Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW stark demo(hp sim passthrough(bypass)/ownhammer ir cab.

Here is the real problem with this app:it’s HP sim.
It kills all that could be good about the rest of this app.
I don’t like the drive part of the amps(all of them),BUT some GOOD things can be achieved with the clean side +OD ,distortion and booster pedals.
I use a marshall cab ir and....i let you be the judge😉.
Thanks!

Comments

• Yes, that sounds much better than your previous demo! Love the slight Uni-Vibe effect too.
    I am not a "techy" guitarist, so how did you add the Marshall Cab IR and where did you get it from?
    Thanks

• It’an ir cab from ownhammer.
    I use aum in which i load strark followed by i convolver(or whatever convolution app).
    Cheers!

• @flo26 Does sound much more realistic. I figured it had to be the cab modelling for people who do like Reamp, since the high mids and above are what sounds so off on the demos, and the distortion/saturation algorithms are probably using similar tech to reamp.

• You still have a little bit of music at 6,54 minutes😉.

• @flo26 agreed once again, the stomps are ok n Stark But that woody sounding Cab needs a bypass

• What are you referring to when you say HP Sim? High pass filter or something else? Or are you referring to bypassing the cabinet sum, which would make sense given what you did by using the IR, so wondering what HP stands for in that context. I don't have the app and won't be getting it as I really don't have a need, so this is just for my own understanding. Thanks!

• Sorry,yes,i was talking about bypassing the cab.

• @flo26 : tx for posting. Kind of shocking how much better that sounds.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @flo26 : tx for posting. Kind of shocking how much better that sounds.

I agree😉.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@mrufino1 said:
    What are you referring to when you say HP Sim?

I think he's referring to "High Power" Simulations. @flo26 mentions hating the "drive" settings offered on every Stark Amp Model. Old school Amps typically have clean/drive switches.

I've been testing all my other FX apps in series with Stark. Using the 4Pockets Graphic EQ is useful for tweaking the balance of Bass, Middle, Highs. "Bark Filter" does a really good job showing the frequency mix of the output before it and can adjust EQ quickly. The best solution I have found for "HP" using Stark is 2 DC-9's (Tube Screamer clones) before Stark.

So, @flo26 used "clean" settings and bypassed the cabinet feature and used the IAA iConvolver App with a well known Impulse Response file available online (for a price I think, not sure). I passed on iConvolver (for the no more IAA issue) and an AUv3 IR app is coming soon to fill this hole and open that world of extra modeling. The IAA Altispace can also load IR's but has a shorter time capability than iConvolver but some amazing tonal features making it a "must have" for me: like recording a flute in the Taj Mahal.

I hope people are getting the idea that this is a cool $10 App. At $20, I would pass and wait for Black Friday. It's only 8 months away to save that $10 (again).

• @flo26 said:
    Here is the real problem with this app:it’s HP sim.
    It kills all that could be good about the rest of this app.
    I don’t like the drive part of the amps(all of them),BUT some GOOD things can be achieved with the clean side +OD ,distortion and booster pedals.
    I use a marshall cab ir and....i let you be the judge😉.
    Thanks!

Wow. Awesome tones and even more awesome playing. I was hoping you'd demo the sweetness and sensitive sounds of Stark to balance the books on the review.

There's an AUv3 IR App in developement. It's getting the TestFlight workout so it should ship soon. Hopefully, it competes well against the IAA iConvolver (or iConvolver adds AUv3 support).

I guess I rarely use the "drive" option so I was sold with a test drive. I'm new to cab emulation and have a new set of options to navigate with an IR app in the mix.

• @McD said:

@mrufino1 said:
    What are you referring to when you say HP Sim?

I think he's referring to "High Power" Simulations. @flo26 mentions hating the "drive" settings offered on every Stark Amp Model. Old school Amps typically have clean/drive switches.

I've been testing all my other FX apps in series with Stark. Using the 4Pockets Graphic EQ is useful for tweaking the balance of Bass, Middle, Highs. "Bark Filter" does a really good job showing the frequency mix of the output before it and can adjust EQ quickly. The best solution I have found for "HP" using Stark is 2 DC-9's (Tube Screamer clones) before Stark.

So, @flo26 used "clean" settings and bypassed the cabinet feature and used the IAA iConvolver App with a well known Impulse Response file available online (for a price I think, not sure). I passed on iConvolver (for the no more IAA issue) and an AUv3 IR app is coming soon to fill this hole and open that world of extra modeling. The IAA Altispace can also load IR's but has a shorter time capability than iConvolver but some amazing tonal features making it a "must have" for me: like recording a flute in the Taj Mahal.

I hope people are getting the idea that this is a cool $10 App. At $20, I would pass and wait for Black Friday. It's only 8 months away to save that $10 (again).

Thanks a lot for explaining clearly what i meant.
    Cheers!!

• @McD @flo26 high power, makes sense now, thanks!

• @mcd: btw, if you have cabinet IRs, you can also use the free Fiddlicator app. Cabinets don't use long duration IRs. So, AltiSpace's limitation of the maximum duration won't come into play if you are just using a cabinet IR. Maybe you already knew that.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @mcd: btw, if you have cabinet IRs, you can also use the free Fiddlicator app. Cabinets don't use long duration IRs. So, AltiSpace's limitation of the maximum duration won't come into play if you are just using a cabinet IR. Maybe you already knew that.

I did not. I only discovered the idea of IR's (Impulse Response) recently by reading the forum.
    I turned left for 30 years following computer networking and hardware simulations for just returned to music as a technological pursuit.

But I did take engineering classes so in the deep recesses of memory I recall learning to calculate "Impulse Responses" in the Fourrier Series or some such nonsense to predict the behavior of filters. I prefer the practical applications we play with here over the mathematical models, but I bless those that can reply that theory to make these DSP Sound Models.

Still, an AUv3 IR Reverb is imminent. It might be a perfect mate for this little jewel of an Amp App. Then we just need more great FX for the "high power" effects to generate great, phat, sparkling distortions. It will come one App at a time and AUv3 let's us make "vChannel Strips".

A little side bar on "drive". Tube circuits never clipped since they were pure analog. They just refused to produce outputs that exceeded the supply voltage for the tube. They amplified an input within the settings of the possible outputs and signals at the upper margins just "saturated" the circuit and produced a smooth lovely tone guitarists grew to covet. Hendrix moved into that zone until he passed on.

But new sounds demanded new approaches to exciting the extremes so solid-state circuits started created on "High Power" (driven) tones that didn't roll off all the high frequencies like the warm tube sound did. They put high-volume, full spectrum tone in your face. The watch work was "metal" which isn't warm but could glow with heat.

Amp designers started adding "drive" settings to push the pre-amp into saturation at low volumes to allow us to sound like more like Hendrix and not loose the dinner crowd. The history of electronic guitar fits neatly into my personal history. I was born when Les Paul was effectively creating the modern electric guitar from a slab of wood and near where Leo Fender created the Stratocaster. Now I crave simulations in my headphones for $10 and when I spot one... I hit "Purchase" and disappear for a few days of discovery of classic sounds. Stark scratches that itch and supports tonal extensions with ADverb 2, DC-9, NYComprosser and hopefully several more. "Alien Box" does some magic benefit for $3 like a Mu-tron pedal (a subtle auto-was type of active filter).

I haven't even started to test App's into Stark. But I'll get some thin sounding apps like "Tines" become magical through this DSP modeling magic. Any Synth Preset should benefit with from more tone and room-iness.