Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stark(a few presets,no tweaking)audio demo.

With such a sound as a base,i won’t even go further.
I want to be clear,this is only my point of view,my vision,my taste.Nothing else.
Once angain,i really appreciate klevgrand apps!

Comments

• Wow.... that sounds harsh 😱
    You should have tweaked at least a little bit the presets... :-D
    I can't believe such a difference between audio demos on Klevgr's soundcloud and yours.
    I know that this AUv3 would be of no use for me too 'cause I also ear that "clinical/digital/cold/SO thin" sound in the demos... but I just can't beleive one can keep and use an app that produces the sound you've recorded 😂🙈 !

Mais, P...N c'que tu joues bien !

• Oof - that's some rough tones right there.

Thanks for this - Super helpful.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

Thank you for creating this. I can see why you are not impressed with Stark given the density of your playing style. It ends up being compressed here.

Yonac or Bias will probably make a better AU App for your style of play.

I'm expecting @Bedheadproducer to have a similar take given the density of the sound
    coming into the app.

I learned a big lesson by getting the Klevgrand Tines App and wondering when would I even use this over my usual Rhodes apps... none of which we're AUv3's. They I started adding great AU FX Apps to Tines and the light went on. Modeling can save CPU can make sounds that are extremely effective in a mix.

For the last few weeks I have been testing ReAmp on most Tracks in AUM and generally leaving it in the config. I'll probably switch out ReAmp for Stark in that assembly process to just get more "room" in the sound and make things sound more real.

I can't play like you and probably don't have a guitar that costs what your pickups do so I'll
    never miss the tonal sound your after as a serious player of the instrument.

Just to complete the record. What do you use to record guitar in a DAW on IOS? If I don't have it, I'll want it. I want to learn to play with that punch too.

I'll check your postings on the forum for clues, I see you have 250 threads and 500+ comments so that will help me gain context and clues.

• edited April 2019

I usually use an apogee quartet,but for this demo it was an apogee jam.

• @mcd: it has nothing to do with the density of his style. He can also play sparingly with great touch and feeling. IMO, even (or especially) Klevgrand's own posted clean jazz demos exhibit the same issues.

If there are people for whom that is what they are going for, they should go for it and be happy.

• edited April 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    @mcd: it has nothing to do with the density of his style. He can also play sparingly with great touch and feeling. IMO, even (or especially) Klevgrand's own posted clean jazz demos exhibit the same issues.

If there are people for whom that is what they are going for, they should go for it and be happy.

Well said!I totally agree!
    If you enjoy the app,that's great!! It is simply not for me.
    Have fun!

• @McD said:
    Thank you for creating this. I can see why you are not impressed with Stark given the density of your playing style. It ends up being compressed here.

Yonac or Bias will probably make a better AU App for your style of play.

I'm expecting @Bedheadproducer to have a similar take given the density of the sound
    coming into the app.

I learned a big lesson by getting the Klevgrand Tines App and wondering when would I even use this over my usual Rhodes apps... none of which we're AUv3's. They I started adding great AU FX Apps to Tines and the light went on. Modeling can save CPU can make sounds that are extremely effective in a mix.

For the last few weeks I have been testing ReAmp on most Tracks in AUM and generally leaving it in the config. I'll probably switch out ReAmp for Stark in that assembly process to just get more "room" in the sound and make things sound more real.

I can't play like you and probably don't have a guitar that costs what your pickups do so I'll
    never miss the tonal sound your after as a serious player of the instrument.

Just to complete the record. What do you use to record guitar in a DAW on IOS? If I don't have it, I'll want it. I want to learn to play with that punch too.

I'll check your postings on the forum for clues, I see you have 250 threads and 500+ comments so that will help me gain context and clues.

I can't remember if Tines is guilty of this too, but all of their other instruments have such ridiculous aliasing at not even that high an octave. It's so over the top I feel like it had to be a stylistic choice, but it was a very poor one in my book.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

Quick survey of @flo26 recorded rigs:

@flo26 wrote (and I added the prices):

I use my rivera amp ($1,700-$3000) with ir cabs(mesa cab), ifretless bass, synthmaster player, drumjam, my apogee quartet ($1,395) and multitrack daw.

And another:
    NOTE: Looks like the soundcloud needed to be deleted for more space probably. (https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30135/bias-fx-klevgrand-reamp-ir-cabs-demo#latest)

@flo26 wrote about the rig used as a demo:

luke guitar, bias fx, iconvolver, reamp, adverb 2 and my apogee jam

Bias and iConvolver take me out of the AUv3 world.

NOTE: The order of the AU's is a useful clue for experimenting. I tend to put FX after ReAmp.

Context always helps. The quality of the playing on the SoundCloud site speaks volumes.
    The best investment I can make is more time in a quiet room practicing the fundamentals
    which I like to do with earphones and my iPad to hear any "mistakes". I'll be using Stark to replace ReAmp.

• Sorry,but really,for me,this thing sounds bad😰😰.

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

I get that totally, and think some of it has to do with different players, guitars, and signal chains. I was so super excited when @flo26 kindly provided preset banks awhile back, because I love everything I've heard from him. Loaded 'em up and couldn't get a tone that I liked out of any of them.

There, we like the same things, but have totally different ways of getting there. It's not surprising in the least that there are differences in experience.