Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What app is most like Vio?

I love that app, it’s so musical, but so abandoned.

Comments

• Voloco is close... it is subscription now though, which is a bummer. Everything else I’ve used though, Voloco is the closest to Vio.

• Vio is not on the store anymore how do you load it from your iTunes backup .ipa ? Wanted to try it out on ios12

• @audiblevideo said:
    Vio is not on the store anymore how do you load it from your iTunes backup .ipa ? Wanted to try it out on ios12

Not 64-bit, so, won’t run on 12. I’m running it on 10 on my alchemy iPad.

• edited August 2022

Just chiming in to say I played with this tonight. I’ve got to say, there’s no better vocal processor for someone with a bad voice than Vio.

• @johnfromberkeley i agree about Vio too. Do you still have/use Improvox?
    It’s a shame that as we moved farther along to more Mac-type apps as we got into AUv3, we seemed to see new apps move away from the truly original effects like Vio to more typical products…

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @johnfromberkeley i agree about Vio too. Do you still have/use Improvox?
    It’s a shame that as we moved farther along to more Mac-type apps as we got into AUv3, we seemed to see new apps move away from the truly original effects like Vio to more typical products…

I haven't used any of these apps but I agree with the sentiment. iOS App devs should think as deeply as possible about the fact they're designing for a multitouch-capable screen. Enough already with the pure imitations of hardware with all its limitations.

• @Gavinski said:

I haven't used any of these apps but I agree with the sentiment. iOS App devs should think as deeply as possible about the fact they're designing for a multitouch-capable screen. Enough already with the pure imitations of hardware with all its limitations.

Exactly. One of the best parts of iOS music is we could do things with our iOS only “eclectic” apps that couldn’t be done otherwise. Vio, ThumbJam, Tc-11, MorphWiz, etc. I know some still exist for us in the 64 bit AUv3 world, but the initial innovation and cool crazy ideas seem to have become less of a big deal.

• @NoiseHorse said:

@Gavinski said:

Exactly. One of the best parts of iOS music is we could do things with our iOS only “eclectic” apps that couldn’t be done otherwise. Vio, ThumbJam, Tc-11, MorphWiz, etc. I know some still exist for us in the 64 bit AUv3 world, but the initial innovation and cool crazy ideas seem to have become less of a big deal.

Definitely and that's very sad (hope I'm not sounding too much like Donald Trump there 😂). But if enough of us talk about it and make it clear to devs what we're looking for, we can turn that around. I'm trying to do my part, and it's sometimes effective.