Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SOLVED App that can play a playlist through selected USB audio channel?

I’m recording WAV albums to tape. I need an app that will play the tracks in order, and that will also let me choose the USB audio output channels.

My tape recorder is hooked up to USB 5+6 on my mixer. Most apps default to USB 1+2.

AUM can do the latter, but not play a folder of files.

I tried piping AudioShare via AUM or AB3 using IAA, but it distorts horribly. Not sure why.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hmm, what about loading AudioShare as IAA in AUM?

• Tried that. It makes a terrible noise. Loud crackling

• edited April 2019

Soda can play through different outputs, not sure how you'd automate playing it all in order as I've not used it in a while but might be possible. It's got the ability to use playlists though.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Tried that. It makes a terrible noise. Loud crackling

Are you sure that you have everything set up correctly? Is the loud crackling audible on the iPad or only the output from the interface?

I believe that Audulus can route to arbitrary outputs of a multioutput interface -- but you would still need to send the audio to Audulus.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Tried that. It makes a terrible noise. Loud crackling

Oh well, working fine here.
    It could be sample-rate related and well, AudioShare has not been updated in ages but AUM is due for an update soon.

iOS needs better built-in audio-device handling when it comes to input & output selection.

• It certainly could be sample-rate related. It has the sound of something not working right.

@espiegel123 said:

Are you sure that you have everything set up correctly? Is the loud crackling audible on the iPad or only the output from the interface?

Pretty sure. I use this mixer with the iPad all the time. And if I swap AudioShare for a straight file player in AUM’s input, it works fine.

So I could record the tracks one by one...

• The AudioShare > AUM trick works fine if the iPad isn’t connected to usb. It plays just fine trough the built-in speakers. So perhaps it’s something to to do with sample rates.

• @mistercharlie said:
    The AudioShare > AUM trick works fine if the iPad isn’t connected to usb. It plays just fine trough the built-in speakers. So perhaps it’s something to to do with sample rates.

What sample rate is the interface running at?

• @espiegel123 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    The AudioShare > AUM trick works fine if the iPad isn’t connected to usb. It plays just fine trough the built-in speakers. So perhaps it’s something to to do with sample rates.

What sample rate is the interface running at?

The manual doesn’t say. It supports 44.1, 48 and 96. All the mentions of Mac and class-compliant usb mention 96, which seems odd.

• Solved. All I did was sleep on it, and the same setup worked the next morning.

AudioShare > AUM > USB outputs 5+6.

All working fine. Thanks for the help!