

• @mrufino1 said:

Track 4 on that album, revenue and ridership, came from a sequence that we put in my microbrute, just to show him the sequencer. By the time I was leaving those sessions (I go to see them for a week every summer when we do our shutterwax sessions), it became his microbrute because he had done WAY more with it already than I'd ever figure out!

That's the negative of getting them started young, they show us just how shriveled and worthless our own mental capacity has become.

• @jonmoore said:

@mrufino1 said:

That's the negative of getting them started young, they show us just how shriveled and worthless our own mental capacity has become.

Ha!!! True. It can also inspire us, but I too can get discouraged.