Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fugue Machine AU Demo — 4 instances hosted in AUM, controlling Prophet 08, Ob-6, and Minitaur

Posted this in the composition thread, but it's more of a demo.

Here's the video:

Setup:

• Top left sending to an 808 kick.
  • Bottom left to a Minitaur.
  • Top right to a Prophet 08.
  • Bottom right to an OB-6.
  • Everything fed into Space and TimeFactor and mixed in a QU.

Comments

• Off topic request here, @Alexandernaut any chance you could add a way to make presets made in the main app accessible in the AU?

I saved a preset in the main app, tried to use it in the AU in AUM and only saw the factory presets in the AUM window menu (upper left) with no preset menu in FM like the main app menu (upper right).

Maybe you could simply add the presets menu in the main app to the AU?

• Tell us how you connect it all. The Mio?

• Beautiful my good man. Beautiful. 👊🏼™️

• @e121 said:
    Off topic request here, @Alexandernaut any chance you could add a way to make presets made in the main app accessible in the AU?

I saved a preset in the main app, tried to use it in the AU in AUM and only saw the factory presets in the AUM window menu (upper left) with no preset menu in FM like the main app menu (upper right).

Maybe you could simply add the presets menu in the main app to the AU?

And vice versa.

Reason a common preset save section is useful is because sometimes certain set ups don't work for whatever reason, and it would suck to be working on a preset for a long time only to realize you're going to have to switch to IAA from AU (or vice versa).

• edited April 2019

@e121
    In the main app, swipe right on a preset, and press copy.
    In the AU, at the bottom of the ... menu, select paste.

This puts the notes in the player, but use AUM preset save to save it. If you use the AU in another host, you have to copy/paste/save again in that host.

You can copy/paste back to the main app from the AU, too. Just reverse the order. Once you hit copy in the AU, paste will become available when you swipe right on a pattern slot in the main app.

• @CracklePot said:
    @e121

This puts the notes in the player, but use AUM preset save to save it. If you use the AU in another host, you have to copy/paste/save again in that host.

Thanks @CracklePot and yeah @e121, that's the way to do it for now. I figured that's a pretty good solution to start with, but perhaps I'll consider a more global solution... 🤔

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Tell us how you connect it all. The Mio?

yeah man! The mio10. Absolutely love that thing.

More specifically, the iPad is simply connected to the mio10 directly, and all the ports show up in AUM with custom names.

Here's a screenshot of the MIDI routing:

• @echoopera said:
    Beautiful my good man. Beautiful. 👊🏼™️

thank you thank you 😌

• @CracklePot said:
    @e121

You can copy/paste back to the main app from the AU, too. Just reverse the order. Once you hit copy in the AU, paste will become available when you swipe right on a pattern slot in the main app.

Missed that, thank you.

• Am I missing something? I thought these were the presets from the Standalone?

• edited April 2019

@david_2017 said:

Am I missing something? I thought these were the presets from the Standalone?

I think they meant the user presets from the standalone. So for the patterns that you make to show up in the au, rn the only way is via copy/paste.