Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blow The Darkness Away - new album from Richard Yot

edited April 2019 in Creations

I've managed to scrape together 6 songs for my second release. All iOS except for some vocal fixing in Revoice Pro, everything else was done on the iPad.

All of these songs start with some kind of performance, either on keys, touchscreen, or guitar, and then refined and arranged in the box. I use many apps (more details in the spoiler below) but do all my vocal tracking and final mixing in Auria.

Sometime forum regular @LostBoy85 provided the vocals for Let The Sunshine In, his voice is way better than mine and I'm super grateful for his help.

Click or tap the spoiler button if you want to know more about which apps were used:

Apps used per track:

Let The Sunshine In: composed and arranged in GarageBand, started life as a piano jam. Drums performed/sequenced in Auria.

Kings Of Nothing: this was mainly guitar so it's 100% Auria except the drums which were done in GarageBand with the Drummer (Darcy).

Where We Belong: composed and arranged in Gadget. Drums from Stockholm gadget.

Somewhere: composed and arranged in NanoStudio 2, including drum performance/sequencing.

Not How I thought it Would Be: composed and arranged in GarageBand, drums form GB Drummer (Mason)

She Can't Be Happy: drums, bass and synths in Nanostudio 2.

Spotify, Apple etc:

https://richardyot.hearnow.com/blow-the-darkness-away

Bandcamp:

https://richardyot.bandcamp.com/album/blow-the-darkness-away

Comments

• Congratulations, well done, and etc.

I always have enormous admiration for anyone (not many) who can finish a thing and an album takes lots of individual finishes to reach the collective. Aside from all that, it's inspiring (and annoying, because we're weird humans like that :)) to have seen and heard what ridiculous strides you've made in every aspect of this song-writing, producing, and especially singing, lark.

Bravo!

• I actually enjoyed your vocals more, Richard. Loved Somewhere. Accomplishment!

• Thanks for the listens :) I appreciate it.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Aside from all that, it's inspiring (and annoying, because we're weird humans like that :)) to have seen and heard what ridiculous strides you've made in every aspect of this song-writing, producing, and especially singing, lark.

Well yes, you've witnessed my slow progress from the very noobish beginnings. I dread to think of the blackmail material that you have accumulated on that little tape recorder...

• Awesome work Richard. Great to see your work come together in this album👊🏼™️

• Wonderful, very atmospheric.

• Great release, @richardyot
    Awesome songwriting and production.

The vocals are so clean :love: wow!

• Thank you very much <3

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JonathanMac said:
    Added to my Apple Music library. Will be giving it a spin!

Curious your opinion of CD Baby vs. some of the freebies/lower cost distributors out there (Amuse, Distrkid, etc). Why did you choose CD Baby?

I originally did some research on this a couple of years ago and they seemed well reviewed, so chose to go with them but I'm not an expert on all the options available. It was pretty effortless overall.

• Good job!

Favorite track: She Can't Be Happy.

• @Suboidua said:
    Good job!

Favorite track: She Can't Be Happy.

Thank you - I wasn't entirely sure about that track as it's a new one, thanks for the feedback. It's always hard to know what works and what doesn't when it's your own work.

• Listening to the first track now, great work!! Congrats on the release.

• Enjoyed the songwriting, performance and arrangement - and you got some style :+1:
    Curiosity about the first 2 tracks: did they happen to become (rather) quick additions ?
    The drum parts don't sit as well as with the rest, a bit generic and more in the background. Track 3 starts an almost new soundstage.

• edited April 2019

@Telefunky said:
    Enjoyed the songwriting, performance and arrangement - and you got some style :+1:
    Curiosity about the first 2 tracks: did they happen to become (rather) quick additions ?
    The drum parts don't sit as well as with the rest, a bit generic and more in the background. Track 3 starts an almost new soundstage.

Thanks! I guess the first two tracks are stylistically a bit different from the rest: more upbeat and obviously guitar-based. Track two is much older tan the rest (I recorded it back in 2016). I think maybe these first two tracks are a little more conventional sounding than the rest, and they are followed straight after by track 3 which is more experimental sounding. Track 3 is a much more modern sound I guess, and I think it's probably a more interesting direction to explore, I just have to let go of my love for indie guitar sounds :)

• Some evolution going on ... B)

• Hi Richard. Sorry I’m late to your party. A million congratulations to you. Much applause from these western shores.

Favourite track: A toss-up between Where We Belong and She Can’t Be Happy. The swallowing and tissues decided it. Phew. Seriously. She Can’t Be Happy is the song Teenage Fanclub never wrote. They’d be jealous of you. Brilliant. :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    Hi Richard. Sorry I’m late to your party. A million congratulations to you. Much applause from these western shores.

Favourite track: A toss-up between Where We Belong and She Can’t Be Happy. The swallowing and tissues decided it. Phew. Seriously. She Can’t Be Happy is the song Teenage Fanclub never wrote. They’d be jealous of you. Brilliant. :)

Ha - that was unexpected! Thanks for coming to the party, only you must still have last year's invite (check the dates on the thread). This year's party is actually found here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38631/songs-from-a-silent-place-new-ios-only-album

But thanks for posting anyway, all listens are appreciated :)