Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Figure updated

Comments

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Oh goody, landscape mode finally.

(Opens app).

Oh.

I did not see that..

• Landscape mode has been there for a while.

• @paradiddle said:
    Landscape mode has been there for a while.

Yes but only in the performance mode. I’d like the main screen to be landscape.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t use it much for this reason.

• Yes makes more sense for an ipad which i rarely use figure on for the same reason. However i do use figure on the go with the iphone. Doesn’t take long to get something going.

Only complain is the whole song aspect of it which is a little too limited. Jamming on top of the same 8 bars. Nope

@TheVimFuego said:

@paradiddle said:
    Landscape mode has been there for a while.

Yes but only in the performance mode. I’d like the main screen to be landscape.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t use it much for this reason.

• Sign in is not cool, only app which needed this for me was StageLight and I receive email from them every two days or more... was it the case with « Reason » compact? I can’t remember.

• edited April 2019

@Janosax said:
    Sign in is not cool, only app which needed this for me was StageLight and I receive email from them every two days or more... was it the case with « Reason » compact? I can’t remember.

Yes, sign in was needed with Reason Compact but then I think this also added a Reason Lite license to your account.

I already had an Intro license so didn’t get the Lite version as well.

• But will it integrate with Reason Compact?! 😂🤣. Sorry but I find the Props apps on ios just a joke.

• If this had multi outputs or exported separate audio files for each instrument it would be much more useful.

• I rather like the Europa synth in Reason compact, and I understand Bass and Drums for RC are in beta.

• @GrimLucky said:
    If this had multi outputs or exported separate audio files for each instrument it would be much more useful.

It would be nice if it exported the midi as well.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Totally f'd in AUM. Switching from Figure to AUM just results in a hung Figure unless I switch back... As there's no way to record in Figure... sigh... These people are morons...

Working fine for me. Connected AUM with Figure via IAA and it's noodling away quite happily.

• @Halftone said:

@ecou said:
    I really like Figure but I have a policy. If a app need a login it gets deleted. How much do I like Figure ?

Like I said above - if you don't have wifi turned on you should be able to open Figure without a need for a login.
    I Haven't updated yet to test, but that's how it worked for me with Reason Compact.

I missed that wifi comment. Thank you for pointing out.

• edited April 2019

Figure still holds up as a great little phrase maker. Why they tried to turn it into a social app I have no idea, especially when it could have been a nice money maker for them all this time. Still can it’s not too late, because it’s an app that is more or less dependent on sound packs for new sounds (as opposed to a synth where there is more user control). So yeah beyond better integration with Reason, bring on some dollar sound packs while you’re at it. I would gladly pay for new sounds.

• Happy it's still in the game, but going back through a lot of the stuff I have stashed away in Figure I hear that 90% sounds like ersatz New Order....

• Just deleted. Like others, I don’t sign in, sign up, to use an app like Figure. Might as well have made it a subscription base.

• edited April 2019

@e121 said:
    Figure still holds up as a great little phrase maker. Why they tried to turn it into a social app I have no idea, especially when it could have been a nice money maker for them all this time. Still can it’s not too late, because it’s an app that is more or less dependent on sound packs for new sounds (as opposed to a synth where there is more user control). So yeah beyond better integration with Reason, bring on some dollar sound packs while you’re at it. I would gladly pay for new sounds.

Agreed.

As for the people who steadfastly refuse to create an additional login and password, I really don’t understand. Is it a too much email spam thing? Is it privacy concerns? Because as long as the app remains installed, you spend a grand total of 30 seconds creating a login, sign in, and then you stay signed in for the most part. It’s not hard and doesn’t magically make a great app into a steaming pile. And it would somehow be better to pay a subscription fee every month than to create a login and use the app for free? Makes zero sense. And I’m not some Figure fanatic either. But to each their own, carry on, etc

• Yeah.
    Get yer gripe on.

• It’s not working in AUM for me either- hanging buzzes all the time- unworkable at the moment. This is with background audio on or off.

• edited April 2019

Idgaf about signing in lol that didn't bother me, if I had a company I would want info as well for who is using our products , no biggie I got nothing to hide

• @robosardine said:
    It’s not working in AUM for me either- hanging buzzes all the time- unworkable at the moment. This is with background audio on or off.

Open it first, then load it into AUM.
    It stopped the buzzing for me by doing this.

• It would be great if Figure became an AUv3... Then can you have multiple versions, synced with Link.. :)

• edited April 2019

Getting buzzing and freezing in AUM whether I load before or after. Audio copy works just fine though, and it’s probably how I’ll use it anyways.

You know what would be a great addition for Figure? A simple song mode that strung phrases together, quantizing the transition from one phrase to another.

Edit: All they’d have to do is add quantization to the song browse playback that’s already there, and maybe a folder system to save different groups of phrases together (rather than one long list).

• Files.app support would make the iTunes export usable...

• @e121 said:
    Getting buzzing and freezing in AUM whether I load before or after. Audio copy works just fine though, and it’s probably how I’ll use it anyways.

You know what would be a great addition for Figure? A simple song mode that strung phrases together, quantizing the transition from one phrase to another.

Edit: All they’d have to do is add quantization to the song browse playback that’s already there, and maybe a folder system to save different groups of phrases together (rather than one long list).

Man, that sucks about the buzzing.
    I am on an ancient Air2.
    Maybe they need to update something for newer model devices.
    What are you using?

• @CracklePot said:

@e121 said:

Man, that sucks about the buzzing.
    I am on an ancient Air2.
    Maybe they need to update something for newer model devices.
    What are you using?

6s Plus on the latest iOS. Not a big deal though, I'll probably just use the export.

• @CracklePot said:

@robosardine said:
    It’s not working in AUM for me either- hanging buzzes all the time- unworkable at the moment. This is with background audio on or off.

Open it first, then load it into AUM.
    It stopped the buzzing for me by doing this.

I thought I had been doing this- I noticed you had mentioned it earlier and I couldn’t get it to work- but I have just tried it again and it does now- so I must have done something wrong🤔 Thanks

• Just use mailnesia or suchlike disposable email?

@JudgeDredd said:
    Just deleted. Like others, I don’t sign in, sign up, to use an app like Figure. Might as well have made it a subscription base.

Figure/replicant2/dubstation2/Enso/etc= megadubness

• Just also saw Take got the same treatment. Anyone know if we can export out of there? I’ll try later but curious if anyone did already