Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Radio garden

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• What a great find B) .. thanks for sharing dude :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • encenc
    edited April 2019

I spent over an hour doing the same last night :D From the west coast of California down to Brazil to the Fiji isles then on to Eastern Europe. Perhaps not surprisingly, there are no North Korean stations featured which is a shame.

Back in the 80s I Used to listen in on a crackly short wave radio to those late era Cold War Soviet propaganda services with their Pompous musical indents... very, very eery but quite magical at the time. I hadn't a clue what the presenters were talking about but it was so intriguing.

• In North Korea radio listens to YOU.

I sampled some of those weird Cold War numbers stations that broadcast the hidden codes in repeated letters and numbers.

• encenc
    edited April 2019

@1nsomniak said:
    In North Korea radio listens to YOU.

I sampled some of those weird Cold War numbers stations that broadcast the hidden codes in repeated letters and numbers.

Ahh yeah .. I remember those 😎

They need to change the name from radio garden ... it projects totally the wrong image :D

• Anybody get this working on iPhone ?

Works fine on pc and iPad but not on my iPhone :s

• edited April 2019

Wow! Great find! I’m listening to radio Tehran. Some good jams on Radio Mahoor.

• I use the TuneIn app on the iPhone & iPad.
    The web version is quite good as well...
    https://tunein.com/

• I just discovered Radio Garden because I was notified that a track from my latest album Moments in Time, with German composer and pianist Oliver Papke, will be played on The Last Outpost on Harborough FM that can be heard on Radio Garden tonight between 9pm and 11pm! :smile:

• @d4d0ug Great link, thanks for that! Turns out they have a nice little app too, free but $1.99 to remove ads. Well worth it!

• Undertones my perfect cousin on some random Seattle station B)

still not working on iphone .. just get a blue screen with "planting radio garden" message :s

• Great link thanks.

• now working on iphone B) i can recommend Russian station ... Radio Cultura B)

• edited October 2019

For a directly useful version of the same sort of thing for Musique concrete/soundscaping, check out:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/streemur/id1307609511

I’ve used it to create effected ‘tape loops’ inside AUM. Much fun. :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    For a directly useful version of the same sort of thing for Musique concrete/soundscaping, check out:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/streemur/id1307609511

I’ve used it to create effected ‘tape loops’ inside AUM. Much fun. :)

Streemur is fantastic. Do you, or anyone, have additional radio sources for the five free slots?

• edited October 2019

I’ve used one of them to stream sections of Lovecraft, Poe and similar public domain classic horror fiction sources from the RSS feeds available for the Librivox Public domain audiobook. For example a (not great example, admittedly) of a volunteer reading of a story featuring Algernon Blackwood’s ‘occult detective’ John Silence:

https://ia800409.us.archive.org/32/items/john_silence_1308_librivox/john_

(The stories are great, btw, the delivery... variable. :) ) This has the advantage that you can pick out specific suitable text from a written source (also usually PD and free!) for a focussed ‘sampling’ usage.

Also: if I’m using a foreign language source as an atmosphere or special effect itself, rather than for it’s meaning and I can’t be sure what the topic being discussed is, I’ll make sure that there’s enough speed, direction, cut up and FX manipulation of the source to ensure that the original meaning can’t embarrass or damage the intent of the piece.

• This is a great link, thanks. Another is Audials which has the advantage you can select stations by country and then select individual stations by music genre. However, love Radio Garden for just spinning the globe and listening to random stations.

• In the same vein, there's also WebSDR: http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901