Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SPA + e.g. Wave shaper routing issue..

So in this video I'm attempting to show you the problem im having.
I have wave shaper playing with its own on screen keyboard and it is playing a morph mix of the A and B waves as it should 😁
However when I send notes to it via SPA, it only triggers the B wave sound or the A wave sound depending on which one I have selected, but not both simultaneously
What am I doing wrong!!

Comments

• Hoping this is fixable as I really want to use SPA to sequence waveshaper!!

• Hi.
    I dont have WaveShaper - but have you tried to make "longer" notes in SPA? (Meaning extending the note bars)
    Maybe 1/16t is to short in combination with the "normal" notes.
    Any special behaviors of the WaveShaper Keyboard itself?

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Hi.
    I dont have WaveShaper - but have you tried to make "longer" notes in SPA? (Meaning extending the note bars)
    Maybe 1/16t is to short in combination with the "normal" notes.
    Any special behaviors of the WaveShaper Keyboard itself?

That's deff worth a try.
    However 16th notes do trigger both a and B with the ws on screen keys.
    I'm wondering if it's a polyphony thing... It would be cool if you could route SPA directly too the keys in ws but I'm sure that's not a thing

• _ki_ki
    edited April 2019

I just checked (AUM, SPAU and WS) - since the morphing worked in my tests, i had a close look at your preset settings (glad you did a video)

Your Morph Release is probably too long.

The upper „Morph’ knob specifies the timing needed to go from A to B applied on note-on and the lower ‚Release‘ knob specifies the timing from B to A applied on a note-off.
    It seems that the current value is interpolated to avoid value jumps - so with a long release the value will not reach A in time before a new note on happens. The note-on then starts its interpolation to B with the current morph value.

• _ki_ki
    edited April 2019

@reasOne

Hmm, just tested again with you morph settings - on my iPAD Pro1.5 IOS 12.1.4 the wavetable graphics shows the interpolations for short and longer notes but in your video there is no waveform change at all, which is strange.

Did you assign any Env or Lfo to the morph mix ? That seems to override the morph timing settings. If i assign an env, the env does not start from ‚zero‘ time, but a notes needs to be pressed for some minimal amout to start the env. This is even shown in the env graphics - the vertical position marker does not start appearing and moving on note-on but just a bit later and the vertical marker appears with an offset.

Could be a bug @ElliottGarage ?

For an env assigned to morph-mix the ‚wait‘ time is related to the speed of the env - for faster speeds, the delay is less or even not there.
    But for speeds settings in the first quarter of the knob its obvious there is a delay - short notes (just tipping a note on Waveshapers internal keyboard and releasing it) will not trigger the env and the vertical play marker does not start at the left most position.

If nothing is assigned to the morph-mix, the morph graphics (and also the audible sound) is interpolated for these short notes even for zero morph time and full release time.

• @_ki said:
    @reasOne

Hmm, just tested again with you morph settings - on my iPAD Pro1.5 IOS 12.1.4 the wavetable graphics shows the interpolations for short and longer notes but in your video there is no waveform change at all, which is strange.

Did you assign any Env or Lfo to the morph mix ? That seems to override the morph timing settings. If i assign an env, the env does not start from ‚zero‘ time, but a notes needs to be pressed for some minimal amout to start the env. This is even shown in the env graphics - the vertical position marker does not start appearing and moving on note-on but just a bit later and the vertical marker appears with an offset.

Could be a bug @ElliottGarage ?

For an env assigned to morph-mix the ‚wait‘ time is related to the speed of the env - for faster speeds, the delay is less or even not there.
    But for speeds settings in the first quarter of the knob its obvious there is a delay - short notes (just tipping a note on Waveshapers internal keyboard and releasing it) will not trigger the env and the vertical play marker does not start at the left most position.

If nothing is assigned to the morph-mix, the morph graphics (and also the audible sound) is interpolated for these short notes even for zero morph time and full release time.

Appreciate you testing this!
    I do not currently have anything assigned to the morph mix.... Also tested in garage band with the same thing
    the gb keys only play the selected morph while the on screen keys in ws play it right, even with short notes..
    I'm an update behind on my iPad but is doing this on iPhone as well, I shared the preset to both..
    Hopefully @ElliottGarage can chime in!
    Good info on the lfo stuff and mix settings btw !!

• It seems to be working now...
    At least on my iPhone...
    Maybe it just needed a reset haha

• Hi everybody...always a pleasure to see WaveSHAPER used in combination with other apps :)
    What I guess is happening in the video is that the morph release time is too long so a new note will be triggered before the morph will release from waveform B to waveform A (and that's confirmed by the fact that only the waveform B is displayed and played).
    You should try to set a very short morph release time, or to decrease the sequencer time.

Anyway congratulation for the great sounding preset. I would love to add new presets to the app, maybe I can insert an 'AUDIOBUS' section...Do you guys think it could be interesting? Do you have any presets to share? :)